Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 45226 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But if you want to go bankrupt,. I could provide a truly predatory and impossible to repay loan.
Intentionally going bankrupt this way would count as abusing the system, and land you in debtor’s prison. FYI.
Long Live United Forenia!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

eS, if you lend me Guineas, I'll vote with you. Want crab themes, I'm on board.

That would leave 2.7 left. The Fox has 1.56 I might be able to get via loan. So 1.14 left.

Where is Egan? Does he have something?
flabort also has money, don't forget about them.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are they going to loan it though? I was more talking about him giving kitten a .1 loan for .2 payment after the Enterprise returns, and paying their own .2 cost for the 1G.

Which still hasn't been done yet. This has the benefit of upping the amount to 70%, after which I'd have no issue making it 100%. Main reason I want out of the contract to make my own ship is that we can't even put 1G together. And if it isn't done, we are sailing for Nearsouthlands by default.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 01:30:47 pm by TricMagic »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And if it isn't done, we are sailing for Nearsouthlands by default.
No you aren't. The destination is set as Norderland, and Andrea hasn't objected to it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Late Summer, Year 1
« Reply #349 on: April 15, 2021, 01:50:31 pm »

Propose a Change in destination to the Norderland. If RTC agrees, that's 60%. Same if ER EEHC and AE/or new party agree.
Propose a Change in destination to the Warrick to set sail for the Norderland. Sand is set to plummet in price soon.

Quote from: Ship Contract
We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Enterprise' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Nearsouthlands until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the Enterprise's cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Repairing the ship will be carried out through the use of a "repair fund". Owning shares obligates the owner to pay that percentage of the missing sum to fully repair the ship. Failure to pay into the "repair fund" will lead to those shares being auctioned off, and the money being put into the "repair fund". Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the Enterprise. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Enterprise to be in agreement.

- Aywanez Enterprises - 2 Guineas
- Random Trading Company - 3 Guineas
- Emerald Robin EEHC - 2 Guineas
- Bathtub Corsairs - 3 Guineas

Agree to have the destination changed, when we get the charts.

This is when the contract was signed. Since we don't have the charts in hand yet, it should still be Nearsouthlands. a1s changed it directly to Norderland when they bought the ship. As of now only AE and RTC agree on the Norderlands, 10% off of what is needed for a destination change. I only agreed on the change when/if we got the charts. So a1s changed it in defiance of the contract itself. Until Egan supports the change, it's Nearsouthlands.

I could try and call a1s out on the sudden shift, but I won't. Just note Egan does need to pitch in to change the destination right now.
Actually will call out, the contract I signed stated the Nearsouthlands, not the Norderlands. We need the charts before I'm willing to change the destination. Or once again, for Egan to agree to change it. But note there is nothing in this contract of payment for charts, and to change it requires everyone's approval. So I could argue that only the one's agreeing will pay the cost on return, getting off scot free. Be very corsair of me.

No charts means no destination. Though right now it's just if the 1G isn't paid, I'm not paying or changing destination.

a1s changed the destination listed in the contract right before buying. What would that be legally called?(I'm curious.)

I'm not all that happy if you can't tell. .2G for 3 wool doesn't isn't the greatest profit margin compared to 1G for 10 Wool. The market will end up dropping the price after the first shipment.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 01:58:59 pm by TricMagic »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Late Summer, Year 1
« Reply #350 on: April 15, 2021, 02:25:48 pm »

I mean, you are confusing yourself with The Canadian Kitten, which is baffling, but the point stands. Technically the destination should still be the Nearsouthlands, as TCK's approval was conditional.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Anrea, do we have the charts yet?  :P

a1s changed it directly to Norderland when they bought the ship. As of now only AE and RTC agree on the Norderlands
I did, since we took a vote on your proposal and had 80% agreement out of the necessary 60%. But I suppose we didn't sign anything to that effect.

Speaking of signing something:

We the undersigned owners of the ship 'Enterprise' agree to add the following amendment to the Ship Contract:
"Any costs associated with travelling of a route shall be borne by all participants in proportion to their share of the ship."
- Aywanez Enterprises
-
-
-
I need everyone to sign this, or it doesn't take effect.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

Wool very profitable for now since, 2 trades normally earn you the money you invested back, but 2 of wool but get 1.5 of your investment, that's also assuming price drops to 0.8 for second return,

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, not signing that a1s. I kinda dont want this contract but I'm locked into it. for all I care, the shark can take the ship as payment if no one is willing to pay.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 03:03:35 pm by TricMagic »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Quote from: VVT stock rebuying contract
Aywanez Enterprises agrees to sell Vixen Volume Trading shares back to Vixen Volume Trading for no more than 0.3Gn a share at a time of Vixen Volume Trading's choosing, but not before Aywanez Enterprises earns at least 4Gn of income from Vixen Volume Trading.
In exchange Vixen Volume Trading agrees not to donate money to the crown or transfer it to other players or sign contracts with other players without Aywanez Enterprises' approval. Ship buying contacts shall be specifically exempt from this limitation.
The preceding clause becomes void immediately once Aywanez Enterprises no longer holds shares of Vixen Volume Trading.
This contract may be modified or dissolved only by agreement of both parties
- Aywanez Enterprises
-
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 03:24:39 pm by a1s »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, not signing that a1s. I kinda dont want this contract but I'm locked into it. for all I care, the shark can take the ship as payment if no one is willing to pay.
You are not locked in. You can sell your shares if you really want out. Grow up.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

You absolutely can assemble your own ship this turn, tric.  People are willing to sell, buy, and loan to you.  It's less than a third of a guinea you're losing here.  In the scheme of what you're spending, that's less than 3%. 

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[/quote]

I don't particularly care how you organize internally. But I will need a contract signed. Can be signed by any one of you, or all of you or whatever you want. But understand that legally the ones who signs the license contract will ultimately be responsible for paying, in case money fails to arrive and I have to take action.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't particularly care how you organize internally. But I will need a contract signed. Can be signed by any one of you, or all of you or whatever you want. But understand that legally the ones who signs the license contract will ultimately be responsible for paying, in case money fails to arrive and I have to take action.
Hmm. In that case, the Enterprise cannot sail to Norderland until such a contract is signed (I'm taking the above post as Andrea objecting). So, uh, try to figure that out ASAP, cos this turn's gone on long enough (ideally I'd like to update in <11 hours, but I could give an additional 12 hours if absolutely necessary).

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile

Gods, I should never have invested in a ship, this is all nonsense.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 71