Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 45206 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TCK, you have some sand now according to nuke on discord.
To clarify, I asked Fox to mention this because it isn't really my job to keep track of how much sand someone has, and I don't want to give the impression that I can be relied upon to do so.
Also, I don't think I've mentioned it at all, but there is a 100% optional Discord if you want to banter about the game. Here.

ACTACTACT: Donate 1 Guineas to Aywanez Enterprises, sign the contract
I don't need to know this. a1s is another player, so trade between you is unregulated. Also, it isn't a donation, it's an investment; conventionally a contract is signed by actually copying the contract and adding the name of your company to the list of signatures; and Tric is lying through their teeth, donating to Dorothy will not generate any direct revenue.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 11:45:27 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile

I'm giving away my 2 shares in the Enterprise to whoever gives the best reason why I should give it to them.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I proved to be a good manager of assets and I have a vested interest in making the Enterprise sail to nee destinations, acting as a further incentive for good management.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

I have been with the Enterprise since the very beginning, and have demonstrated a (frankly unhealthy amount of) interest in its travels. Andrea will only turn around and sell the shares anyway, whereas I would cherish them.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interesting. Any other opinions?

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

Interesting. Any other opinions?

I have been a consistent, reliable player who has been careful to avoid incurring debt.  I've paid for the damages to the Clarisse, I haven't tried to swindle or take advantage of anyone, and I have been making a special effort to make this game fun and enjoyable for everyone.

Plus, I'm the only player with a pet crab, so you know I'm responsible.

(His name is Citizen Snips, by the way :) )

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

Once I get my money back in Spring I'll give you some of it.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You have been trying to swindle the GM into doing needless extensions Es

I too Perform an important function in the game by reallocating capital where it is most needed.
As such even if I am unlikely to keep the shares for long after fixing the contract and improving management, I will just like too find a worthy successor.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Andrea is just seeing money signs when you offer the shares.  I plan on having some lovely role play with it.  Happy Crab LLC is probably the only company that's not playing the game as a cookie clicker.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 06:48:22 am by evictedSaint »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright then, a1 or kashyyk. Vague promises of helpfulness for the ship, or vague promises of bribes? Let's flip a coin!

The coin says a1!

Okay, transferring 2 shares in the Enterprise to a1s now. Have fun with 'em!

Happy Crab LLC is probably the only company that's not playing the game as a cookie clicker.

Considering what I'm currently doing, this reads as an insult to my playstyle. No shares for you!
And spoiler your memes

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Thanks Egan_BW! :D

Ok, so this passes:
We the undersigned owners of the ship 'Enterprise' agree to add the following amendment to the Ship Contract:
"Any costs associated with travelling of a route shall be borne by all participants in proportion to their share of the ship."
- Aywanez Enterprises
- Happy Crab LLC
- Random Trading Company
Now let's change the destination to Norderlands. I'd also prefer to pay in advance.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Read it as an insult if you'd like to feel insulted, nbd. A1s is a good choice.

And spoiler your memes

I most certainly will not.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Nordeland, agree to provide the ship Enterprise with a navigator to guide them to Nordeland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of .8 guineas.
This sum is to be paid upfront. Stealing the charts of the navigator or otherwise extorting proprietary information is to be considered against this contract and liable to incur a fee of 5 guineas.
- on behalf of the Enterprise, Aywanez Enterprises

this suggests that my fellow merchants are on board (please correct me if I'm no longer right):
Agree to have the destination changed, when we get the charts.
In the meantime, you should solicit my fellow investors in the Enterprise; if they agree, I'll agree as well.
I, of course, also agree.

Spoiler:  Aywanez Enterprises (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 11:37:38 am by a1s »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Nordeland, agree to provide the ship Enterprise with a navigator to guide them to Nordeland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of .8 guineas.
This sum is to be paid upfront. Stealing the charts of the navigator or otherwise extorting proprietary information is to be considered against this contract and liable to incur a fee of .5 guineas.
- on behalf of the Enterprise, Aywanez Enterprises

this suggests that my fellow merchants are on board (please correct me if I'm no longer right):
Agree to have the destination changed, when we get the charts.
In the meantime, you should solicit my fellow investors in the Enterprise; if they agree, I'll agree as well.
I, of course, also agree.

Spoiler:  Aywanez Enterprises (click to show/hide)

I trust a1s's judgement, they're a decent folk.  How much did I owe?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

30% of 0.8 is 0.24gn
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 71