Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 45217 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nuke, can we try and chart our own voyage to Nordeland without the charts?

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

ANDREAANDREAANDREA: Same interest or slightly higher amount % and term length fine if trade chart can be worked in for 2.4 guineas loan.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

LOT1BID: 3.55 Guineas

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the future, it may be possible for players to commission their own explorer ships, in which case you would be able to send such a vessel to Norderland. However, regular trade ships are not equipped for sailing into the unknown.

Besides, even if you don't want to pay the price of access to Norderland, there will be more explorers, and more destinations.

Also, note spelling. Norderland, not Nordeland.
Long Live United Forenia!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the future, it may be possible for players to commission their own explorer ships, in which case you would be able to send such a vessel to Norderland. However, regular trade ships are not equipped for sailing into the unknown.

Besides, even if you don't want to pay the price of access to Norderland, there will be more explorers, and more destinations.

Also, note spelling. Norderland, not Nordeland.
K. Would still like to know what I need to make a Hot Sand Bath. (Expensive Trinkets are nice shows of wealth.)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

K. Would still like to know what I need to make a Hot Sand Bath. (Expensive Trinkets are nice shows of wealth.)
Inventions are not implemented yet, but give it some time. The Motherlands is a hub of ingenuity, I'll have you know. How else would they have all these fancy ships?

That said, if you just want to hoard sand and call it a sand bath, you do you.
Long Live United Forenia!

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Late Summer, Year 1
« Reply #246 on: April 12, 2021, 01:16:00 pm »

Propose a Change in destination to the Norderland. If RTC agrees, that's 60%. Same if ER EEHC and AE/or new party agree.
Propose a Change in destination to the Warrick to set sail for the Norderland. Sand is set to plummet in price soon.

Quote from: Ship Contract
We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Enterprise' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Nearsouthlands until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the Enterprise's cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Repairing the ship will be carried out through the use of a "repair fund". Owning shares obligates the owner to pay that percentage of the missing sum to fully repair the ship. Failure to pay into the "repair fund" will lead to those shares being auctioned off, and the money being put into the "repair fund". Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the Enterprise. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Enterprise to be in agreement.

- Aywanez Enterprises - 2 Guineas
- Random Trading Company - 3 Guineas
- Emerald Robin EEHC - 2 Guineas
- Bathtub Corsairs - 3 Guineas

Agree to have the destination changed, when we get the charts.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ladies and gentlemen and businesspeople, as you may have heard Sharky's financial ventures, at great expense, managed to uncover a safe route to a new trade location, called Nordeland. A trip there and back lasts a mere 3 months across a calm and safe sea, allowing a reasonable trade route to be established. They like the trinkets we produce in our homeland, and in exchange they are willing to give us an exotic fiber they grow on animals which they call wool. Estimated from the samples we brought back suggest that a ship load of wool would fetch at current prices 8.5 guineas, being twice as valuable as sand.
Twice as valuable, but only 50% more time required. As you can see, greater profits lie ahead especially with saturated sand markets. Lets put that in numbers.
We estimate that sand price will hover around 0.4 per unit. Meanwhile, at least the first load of wool will get a price per unit of 0.85 guineas. Considering the travel times and that a ship carries 10 units, that means 2 per turn average profit for a ship trading sand and 2.8 per turn average profit trading wool. over the course of a single journey a ship trading wool will earn an incredible 2.5 guineas more than a ship trading sand, more than a 40% increase in profit.
We offer this opportunity to the nation to tap into those huge profits, however as we incurred significant costs we need to ask for a contribution to share the charts. We shall use a model in which money is paid per trip to gain access to the charts, as a flat fee. As usual I will consider the nature of trade and allow you to pay after a few months, so that you can use the profit of the journey itself to pay. I will periodically adjust the fee based on sand and wool prices in order to guarantee a great and steady profit for you, but I will note that this first trip with a completely new commodity is likely to be the most profitable ever to this destination. To account for that, I will admittedly charge more at this time, 1.2 guineas per ship per trip. Discounts are available for advance payment; to those in good standing; ships which will be funded this turn with significant loans from me; or ships which pursue longer terms agreements such as an annual lease. In the future, You should expect the fee to aim at 40% of the extra profit above sand, although as initial expenses are recouped this share is likely to decrease.

