Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 45262 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kinda runs into the problem of you needing to take a loan from andrea, which you then buy the shares, which results in andrea not having the money to make the loan. So same issue.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

Youd need a much smaller loan if you sold your clarisse shares.  I believe Andrea did some math that works things out in your favor?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you sell the shares to other ships as you originally planned, it will work.

0.58 + 5(from sales) + 2.7( from Enterprise)+2.75 loan should be 11.07. enough for ship and navigator.

That leaves me free to loan 2 to powder to buy your shares.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the short term, not the long term.

They are effectively buying them from me on the enterprise, something I don't think they could have done originally. I will not undervalue them. Make no mistake Corsairs are nastier than a whirlpool in a hurricane.

That and I'd much rather take the loan directly onto me. Likely at a higher interest rate due to increased danger.

The main thing is that shares are valuable for the goods they bring in. Under-valuing them is a no sell. Likewise with mixed ships exists the opportunity to spread the cost of damage.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 04:16:39 pm by TricMagic »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

I know you hate me right now, but I would totally be willing to lend you 0.4gn at 10%, if you need it.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to need a calculator soon, but noted.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One thing to note PM, Nsailor Shares are likely to become more valuable than Clarisse Shares with your bid. Any ships you have a hand in will be golden tickets to warm sands. Likewise if BFE paid off their loan, ships they support will also have more valuable shares, much more at the moment.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

The Baron role isn't really all that likely to provide me much in the way of value short-term. There's better knowledge about ship damage, but that's about all I can think of being relevant for the next couple of turns - mind, that is valuable, but I think not so much as to change the calculus on the Nsailor right now in a meaningful way.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I made a backup of the google spreadsheet with lists, and enabled editing.

Contract so far are only up to turn 2, as I later got distracted with other things. Will try to continue tomorrow.

Nuke, feel free to put the link in OP, so that everyone in this wonderful realm can enjoy this free resource for the good and prosperity of all.

Now, I shall sleep. Hopefully tomorrow we will find a solution.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 04:28:04 pm by andrea »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

eS, if you lend me Guineas, I'll vote with you. Want crab themes, I'm on board.

That would leave 2.7 left. The Fox has 1.56 I might be able to get via loan. So 1.14 left.

Where is Egan? Does he have something?

I could also go bankrupt a1s. I wonder how that would effect this contract, given I could no longer pay for it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't actually use Egan in this scenario due to them being part of the holdup. Intentional Bankruptcy it is then. a1s, never try n' swindle a Corsair. (yes, the does count as blackmail and money laundering. why do you ask?)

To add to it.

Well, that woun't work properly since you could just take a loan. Which causes the same issues.

I have just done something evil by the way. Sorry in advance if it works out.

NUKENUKENUKE, can we get an extension. This isn't mafia, so I've sent a letter(PM) to Iridium about things. If he shows up, he can pay off his loan and take back the chart, which kind of screws a few people over. At least the ones who don't share a ship with them.  :D
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 04:53:47 pm by TricMagic »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile

My eyes glazed over like, a page and a half ago.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

I'm willing to buy your Clarisse shares, nothing more, nothing less.  If you want to "convert" your Clarisse shares to the Enterprise, you could sell them to me now and get your money back, essentially. 

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NUKENUKENUKE, can we get an extension.
Sure can. For future reference, you can get my attention by using bold, you don’t need the NUKENUKENUKE thing.
Anyway, yeah. I’ll add 24 hours to the timer, making the total 38 hours or sommat.

PS: You can’t just declare bankruptcy. And even if you did, it wouldn’t refund already funded obligations.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 11:46:26 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But if you want to go bankrupt,. I could provide a truly predatory and impossible to repay loan.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 71