Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 44888 times)

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2021, 02:43:44 pm »

Vixen Volume Trading

ACTACTACT: VVT would like to deposit its entire 3 Guineas into the coffers of Sharky financial services based on the following contract:

Quote from: Deposit Contract Turn 0 VVT-SFS
We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to receive 3 guineas to the undersigned company, Vixen Volume Trading.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 5% of the initial sum. Failure to pay interests and provide the full initial sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.

In consideration of the cyclical nature of trade, it is agreed that interest payments can be suspended for up to 3 months. The amount due will still need to be released either immediately or spread across the remaining duration of the contract. No further suspension can be awarded until there is no longer outstanding suspended interest.

Signed:
Vixen Volume Trading

Some wording has been changed to better reflect it being a deposit. 

Spoiler: Vixen Volume Trading (click to show/hide)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2021, 03:13:41 pm »

ACTACTACT: VVT would like to deposit its entire 3 Guineas into the coffers of Sharky financial services based on the following contract:
I don't need to know that. ACTACTACT is supposed to help me find actions I need to process (so I can ctrl-f and cycle through them).
Long Live United Forenia!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2021, 03:24:52 pm »

Quote from: Ship Contract
We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Warrick' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Nearsouthlands until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the Warrick's cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Owning shares will also obligate the owner to pay at least that percentage of all repair costs necessary. Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the Warrick. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Warrick to be in agreement.

-Wilco Ventures -  1 or 4(If Loan approved) Guineas
-Aywanez Enterprises - 2 Guineas
-Rock's Firm - 3 Guinaes

Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2021, 03:32:47 pm »

FOXFOXFOX: Sharky's financial services accepts the following contract proposed by VVT

Quote from: Deposit Contract Turn 0 VVT-SFS
We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to receive 3 guineas to the undersigned company, Vixen Volume Trading.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 5% of the initial sum. Failure to pay interests and provide the full initial sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.

In consideration of the cyclical nature of trade, it is agreed that interest payments can be suspended for up to 3 months. The amount due will still need to be released either immediately or spread across the remaining duration of the contract. No further suspension can be awarded until there is no longer outstanding suspended interest.

Signed:
Vixen Volume Trading
Sharky's financial services

I will, however, note that the contract features no fixed end date, nor any withdrawal condition. Upon a literal reading, the clause stating "Failure to [...] provide the full initial sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value." has no condition in which it would apply. While I would be happy to keep your money indefinitely and only pay interest, while making an honest effort to return the initial sum when needed, you may wish to amend the contract later.

Now, Sharky's is flush with cash, enough to buy the majority of a ship!
Now, my interest rates may seem high but compared to the trade profits, they pale. Assuming a ship can carry 10 sand, each guinea spent on that pays 0.5 every 2 months, or 0.25 per month averaged. Compared to a paltry 0.1 per month of interest, the return on borrowed guineas is nothing less than astounding. Come one, come all! get your money at a modest price.

Wilco Ventures: I see that in your proposed ship contract you state the desire to get a loan. Your business plan is sound, So I would be happy to oblige. The terms I wrote in the contract sample earlier can be considered pre-approved (10%, 6 months, 3 months interest suspension clause) . Are those suitable for you, or would you like some customization?

I have a total of 6 guineas available for loans, however I would like to avoid loaning more than 3 to a single company. Of course, I could be convinced otherwise with favourable terms.

Here is a signed contract, if you want to accept it as is.

Quote from: loan
We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to transfer 3 guineas to the undersigned company, Wilco Ventures.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 10% of the initial sum. The initial sum will need to be repaid in full after 6 month. Failure to pay interests or to provide the full initial sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.
In consideration of the cyclical nature of trade, it is agreed that interest payments can be suspended for up to 3 months. The amount due will still need to be paid either immediately or spread across the rest of the loan. No further suspension can be awarded until there is no longer outstanding suspended interest.

Signed:

« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 03:37:07 pm by andrea »

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2021, 03:39:57 pm »

We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Warrick' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Nearsouthlands until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the Warrick's cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Owning shares will also obligate the owner to pay at least that percentage of all repair costs necessary. Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the Warrick. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Warrick to be in agreement.

-Wilco Ventures -  1 or 4(If Loan approved) Guineas

I see, I'd like to take out a loan of 7 Guineas. How would I go about doing that? Could I ask each of the local businesses for a loan of 1 Guinea?

Sure, I will give you a Guinea if you pay me back 2 Guineas in 8 turns, no messy interest payments. I will draw up a contract if you're into this arrangement.

