Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 45091 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to transfer 2.8 guineas to the undersigned company, Powder and Partner.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 10% of the initial sum. The initial sum will need to be repaid in full after 6 month. Failure to pay interests or to provide the full initial sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.
In consideration of the cyclical nature of trade, it is agreed that interest payments can be suspended for up to 3 months. The amount due will still need to be paid either immediately or spread across the rest of the loan. No further suspension can be awarded until there is no longer outstanding suspended interest.

Signed:
-Powder and Partner
-Sharky's financial services
I am indeed receiving m o n e y.

And with that money, I would like to do this:
Quote from: Ship Contract
We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Great Granular Galleon' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Nearsouthlands until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. A 1/10 share will be given to each signer to the contract for each 1.1 guineas put into the cost of the ship.  These can be sold or given away at any time. Each 1/10 share entitles the holder to 1/10 of the Great Granular Galleon's cargo, and each 1/10 share will also obligate the shareholder to pay 1/10 of repair costs in case of damage. These normally must be paid within two months, but a shareholder can also choose to pay other shareholders' repair costs. If this does not happen and shareholder(s) do not pay their repair costs within the two month period, the shares of the nonpaying shareholder(s) are defaulted to the paying shareholders, divided between them (rounding towards closest integers). Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 6/10 of all shares of the Great Granular Galleon. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Great Granular Galleon to be in agreement.

Signed:
-Powder and Partners - 6.6 guineas (6/10 shares)
Spoiler: Powder and Partner (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 02:59:45 pm by Powder Miner »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We, Sharky's financial services, agree to receive payment for the outstanding loan from Bathtub corsairs in the form of 10 wool and 5.9 guineas. The debt shall be considered extinguished and should a productive invention result from the wool Sharky's financial services shall give Bathtub Corsairs the right to buy the prototype at a discount equivalent to the licensing cost. This is to be understood as buying the prototype at production cost, as defined by wool prices at the time the option to buy is exercised.
-Bathtub Corsairs

@ANDREA
We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Norderland, agree to provide both the ship Bloody Shark represented by Bathtub corsairs with a navigator to guide them to Norderland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of 0.4 guineas.
This sum shall be paid immediately. Stealing the charts of the navigator or otherwise extorting proprietary information is to be considered against this contract and liable to incur a fee of 5 guineas.
-Bathtub Corsairs

ACTACTACT: Previous Post has been changed to selling ten wool. Transfering 10 wool and the rest of the payment to Shark.
Additional, Maigierin changing course for the Nearsouthlands.

I assume I don't need to change my accounting other than to deduct the nav cost. That should be all for now.

Spoiler: Bathtub Corsairs (click to show/hide)

Andrea. I'd also look to take out a new loan for 3.48 guineas, or whereabouts. Powder, declaring intent to join your venture.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 03:18:51 pm by TricMagic »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Great Granular Galleon' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Nearsouthlands until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. A 1/10 share will be given to each signer to the contract for each 1.1 guineas put into the cost of the ship.  These can be sold or given away at any time. Each 1/10 share entitles the holder to 1/10 of the Great Granular Galleon's cargo, and each 1/10 share will also obligate the shareholder to pay 1/10 of repair costs in case of damage. These normally must be paid within two months, but a shareholder can also choose to pay other shareholders' repair costs. If this does not happen and shareholder(s) do not pay their repair costs within the two month period, the shares of the nonpaying shareholder(s) are defaulted to the paying shareholders, divided between them (rounding towards closest integers). Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 6/10 of all shares of the Great Granular Galleon. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Great Granular Galleon to be in agreement.

-Lord Pibleton - 4.4 guineas (4/10 shares)

Lord Pibleton is frequently away on business, and thus is concerned about jeopardising the ship. As such, he is interested in making his position as a semi-silent partner in this venture official. Thus, along with a signed copy of the Great Granular Galleon contract, the below is delivered to the offices of @Powder and Partner.

Quote from: Great Granular Galleon Silent Partnership
I, Lord Pibleton, hereby declare that for all decisions regarding the ship Great Granular Galleon (GGG), Lord Pibleton's vote will not be considered for determining if the motion has majority support, unless said motion would cause the bankruptcy of Lord Pibleton. This includes requiring shareholders of GGG to claim funds (or resources in lieu) from Lord Pibleton to pay for repairs/improvements/modifications to GGG instead of allowing shares to default. This contract can be unilaterally overturned by Lord Pibleton, either temporarily,  permanently or on a case by case basis. This contract does not apply to the modification of the GGG ownership contract.

