Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 45117 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

paid.

Spoiler: happy crab llc assets (click to show/hide)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

My share comes to 0.32Gn.
and The Canadian kitten's is also 0.24 (sell a sand to get the money)
Spoiler:  Aywanez Enterprises (click to show/hide)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My share comes to 0.32Gn.
and The Canadian kitten's is also 0.24 (sell a sand to get the money)
Spoiler:  Aywanez Enterprises (click to show/hide)

I'll cover his fee for the moment so we dont have to worry about the turn.  TCK can pay me back when they're next online.

Spoiler: happy crab llc (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 12:23:09 pm by evictedSaint »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Nordeland, agree to provide the ship Enterprise with a navigator to guide them to Nordeland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of .8 guineas.
This sum is to be paid upfront. Stealing the charts of the navigator or otherwise extorting proprietary information is to be considered against this contract and liable to incur a fee of 5 guineas.
- on behalf of the Enterprise, Aywanez Enterprises
- Sharky's financial ventures

happy sailing. And even this turn, a ship shall say to wool. If we can keep this rhytm, the trade will be quite profitable for a while, with good stability on prices.

Also @Es: I resent the notion that I am playing this as a cookie clicker. Not only I am not even engaging with the "clicker" mechanic ( which is buying ships and sending them places) unlike you, but I am also not following the path of greater profit for the sake of unique playstyle and of making the rest of the game work smoother by redistributing resources to those who most need them

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

tbh I don't have a quarrel with you, andrea.  egan already gave away the enterprise shares, I wanted to have some fun with them - thus the rhetoric.  you're a cool dude, it's fine.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guessed that, not actually angry or annoyed. But I was at work during that whole giving shares thing and couldn't banter then.

Pls, Sharky's needs to keep our outstanding reputation. We use that to work, unlike mere traders who just point their ships somewhere random and get coins from the sky.

edit: by the way, I also feel a1s was the best candidate. I probably would have sold to him anyway, but I would have liked a seat at the table to try drawing a ship contract which doesn't cause deadlocks like those that happened.
But getting the shares or not, I get paid regardless.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 04:11:40 pm by andrea »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT: Change Enterprise destination to Norderland.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mid Winter, Y1
TURNTURNTURN
Spoiler: Actions processed (click to show/hide)

The fully repaired Warrick and Nsailor head south, whilst the Enterprise becomes the first ever ship to change destination, and heads north instead.
[2 Guineas spent on repairing the Warrick]

The Market is well stocked with Sand, with the price again declining by a hair. Glassblowers, now confident that their industry has room to grow, begin construction of new workshops and warehouses, ensuring demand will increase in the future.
[19 Sand Sold]

Dotty accepts two more donations, though she expresses exasperation at the now tied direction vote. She will pick a direction at random if the vote remains tied. Aywanez Enterprises and Lazy Jack's Investco receive due recognition from the Crown for their contributions.
[Aywanez Enterprises and Lazy Jack's Investco receive 2 Royal Favour each]

A coastal barge went missing this month, but these things happen. They aren't as well built as modern trade ships, you know.

The Jolly Crustacean returns from the south, but more excitingly, the Woolritter emerges from the north- unharmed, in good time, and jam-packed with bundles of off-white sheep residue.

PRICES
Sand   - 0.33 Guineas per unit (-0.01)
Wool   - 0.85 Guineas per unit (+0)
Ships  - 10 Guineas each (+0)

DESTINATIONS
Nearsouthlands - 2 Month round trip, yields Sand | Public charts
Norderland     - 3 Month round trip, yields Wool | Exclusive charts

SHIPS
Jolly Crustacean       - Returned end of Mid Winter Y1 with 10 units of Sand. Intending to depart for Nearsouthlands in beginning Late Winter Y1
Warrick                - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Mid Winter Y1, expected to return end of Late Winter Y1
Nearsouth Nsailor      - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Mid Winter Y1, expected to return end of Late Winter Y1
Enterprise             - Departed for Norderland in beginning Mid Winter Y1, expected to return end of Early Spring Y2
Woolritter             - Returned end of Mid Winter Y1 with 10 units of Wool. Intending to depart for Norderland in beginning Late Winter Y1
Magierin               - Departed for Norderland in beginning Early Winter Y1, expected to return end of Late Winter Y1

OTHER OFFERINGS
Dorothy Horsegame, Explorer: Seeks donations and direction votes. 1 Guinea votes East, 1 Guinea votes West, 1 Guinea is unspecified. 1 turns remaining.

NOT A MECHANIC BUT WORTH KNOWING: Optional Discord. Whilst gameplay is entirely confined to the forum, you may want to banter about the game with other players, in which case the Discord server may be to your liking.

ALSO I SHOULD CLARIFY: If Dorothy Horsegame sails North, she will not rediscover a route to Norderland, she will sail further north to a new destination.

Long Live United Forenia!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT: Sell 3 Sand for 0.99 Guineas.

I'm willing to buy up to two shares of the Nearsouth Nsailor for a whole guinea each, if anyone is willing to sell them.

Spoiler: Powder and Partner (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 01:18:13 pm by Powder Miner »

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile

VVT:

ACTACTACT: Sell 3 Wool for 2.55 Gunieas, with .255 Gunieas going to Flabort, and 1.02 going to a1s.

A1SA1SA1S: Pay an additional 2.98 to satisfy the first half of the buyback contract. Additionally, purchase 6 VVT shares at .3 each for a total of 1.8 gunieas.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FOXFOXFOX
[/s]
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 02:59:40 pm by TheFantasticMsFox »

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

Spoiler:  Willco Ventures (click to show/hide)

ActActAct: Sell 7 units of wool for 5.95, Donate 1 Guineas to Dorothy Horsegame to go East.

@Andrew: How much is navigator this trip now and write up paying for infront contract one?.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 02:59:14 pm by flazeo25 »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

I can not accept this. For 0.5975/share I would just sell you your shares, no questions asked. So...

FOXFOXFOX: Aywanez Enterprises gifts the remaining 2 shares to Vixen Volume Trading. Our contract is now complete.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Flabort on the other hand owes me some money. 0.1Gn outstanding and an additional 0.05 next turn. If this debt isn't paid, I will repossess the VVT shares I gave you.

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile

VVT:
It is appreciated.

ACTACTACT: Sell 3 Wool for 2.55 Gunieas, with .255 Gunieas going to Flabort, and 1.02 going to a1s.

A1SA1SA1S: Pay an additional 2.98 to satisfy the first half of the buyback contract. Additionally, purchase 6 VVT shares at .3 each for a total of 1.8 gunieas.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FOXFOXFOX

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Considering rumors of rising sand price, I have decided to lower the fee to 0.8 guineas. Usual discounts apply, so with advance payment it would be 0.6.

Note that beyond this point, discounts may start to disappear as we hit a floor. But we are not there yet.

We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Norderland, agree to provide the ship Woolritter with a navigator to guide them to Nordeland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of .6 guineas.
This sum is to be paid upfront. Stealing the charts of the navigator or otherwise extorting proprietary information is to be considered against this contract and liable to incur a fee of 5 guineas.
- Sharky's financial ventures
-
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 71