I shall post a sample standard agreement, while the exceptions ntoed above can be negotiated case by case.
I will note: considering that wool price is unlikely to change in the next three months and sand price is likely to crater, renting those charts will still allow your ship to get 20% more guineas than sand will.

Quote from:  Nordeland leasing agreement
We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Nordeland, agree to provide the ship X with a navigator to guide them to Nordeland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of 1.2 guineas.
This sum is to be paid no later than the date of return of the ship or 2 months beyond the expected date of return in case it is delayed or missing, whichever happens earlier. Stealing the charts of the navigator or otherwise extorting proprietary information is to be considered against this contract and liable to incur a fee of 5 guineas.

@Flazeo
Will evaluate your loan and chart rent proposal soon (leaving for dinner now)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

LOT1BID: 3.6 Guineas

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We, the undersigned Sharky's financial services, agree to receive 2 guineas from the undersigned company, Rock's firm.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 5% of the initial sum to be paid monthly. Failure to pay interests and provide the full initial sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value. Rock's firm is allowed to withdraw any sum up to the entire amount with a warning of 3 months (note: this includes the turn the request is made, 2 full turns after, then the sum is given the 4th turn.)

In consideration of the cyclical nature of trade, it is agreed that interest payments can be suspended for up to 3 months. The amount due will still need to be released either immediately or spread across the remaining duration of the contract. No further suspension can be awarded until there is no longer outstanding suspended interest.

Signed:
-Sharky's financial services
-Rock's firm

Spoiler: Rock's firm (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 01:56:35 pm by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

@andrea

Seems reasonable to me.  I'd agree to charter the Clarisse for this contract, when it returns next turn.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wonder what would happen if no-one paid for a navigator?

@andrea

Seems reasonable to me.  I'd agree to charter the Clarisse for this contract, when it returns next turn.
It is, but I still don't like it, damage or losing the ship leaves us at a negative. 60% would need to agree for it. It would totally be worth it if someone had their own ship, but we have it split into pieces.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

i'd hope your ship isn't split into pieces, it wouldn't be very good at sailing

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Late Summer, Year 1
« Reply #253 on: April 12, 2021, 01:52:05 pm »

Propose a Change in destination to the Norderland. If RTC agrees, that's 60%. Same if ER EEHC and AE/or new party agree.
Agree in principle
Agree to have the destination changed, when we get the charts.

Quote from: Ship Contract
We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Enterprise' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Norderland until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the Enterprise's cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Repairing the ship will be carried out through the use of a "repair fund". Owning shares obligates the owner to pay that percentage of the missing sum to fully repair the ship. Failure to pay into the "repair fund" will lead to those shares being auctioned off, and the money being put into the "repair fund". Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the Enterprise. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Enterprise to be in agreement.

- Aywanez Enterprises - 2 Guineas
- Random Trading Company - 3 Guineas
- Emerald Robin EEHC - 2 Guineas
- Bathtub Corsairs - 3 Guineas

ACTACTACT: Commission the ship "Enterprise"

Quote from:  Nordeland leasing agreement
We, Sharky's financial services as holders of the charts to Nordeland, agree to provide the ship X with a navigator to guide them to Nordeland for one back and forth journey, at a cost of 1.2 guineas.
This sum is to be paid no later than the date of return of the ship or 2 months beyond the expected date of return in case it is delayed or missing, whichever happens earlier. Stealing the charts of the navigator or otherwise extorting proprietary information is to be considered against this contract and liable to incur a fee of 5 guineas.
How much of a discount will you give us, if we pay up front?

Spoiler:  Aywanez Enterprises (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 02:02:17 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Discount list:

-Advance payment (paying in full at the beginning of the trip) : 0.2
-Loans taken (the same turn) to purchase the ship in question: 0.2 every 3 guineas loan
-Bank favours: 0.2 each favour spent

It is in theory possible for somebody to pay just 0.2 guineas for the charts this turn, if flazeo takes a 9 guinea loan (which in turn requires m1895 to re-deposit his money), spends his favour and decides to pay in advance.
Needless to say, I don't expect that to happen, although it would be interesting to see.

@Flazeo
I currently have 5.5 guineas available to loan.  might become more depending on further deposits or loan repayments (if no loan repayments happen, I will definitely have more next turn).
That said if 2.4 is all you want, I will consider you eligible for the loan discount anyway to the charts, even if you don't hit the threshold (this doesn't cost a favour. Good will and actual mechanical bank favours are separate things)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 71