Spoiler:  Aywanez Enterprises (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Junk & Crap Inc. (click to show/hide)

We here at J&C Inc. await the contract. We agree to such terms however how about 1 Guinea in four turns then another after four turns after?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 03:42:05 pm by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2021, 12:17:32 am »

-Wilco Ventures -  4 Guineas
-Rock's Firm - 3 Guinaes

We at Wilco Ventures agree to loan

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to transfer 3 guineas to the undersigned company, Wilco Ventures.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 10% of the initial sum. The initial sum will need to be repaid in full after 6 month. Failure to pay interests or to provide the full initial sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.
In consideration of the cyclical nature of trade, it is agreed that interest payments can be suspended for up to 3 months. The amount due will still need to be paid either immediately or spread across the rest of the loan. No further suspension can be awarded until there is no longer outstanding suspended interest.

Signed:
Wilco Ventures

Spoiler:  Willco Ventures (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 04:19:19 am by flazeo25 »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2021, 02:09:04 am »

How embarassing, I actually forgot to sign it yesterday. It is done now.

Signed:
Wilco Venture
Sharky's financial services

Still 3 guineas available for loans.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2021, 07:40:35 am »

Aywanez Enterprises, agrees to transfer 1 (one) guineas to the undersigned company, Junk & Crap Inc.
The initial sum will need to be repaid in full after 4 (four) months. An additional Guinea will be paid after an additional 4 (four) months (for a total of eight).  Failure to pay will cause expropriation of assets of at least equal value.

Signed:
Aywanez Enterprises.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2021, 01:05:45 pm »

Still 3 guineas available for loans.
Nothing says laissez-faire more then unnecessary loans, Rock's Firm ( I should really think of a better name) want to lend 1 guinea to ensure the 'Warrick' is funded by the end of the month, but we would request the ability to delay the repayment in case the ship sinks, We are willing to pay higher interest for this.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2021, 01:20:23 pm »

Standard terms are 10% monthly, 6 months, with up to 3 months of interest suspension.
I could write a contract that allows you to extend the loan for further 6 months at the end in case of inability to repay, at an higher interest rate (say, 15%. should still be enough to let you at least break even on sand even with a significant price drop. Plus, this is a contingency)
Of course, renewing is also possible at normal rates if you are solvent.

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to transfer 1 guineas to the undersigned company, Rock's firm.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 10% of the initial sum. The initial sum will need to be repaid in full after 6 month. In case repayment isn't possible, the loan is automatically extended for
a further 6 months, at a monthly interest of 15%. Failure to pay interests or to provide the full initial sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.
In consideration of the cyclical nature of trade, it is agreed that interest payments can be suspended for up to 3 months. The amount due will still need to be paid either immediately or spread across the rest of the loan. Upon forced renewal of the contract, an additional month of interest suspension is granted, for a total of 4.

Signed:
-Sharky's financial serices
-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 01:33:51 pm by andrea »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2021, 01:28:14 pm »

Just FYI, I will be processing the turn tomorrow morning (my time- so something like 13 hours from now). I might consider an extension if there is great demand for one, but I would like to get moving.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2021, 05:18:06 pm »

We, the undersigned Sharky financial services, agree to transfer 1 guineas to the undersigned company, Rock's firm.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 10% of the initial sum. The initial sum will need to be repaid in full after 6 month. In case repayment isn't possible, the loan is automatically extended for
a further 6 months, at a monthly interest of 15%. Failure to pay interests or to provide the full initial sum at the end will cause expropriation of assets for at least equal value.
In consideration of the cyclical nature of trade, it is agreed that interest payments can be suspended for up to 3 months. The amount due will still need to be paid either immediately or spread across the rest of the loan. Upon forced renewal of the contract, an additional month of interest suspension is granted, for a total of 4.

Signed:
-Sharky's financial serices
-Rock's Firm

-Wilco Ventures -  4 Guineas
-Rock's Firm - 4 Guinaes
ACTACTACT: On behalf of the shareholders, I buy a new ship named 'Warrick', ", which will initially sail the Nearsouthlands trade route
Spoiler: Rock's Firm (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 05:21:04 pm by Rockeater »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2021, 01:31:50 am »

Early Spring, Y1
TURNTURNTURN
With great fanfare and spectacle, the first new ships launch from the recently opened shipbuilding district. The Queen officially dubs the first "Clarisse", and gives her royal blessing to the maiden voyage south. The "Warrick" follows soon after, joining Clarisse in sailing over the horizon.

The price of Sand holds steady, as buyers patiently await the bounty surely soon arriving in the dock. The shipyards eagerly await requests for more ships.

PRICES
Sand    - 0.5 Guineas per unit (+0)
Ships   - 10 Guineas each (+0)

DESTINATIONS
Nearsouthlands - 2 Month round trip, yields Sand

SHIPS
Clarisse  - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Early Spring Y1, expected to return end of Mid Spring Y1
Warrick   - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Early Spring Y1, expected to return end of Mid Spring Y1

NEW MECHANIC: Waiting for ships to return.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 01:33:46 am by NUKE9.13 »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Mid Spring, Year 1
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2021, 02:23:22 am »

wait

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater