Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 44972 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Summer, Year 1
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2021, 01:31:16 pm »

Will there always be "early bird" favor from donations?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Summer, Year 1
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2021, 02:00:48 pm »

Will there always be "early bird" favor from donations?
Not necessarily. The Crown's whims are somewhat unpredictable- although consider the fact that the Crown is represented by a person (the Queen), and she will take into account the context of events before doling out Favour. You can of course try to trick the Crown- Lazy Fair, after all-, but you can also expect the Crown to be unhappy if they detect said trickery, much as an actual person might.
Long Live United Forenia!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Mid Summer, Year 1
« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2021, 02:25:08 pm »

W8

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 31, 2021, 02:35:42 pm »

Turn 4 to 5 VVT: Wait.

As to the ongoing contract with BC, VVT is willing to grant an extension for a further turn, and possibly future turns, though it does wish for the contract to be held to the 1 Guniea payment.

Edit: An option that VVT has just considered is that BC may repay its loan with two units of sand, and the contract will be considered completed satisfactorily.

FOXFOXFOX
VVT_T4_A
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 02:38:09 pm by TheFantasticMsFox »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 31, 2021, 02:35:50 pm »

Be careful about overcorrecting for flooding - if the sand supply completely dries up, it is possible that demand also does so. In any event, I'm actually more worried about flooding happening later when (if) the other two ships come back, especially if people are holding their sales until then. I would suggest now would be an okay time to sell, really.

ACTACTACT: Powder and Partner sells its 3 Sand for 1.35 Guineas.

Spoiler: Powder and Partner (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2021, 03:08:18 pm »

Turn 4 to 5 VVT: Wait.

As to the ongoing contract with BC, VVT is willing to grant an extension for a further turn, and possibly future turns, though it does wish for the contract to be held to the 1 Guniea payment.

Edit: An option that VVT has just considered is that BC may repay its loan with two units of sand, and the contract will be considered completed satisfactorily.

FOXFOXFOX
VVT_T4_A
It shall be paid in full as soon as 1 Guineas can be gathered. Whether that be when the market rises or the other shipment comes in, the first guineas is for the loan repayment.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2021, 01:03:40 pm »

I reckon I'll update in about 24 hours, unless anyone feels that more time would be useful. Speaking of which, if you feel I'm updating too frequently (like, if you feel rushed), let me know. I'm not sure what the right balance is between a brisk pace and giving folks time to negotiate deals with each other.

Also, it hasn't come up, but I should've mentioned already: Royal Favour can not be traded amongst players (almost everything else can be).

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Late Spring, Year 1
« Reply #127 on: April 01, 2021, 02:14:00 pm »

A completely nondescript individual, servant of some guild official or another, shows up at the doorstep of Sharky Financial services with a completely unique contract.

@AndreaAndreaAndrea:
We, the undersigned Sharky financial services and Meister Nagant, agree to the following:

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to receive 3 guineas from the undersigned, Meister Nagant.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 4.5% of the current outstanding value, to be paid added to the existing amount. This investment will continue in perpetuity, however, Meister Nagant may deposit additional funds at any time. With three months notice, Meister Nagant may withdraw funds from the investment. This waiting period may be waived with the agreement of both parties. Failure to provide the sum will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.

Signed,
- Meister Nagant
-

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
The Servant appears again, slightly more insistent this time.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 01, 2021, 03:18:31 pm »

Well, if sharky doesn't want the money, I'll take it.
We, the undersigned Aywanez Enterprises and Meister Nagant, agree to the following:

We, the undersigned Aywanez Enterprises, agree to receive 3 guineas from the undersigned, Meister Nagant.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 4.5% of the current outstanding value, to be paid added to the existing amount. This investment will continue in perpetuity, however, Meister Nagant may deposit additional funds at any time. With three months notice, Meister Nagant may withdraw funds from the investment. This waiting period may be waived with the agreement of both parties. Failure to provide the sum will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.

Signed,
- Aywanez Enterprises
-
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 01, 2021, 03:37:13 pm »

@AndreaAndreaAndrea:
We, the undersigned Sharky financial services and Meister Nagant, agree to the following:

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to receive 3 guineas from the undersigned, Meister Nagant.

Signed,
- Meister Nagant
-Sharky's financial services

Right. Sorry, been busy. Was planning to accept it this turn.

By the way, I am liquid again and willing to loan. Keep that in mind when time comes to repair or replace.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 02:51:26 pm by andrea »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 01, 2021, 09:14:29 pm »

I'm willing to purchase 2 shares of the Clarisse for 2 Guineas, if anyone wants to offload some shares of the delayed (sunk?) ship at cost.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2021, 01:02:43 pm »

Mid Summer, Y1
TURNTURNTURN
Spoiler: Actions processed (click to show/hide)

Heedless of the peril that befell her compatriots, the Nearsouth Nsailor sets off southwards once more. Surely the Clarisse and Warrick have used up the bad luck on the route for the foreseeable future!

Sand trickles into the Market, but the Market expected more. Buyers compete for the available sand, and the price rises. Some people accuse shipowners of withholding sand to intentionally drive up prices, but what sort of monsters would do such a thing?
[3 Sand sold]

As the month draws to an end, sails are spotted in the south. As they near, lookouts recognise the Clarisse- looking a little worse for wear, what with a gash on the side that looks like it has barely been patched over. The captain explains as he steps onto the dock: Blinded by a sandstorm whilst returning to the Motherlands, the ship struck a reef. They managed to beach the ship on a nearby island, where they patched the hull- though it took some time to do so, and also to get the ship back into the water afterwards. Miraculously, none of the precious cargo was lost during the entire kerfuffle.
[The Clarisse is badly damaged, and will cost 3 Guineas to fully repair. 1 Guinea is the minimum needed to let her sail again]

The Warrick is nowhere to be seen, still. 

PRICES
Sand   - 0.5 Guineas per unit (+0.05)
Ships  - 10 Guineas each (+0)

DESTINATIONS
Nearsouthlands - 2 Month round trip, yields Sand

SHIPS
Clarisse               - Returned end of Mid Summer Y1 with 10 units of Sand. Damaged: 1-3 Guineas
Warrick                - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Late Spring Y1, was expected to return end of Early Summer Y1. Missing
Nearsouth Nsailor      - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Mid Summer Y1, expected to return end of Late Summer Y1
Blind Goat (Explorer)  - Departed North in Early Summer Y1. Expected return: No later than Mid Winter Y1

NEW MECHANIC: Damaged Ships. A ship that suffers damage on a voyage will need fixing. There are two repair costs given: full repair, and minimum repair (a lightly damaged ship may have a minimum repair cost of 0). Full repair will leave a ship good as new. Minimum repairs will allow a ship to sail again, but she will be at a higher risk of sinking. The owner(s) of a ship must decide how much of the repair costs to pay (in increments of 1 Guinea). It is possible to leave a ship damaged, in which case she will sit in the docks until fixed. Figure out how to pay for the repairs, then announce how much is being paid tagged with ACTx3 (even if it is 0). A damaged ship will not automatically resume its previous route until a decision is made regarding repairs.

MECHANIC I SHOULD'VE MENTIONED EARLIER: Royal Favour. Royal Favour is granted to a particular company by the Crown as a recognition of their services. Royal Favour can not be traded between players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Late Summer, Year 1
« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2021, 02:04:55 pm »

To any buyers, I couldn't sell the sand do to loans. However I now have enough to do so.

ACTACTACT: Sell all five units of Sand. 1 Guineas is given to VVT to repay the loan. 0.9 Guineas put towards fully repairing the Clarise. Shareholders are urged to put forth their own, or forfeit their shares in the contract. (Those with 2 shares need to pay .5 each, those with 3 1 each.)

Spoiler: Bathtub Corsairs (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 07:26:11 am by TricMagic »

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2021, 02:36:19 pm »

Spoiler:  Willco Ventures (click to show/hide)

ActActAct: Sell 2U of Sand, for 1 Guinea and pay 0.6 Guinea to repair of Clarisse.

Pay off interest for this turn and next turn debt at 0.6 Guinea
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 05:26:17 am by flazeo25 »

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2021, 03:11:28 pm »

Turn 5 to 6 VVT: Wait.

FOXFOXFOX
VVT_T5_A

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 71