Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 45043 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Come back to the table once you have your own ship with which to sail the route.
If that is all that's stopping you, I can promise not to let anyone else sail on my ships.
While it has been my strategy so far to spread my eggs into many baskets, I can make a ship entirely my own (might take out a loan, but by the time van Pillar returns probably wont have to)

By nature that completely ruins the planned actions, as you'd have free shipping. Therefore Andrea can't really sell many charts.
You're undercutting your own monopoly here- the more charts Andrea sells the lower the price of the goods will be.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Perfectly reasonable edits. The 3 month warning makes it easier to plan for stable(r) pricing, actually.

We, Bathtub Corsair, delegate the managing of any exclusive charts resulting from Ludvig von Pillar's expedition to Sharky's financial ventures, which will be able to lease them as they see fit in terms of prices, subscription models and caps on the following conditions:

a) Bathtub corsairs will be exempt from any fee and be able to adjust their personal ship cap per month with a 3 month warning in advance.
b) for each chart sold (or equivalent) Sharky's financial ventures shall transfer Bathtub Corsairs 0.1 guineas per 1 guineas price.(rounded down, minimum 0.1 guineas)
-Sharky's financial ventures
-

Transfer 1 guinea to Bathtub corsairs

Thanks. And disrupting your planning would be disruptive. Better to have stability so you can sell more charters.
4.99. Going to need quite a loan next turn for a new ship. That's fine though.

Spoiler: Bathtub Corsairs (click to show/hide)

I'm not going for monopoly though, I get .1gn per charting. Sure Andrea gets most of the profits, but that's more to loan and use, which results in more ships. And MTEC manager. I'm more concerned with not paying the price and letting Andrea keep things stable. You need only look at Wool's price to see his ability to manage a market.

And really, being able to send my ships on the first outing easily makes it worth it. I can get ahead on the inventions. Which means a free prototype, and being able to sell one-time licenses.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 05:32:11 pm by TricMagic »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

"First United Sandbank is now offering short term loans, until loan funds are exhausted.  Currently at the same rate as Sharky financial services, since their lack of lend-able funding means we don't have to offer a discount.  As their ability to lend increases, we can engage in true market warfare."

Spoiler: Lazy Jack's Investco (click to show/hide)

Quote from: from: Standard Six Certificate of Deposit
We, the undersigned First United Sandbank, agree to receive X guineas to the undersigned company, Y.
This amount will incur into a monthly interest of 6% of the initial sum.  It shall be held for exactly six (6) months, and automatically rolls over if request is not received for its withdraw prior to the expiry of the 6 month term.  It can not be withdrawn outside of these terms, so plan carefully!

Signed:
-First United Sandbank
-

Quote from: from: Standard 2 month Business Loan
We, the undersigned First United Sandbank, agree to transfer 1 guineas to the undersigned company, x, for an exact period of time of 2 months, at which 1.2 guineas will become due and payable immediately.  Failure to pay on time will cause the amount to accrue interest at 10% of the owed amount for each month that the amount remains unpaid.

Signed:
-First United Sandbank
-

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A reminder we still have cash. Though this is one crazed bidding war.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT: Bid 10.5 guineas.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You don't have 10.5 last I checked. Also you are likely to end up with disfavor from us at this rate.

Showcase your numbers a1s. This looks to be you bidding beyond your own means, which is a show of bad faith.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 07:26:13 am by TricMagic »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Sign the contract if you want a loan, a1

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

You don't have 10.5 last I checked.
I have a loan lined up, and I have assets to sell if that is withdrawn. The point is, I can do this all day, just give up.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You cannot pay me in hypothetical Guineas. And taking out a loan at the last minute to afford a bid placed earlier will still trigger the bid-sniping rule.
While it is not strictly against the rules this time, I would highly discourage placing bids beyond your means with the thought that you will only take out the loan to afford it if your bid wins.
Long Live United Forenia!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Very well, I will sign the paperwork now, so we all know I have the guineas.

Quote from: from: Standard 2 month Business Loan
We, the undersigned First United Sandbank, agree to transfer 1 guineas to the undersigned company, x, for an exact period of time of 2 months, at which 1.2 guineas will become due and payable immediately.  Failure to pay on time will cause the amount to accrue interest at 10% of the owed amount for each month that the amount remains unpaid.

Signed:
- First United Sandbank
- Aywanez Enterprises

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Andrea? (Given the price is actually a ship at this point. Kinda need to pull out. But do need to pay back the gn. So have AE do it.)

ACTACTACT: 11 guineas. You have thoroughly burned any bridges that hypothetically existed..

Quote from: A Corsair's 2 month Business Loan
We, the undersigned Bathtub Corsairs, agree to transfer 0.5 guineas to the undersigned company, Aywanez Enterprises, for an exact period of time of 2 months, at which 1 guineas will become due and payable immediately.  If unpaid Bathtub Corsairs shall seize 1 owned share from Aywanez Enterprises.

In addition, at the conclusion of this signing we shall then transfer 1 guineas to Sharky's Financial Services. Bathtub Corsiars will also withdraw from further bidding for the exploration charts this turn.

Signed:
- Bathtub Corsairs
-
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 08:59:08 am by TricMagic »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Andrea? (Given the price is actually a ship at this point. Kinda need to pull out. But do need to pay back the gn. So have AE do it.)

ACTACTACT: 11 guineas. You have thoroughly burned any bridges that hypothetically existed..

Quote from: A Corsair's 2 month Business Loan
We, the undersigned Bathtub Corsairs, agree to transfer 0.5 guineas to the undersigned company, Aywanez Enterprises, for an exact period of time of 2 months, at which 1 guineas will become due and payable immediately.  If unpaid Bathtub Corsairs shall seize 1 owned share from Aywanez Enterprises.

In addition, at the conclusion of this signing we shall then transfer 1 guineas to Sharky's Financial Services. Bathtub Corsiars will also withdraw from further bidding for the exploration charts this turn.

Signed:
- Bathtub Corsairs
-

I don't understand what you said:
a) are you pulling out or bidding 11?
b) what's up with this contract? I don't need 0.5 guineas...

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you sign it, I won't bid anymore. Allowing you to make a last bid. Or you can decide not to, and lose the bid. This is corsair, we're petty.

You can't beat me without another loan, you're full in at this point. And even with more loans, you still can't beat me. But this is my stopping point.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 09:40:11 am by TricMagic »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Either way, half a guinea doesn't help me.
Quote from: from: Standard 2 month Bond
We, the undersigned _______, agree to transfer 0.5 guineas to the undersigned company, Aywanez Enterprises, for an exact period of time of 2 months, at which 0.6 guineas will become due and payable immediately. If unpaid _______ shall seize 1 owned share from Aywanez Enterprises (of _______'s choice).

Signed:
- Aywanez Enterprises
-
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 09:53:56 am by a1s »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will ruin you a1s. You are going to need a lot of loans for this.

Also, it does? You have enough to make the two guineas leap. You sold sand for .8, and had .2 before. So .5 is all you need.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 09:49:41 am by TricMagic »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 71