Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 45039 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First things first: As long as Tric's offer stands, I'll happily cover any extra he needs to pay to beat your offer free of charge, because it is incredibly good for me. You don't have the resources to outbid me, you certainly don't have the resources to outbid him, and nobody has the resources to outbid both.

that said, while Tric's offer is incredibly good, there is room for a more expansive and fair partnership. I am working on a draft contract, although I still need to cover a few chapters regarding stock issuing and expedition costs, maybe responsibilities of members and CEO, etc.

Here is the draft:
This document creates the company named “Motherland Trade and Exploration Company”. The company shall be divided in 100 shares, each worth 0.25 guineas. Those shares are to be issued with the express purpose of gathering 20 guineas and 5 royal favours, with each favour valued as 1 guinea for the purpose of share purchases.
The mission of the company will be to:

a)   Explore new routes, by funding existing explorers and by chartering a caravel for exploration use.
b)   Utilize the exclusive charts given to secure profits for the company and its shareholders.
c)   Seek to keep markets at a stable and profitable level by judicious use of the exclusive charts

In this first round of equity sales, 40 shares will be issued, for a total of 10 guineas, to be used to bid on Luther van Pillar.

Revenue from the company shall be retained by the company treasury; at the beginning of every season the company shall distribute 50% of the revenue gained in the previous seasons to shareholders, equally to their share in the company. The remaining part will stay within the company for use in further investments. The share of revenue belonging to unowned shares of the company will stay within the company. Shareholders can, with a majority vote, decide to withdraw money from the company treasury, which will be divided equally to the share in the company, this time not including unowned shares.

The company shall elect a CEO to carry on the operations of the companies including price setting and contract signing. The CEO shall be paid at the beginning of every season in the measure of 10% of the revenue generated the previous season. This payment happens before the dividend described in the previous section. Decisions of the CEO can be overturned by a 65% vote and likewise replacing the CEO requires a 65% majority.

The reason for the limited initial issue is that currently we don't have the favour to buy an exploration license and in any case launching so close to Ludvig would be a waste. There is only so much exploration the market can bear, waiting a couple of turns would only be healthy, so there is no reason to lock funds in there for this time.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Very well, I would like to purchase 8 shares of "Motherland Trade and Exploration Company" for 2 royal favor
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A 3 way partnership could work. 
That said, I need to finish the contracts and we need Tric's opinion.
Also, need to write things such as it doesn't actually count as transfering favour but as pledging it, since NUKE is picky about that

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not interested in it at this time. The point of this particular bid is to secure the right to sail it near-exclusively without cost. However this contract wouldn't generate revenue in that case.

The idea of gathering shares for the exploration of other routes is a good one. Just not for this case of exclusive rights.

I can go up farther on my bid a1s. Please don't make me?

Of note, Favor doesn't work for this first case of buying shares anyway. This contract works well for new trade routes though, but it will likely run into public domain, resulting in the creation of public trade routes.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, not like you can right now. ACTACTACT 9gn. Barring someone outbidding this, this is where it will likely stand.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

The point of this particular bid is to secure the right to sail it near-exclusively without cost.
That's what I'm offering, and I will sign a contract to that effect. You and me will sail this route and no one else.

Regardless of the outcome of this particular bid, MTEC sounds like a good idea and I would love to be part of it. I fully intend to pledge money too, it's just tied up at the moment.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He literally can't outbid you now.

Anyway, if you still plan to offer to hire me to manage the charts at the conditions you outlines (you get free sailing, I pay you 0.1 per chart sold), I will happily contribute the extra guinea you had to pay to win the auction.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, checked their funds. And I am planning to hire you to manage all this. You know your numbers.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I am definitely interested to found MTEC and decoupling it from those charts should actually simplify things.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT: sell 2 sand for 0.82. Bid 9.5 guineas.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... ACTACTACT bid 10gn. I asked to stop. No takebacks on that sand selling.
 Why do you want it so much? Andrea, care to draw up the hiring contract?
Spoiler: Bathtub Corsairs (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 04:48:21 pm by TricMagic »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

I asked to stop.
Then why won't you agree to a 50-50 split?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks good?

We, Bathtub Corsair, delegate the managing of any exclusive charts resulting from Ludvig von Pillar's expedition to Sharky's financial ventures, which will be able to lease them as they see fit in terms of prices, subscription models and caps on the following conditions:

a) Bathtub corsairs will be exempt from any fee and cap
b) for each chart sold (or equivalent) Sharky's financial ventures shall transfer Bathtub corsairs 0.1 guineas.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By nature that completely ruins the planned actions, as you'd have free shipping. Therefore Andrea can't really sell many charts. The profits from that would be cut too, even if you let him handle it. You will pay for the chart like anyone else, and the bid will eventually be repaid. If two people are allowed free rein, then no profits from Andrea managing it are likely to be made. Come back to the table once you have your own ship with which to sail the route. That's kinda a big thing with such an offer. Can't have others getting the valuable trade route off of your back. Another thing that cuts apart any profits one could make by chartering it.

We, Bathtub Corsair, delegate the managing of any exclusive charts resulting from Ludvig von Pillar's expedition to Sharky's financial ventures, which will be able to lease them as they see fit in terms of prices, subscription models and caps on the following conditions:

a) Bathtub corsairs will be exempt from any fee and be able to adjust their personal ship cap per month with a 3 month warning in advance.
b) for each chart sold (or equivalent) Sharky's financial ventures shall transfer Bathtub Corsairs 0.1 guineas per 1 guineas price.(rounded down, minimum 0.1 guineas)

Few edits. Outside the first voyage where I'd want to send multiple ships, (depending on how many I have at the time but no more than 3), I'll usually stick to the one ship on the route. After the first ones are sent in the 2-3 turn period, it will default to 1. So that's the three moth warning.

Also would like the 1gn input for this. Or something equivalent. *a1s driving up the price..*

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Perfectly reasonable edits. The 3 month warning makes it easier to plan for stable(r) pricing, actually.

a) Bathtub corsairs will be exempt from any fee and be able to adjust their personal ship cap per month with a 3 month warning in advance.
b) for each chart sold (or equivalent) Sharky's financial ventures shall transfer Bathtub Corsairs 0.1 guineas per 1 guineas price.(rounded down, minimum 0.1 guineas)
-Sharky's financial ventures
-

Transfer 1 guinea to Bathtub corsairs
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 71