Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 45151 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Mid Autumn, Year 1
« Reply #195 on: April 11, 2021, 02:01:50 am »

24 hours to update, unless there are objections. I figure there ain’t much happening this turn- but feel free to correct me.
Long Live United Forenia!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 11, 2021, 03:34:44 am »

24 hours to update, unless there are objections. I figure there ain’t much happening this turn- but feel free to correct me.
i object

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 11, 2021, 04:00:32 am »

i object
Tough. You objected last time, then didn't do anything with the extra time.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 11, 2021, 04:17:57 am »

i didn't realize that was a requirement

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 11, 2021, 02:44:46 pm »

I wonder if we can get another ship going?
Fox has money, Random just joined so they're flush, a lot of people have unsold sand.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures!
« Reply #200 on: April 11, 2021, 02:58:14 pm »

Quote from: Ship Contract
We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Enterprise' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Nearsouthlands until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the Enterprise's cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Repairing the ship will be carried out through the use of a "repair fund". Owning shares obligates the owner to pay that percentage of the missing sum to fully repair the ship. Failure to pay into the "repair fund" will lead to those shares being auctioned off, and the money being put into the "repair fund". Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the Enterprise. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Enterprise to be in agreement.

- Aywanez Enterprises - 1 Guineas

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 11, 2021, 03:09:32 pm »

Don't forget loans. I have at least 3 guineas available.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures!
« Reply #202 on: April 11, 2021, 06:45:35 pm »

We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Enterprise' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Nearsouthlands until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the Enterprise's cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Repairing the ship will be carried out through the use of a "repair fund". Owning shares obligates the owner to pay that percentage of the missing sum to fully repair the ship. Failure to pay into the "repair fund" will lead to those shares being auctioned off, and the money being put into the "repair fund". Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the Enterprise. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Enterprise to be in agreement.

- Random Trading Company - 3 Guineas

Spoiler: Random Trading Company (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 11, 2021, 06:56:22 pm »

- Random Trading Company - 3 Guineas
- Emerald Robin EEHC - 2 Guineas

bote

LOT1BID: 1 Royal Favor

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 12, 2021, 02:03:39 am »

Mid Autumn, Y1
TURNTURNTURN
Spoiler: Actions processed (click to show/hide)

Ship departs.

Despite the flow of Sand into dockside warehouses, the Market sees none. Novelty sand jars go out of stock. Glassblowers shut down production. Builders rethink their plans to use sand as a foundation material. It begins to occur to some that maybe this whole 'unregulated capitalism' thing has its downsides. An official petition is submitted to the Crown, asking for assistance in the Sand market. In the meantime, the price does rise in response to the scarcity.

Exciting news! A thoroughly bedraggled Blind Goat limps into the harbour. The captain, now sporting a peg leg, disembarks triumphantly. He exclaims that he has finally, after many months, discovered a route to the nation of Norderland! The details of the charts are unfortunately top-secret, available only to his generous donors. But a crew member confesses that it is actually a pretty simple route over calm seas, and that the only reason it took them so long is that Odysseus managed to get them shipwrecked no less than three times- including once because he made everyone wear blindfolds to avoid the gaze of a fearsome gorgon, which he later admitted was probably just a seal chewing on seaweed.
Anyway. Norderland is a relatively short distance to the north of the Motherlands, and covers a series of hilly, windswept islands, inhabited by dour natives with presumably fascinating cultural traditions that lead them to prefer everything in grey. Odysseus claims that the land is covered in "sheep". Sheep are kind of like goats, but they are fuzzier and better behaved. The natives of the Norderlands remove the wool from their sheep on a regular basis, and use it to make all sorts of things, like ugly socks, ugly scarves, ugly sweaters- okay, mainly ugly clothing. But I'm sure that Motherlands ingenuity can find other uses for it. And as it happens, the natives are happy to fill our ships to the brim with bundles of wool in exchange for cheap knick-knacks.
The market is excited by the prospect of this exotic new fabric, and brokers anticipate an initial price of 0.85 Guineas per unit.

The auction for the title "Baron of the Nearsouthlands" now stands at a high bid of 1 guinea (effectively). The coming month is the last chance to acquire this prestigious title! What else is money for?

Ships arrive.

PRICES
Sand   - 0.43 Guineas per unit (+0.05)
Wool   - 0.85 Guineas per unit (New!)
Ships  - 10 Guineas each (+0)

DESTINATIONS
Nearsouthlands - 2 Month round trip, yields Sand | Public charts
Norderland     - 3 Month round trip, yields Wool | Exclusive charts

SHIPS
Clarisse               - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Mid Autumn Y1, expected to return end of Late Autumn Y1 
Warrick                - Returned end of Mid Autumn Y1 with 10 units of Sand. Intending to depart for Nearsouthlands in beginning Late Autumn Y1
Nearsouth Nsailor      - Returned end of Mid Autumn Y1 with 10 units of Sand. Intending to depart for Nearsouthlands in beginning Late Autumn Y1
Blind Goat (Explorer)  - Returned Mid Autumn Y1 with charts to Norderland

OTHER OFFERINGS
Royal Auction: "Baron of the Nearsouthlands" (LOT1BID), 1 turns remaining

NEW MECHANIC: Destinations! With multiple destinations to choose from, you can now redirect ships to alternate routes (or acquire new ships headed that direction). This should be announced with ACTx3, stating both the name of the ship and the new destination. Ships will continue to ply the route given until redirected or damaged. Note that some routes have Exclusive Charts, meaning only those with access to said charts can send ships that way. It is up to the owner(s) of the charts how to handle this- sell them, rent them, hoard them, fold them into origami cranes and set them on fire, it's all cool. Lazy Fair!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Late Summer, Year 1
« Reply #205 on: April 12, 2021, 02:15:23 am »

IT IS TIME
ACTACTACT: Powder and Partner sells all 6 sand for 2.58 Guineas.
LOT1BID: 1.03 Guineas
Spoiler: Powder and Partner (click to show/hide)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Late Summer, Year 1
« Reply #206 on: April 12, 2021, 03:09:12 am »

LOT1BID: 1.03 Guineas
Increments of 0.05 Guineas, please. Don't want to get into a bid war where folks are raising each other by 0.00001gn at a time.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

LOT1BID: 1.05 Guineas
Wanted to make my guinea count round lol

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile

Spoiler:  Willco Ventures (click to show/hide)

ACTACTACT:Sell all 6 sand for 2.58 Guineas.

LOT1BID: 1.10 Guineas

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Autumn, Year 1
« Reply #209 on: April 12, 2021, 06:11:19 am »

ACTACTACT: sell 6 sand for 2.58

Spoiler:  Aywanez Enterprises (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 71