Signed:
- Lord Pibleton
- ______

Spoiler: Lord Pibleton (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 03:23:08 pm by Kashyyk »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Darn..

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

-Lord Pibleton - 4.4 guineas (4/10 shares)
ACTACTACT: Purchase the Great Granular Galleon, sailing the route to the Nearsouthlands. baybeeee

Quote from: Great Granular Galleon Silent Partnership
I, Lord Pibleton, hereby declare that for all decisions regarding the ship Great Granular Galleon (GGG), Lord Pibleton's vote will not be considered for determining if the motion has majority support, unless said motion would cause the bankruptcy of Lord Pibleton. This includes requiring shareholders of GGG to claim funds (or resources in lieu) from Lord Pibleton to pay for repairs/improvements/modifications to GGG instead of allowing shares to default. This contract can be unilaterally overturned by Lord Pibleton, either temporarily,  permanently or on a case by case basis. This contract does not apply to the modification of the GGG ownership contract.

Signed:
- Lord Pibleton
- Powder and Partner

Spoiler: Powder and Partner (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 03:34:36 pm by Powder Miner »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A NEW ARRIVAL HAS ARRIVED

Spoiler: Jim (click to show/hide)

LOT2BID: 3 Guineas

My name is Jim and one day I'll be famous!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[cut]BID: 3 Guineas
The high bid is already 3 Guineas. You must exceed it by at least 0.05gn.
Long Live United Forenia!

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oops, for some reason my brain was telling myself royal favor was separate but equal even though you clearly wrote them out as equivalent.

Jim remains sleeping in a burlap sack on the dock for now, but approaches @ANDREA with a negotiable offer!

Jim proposes that Sharky Financial Services take on the additional cost of a bid for the title included in Lot 2 (note - it's not written exactly as it should be so that Nuke doesn't hit this post ten times in his search for bids) up to or equal to Jim's contribution, to be treated as a loan at a lowered interest rate. 25% of any profits made by Jim as a result of the title included in Lot 2 are to be paid to Sharky Financial Services and will not count toward repayment of the loan. Once the debt is paid off, Jim will continue to transfer 10% of any income generated as a result of the title provided by Lot 2 until either party ceases to exist, as thanks for aiding Jim in achieving his dream.

Postscript: Jim does not intend for you to take on the entirety of the initial costs. If a deal is accepted, Jim's funds will be transferred to Sharky Financial Services prior to the placement of Sharky Financial Services' bid in Jim's name.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

If all your money is put into this title, how do you intend to make money to repay the loan?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

~24 hours.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go away eS get out of me business

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

@Man of Paper: Ordinarily, I'd let you suck eggs for trying to take my rightful office from me.  But I am a man of compassion, and see that this dream means so much to you.  So instead of borrowing money, why not just pay me to withdraw my bid?  For half a guinea, I'll withdraw my bid.
NEVERMIND, TIS ALSO ILLEGAL!

Don't see a link to the Discord anywhere.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't see a link to the Discord anywhere.
Ah, sorry. It's in one of the turn updates, but I'll add it to the OP as well. https://discord.gg/EbuWUQJeeR

E: Oh, and you can't withdraw the winning bid.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 08:57:23 am by NUKE9.13 »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Lazy Jack's Investco (click to show/hide)

@Man of Paper, or anyone else really: Should I win the bid for Commodore, I'll offer the following title: "Honorary Dogsbody of the Royal Navy". The title comes with no military responsibilities or privileges, but The Commodore may relay reports of pirate activity- on any sea- from naval intelligence to you, thus potentially giving advance knowledge of ships struck by pirates. It is also, of course, a great honour to schlep for your betters.

Probably go with bidding, but guineas only as Royal Favour is not transferable except when dealing directly with the Crown (another of those pesky rules).

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@ManOfPaper
I would need to see a solid business case to give you a loan under those conditions. As it is, I don't think you would be able to repay and the only asset you would have is one that by definition isn't able to provide adequate return.

@Everyone
Would anyone be interested in a small time partnership for an open source wool invention? I would be willing to put up to 2 wool in it. For the sake of developing the wool industry and increasing price and profit.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 71