Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 44963 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Late Summer, Year 1
« Reply #150 on: April 05, 2021, 07:55:31 pm »

If BFE forfeits, then everyone else gets 0.25 per stock they already own of the Clarisse.  This amounts to an additional 0.06 Guineas in damage fees per 0.25 stock gained.

For Happy Crab, we would gain 0.75 stocks and will pay 0.18 Guineas for our portion of the damages. 

Anyone who is uninterested in gaining additional stocks/damage fees on the Clarisse, Happy Crab is willing to absorb your portion at market value (1 Guinea per stock, minus the damage fee (so we'd pay 0.19 Guineas per 0.25 stock)).

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 06, 2021, 07:42:08 am »

If BFE forfeits, then everyone else gets 0.25 per stock they already own of the Clarisse.  This amounts to an additional 0.06 Guineas in damage fees per 0.25 stock gained.

For Happy Crab, we would gain 0.75 stocks and will pay 0.18 Guineas for our portion of the damages. 

Anyone who is uninterested in gaining additional stocks/damage fees on the Clarisse, Happy Crab is willing to absorb your portion at market value (1 Guinea per stock, minus the damage fee (so we'd pay 0.19 Guineas per 0.25 stock)).
Stop making everything decimal already, is my contract not sufficient for padding? How am I supposed to parse that?

Beyond which, Nuke doesn't do 'in case of' actions. So a contract is needed in case of defaulting. And it prevents division and depreciation of the Guineas.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 07:43:54 am by TricMagic »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 06, 2021, 08:55:39 am »

Stop making everything decimal already, is my contract not sufficient for padding? How am I supposed to parse that?

Beyond which, Nuke doesn't do 'in case of' actions. So a contract is needed in case of defaulting. And it prevents division and depreciation of the Guineas.

https://youtu.be/bq4SGw_L-c4

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 06, 2021, 12:50:55 pm »

Figuring that a new busines partner (on the Nsailor) immediately defaulting out of shares would be a bad thing, probably, maybe:
ACTACTACT: Powder and Partner will front the 0.6 Guineas needed for Blue Fish Enterprise's share of the Clarisse's repair, although it would request that this be paid back when Blue Fish Enterprises next tabulates its accounts.

Spoiler: Powder and Partner (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 02:38:12 pm by Powder Miner »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 06, 2021, 02:11:17 pm »

Late Summer, Y1
TURNTURNTURN
Spoiler: Actions processed (click to show/hide)

The shareholders (and maybe some other people) fork out enough to fix the Clarisse good as new. You can barely even tell she was damaged. This done, she loads up with trinkets and sets off southwards once more.
[3g spent on repairs to the Clarisse]

Sand flows into the market again, causing prices to decline. In addition, a famous playwright mocks the sand fad in his latest play (forsooth, 'tis but small rocks!), which leads to a further decline in price.
[12 Sand sold]

The Crown is not in financial trouble. How dare you suggest such a thing. However, on the advice of her ministers, the Queen has decided to auction off a noble title to the highest bidder: "Baron of the Nearsouthlands". Friends of the Crown will receive special consideration in the auction, although cash is also accepted. The auction will last until the end of Autumn.
The prestigious title will entitle the bearer to receive regular private updates on the state of the Nearsouthlands, acquired by royal sources. This will usually be of little interest, but may sometimes give advance warning of troubled ships or other financially relevant events.
[Tag bids with LOT1BID. See bottom of post for more details]

No, the Motherlands don't rule the Nearsouthlands, why do you ask?

It is surely to the relief of all onlookers when the Warrick slides into the harbour, soon followed by the Nearsouth Nsailor. The crew of the Warrick tell a wild tale of being caught in a storm on their way to the Nearsouthlands, and swept away as it moved east. When they finally escaped the storm, they found themselves in unfamiliar waters, with no idea as to how far off course they had been blown. They eventually found their way to their destination after several weeks of cautious navigation, and were able to load up on Sand and return the usual route.

PRICES
Sand   - 0.4 Guineas per unit (-0.1)
Ships  - 10 Guineas each (+0)

DESTINATIONS
Nearsouthlands - 2 Month round trip, yields Sand

SHIPS
Clarisse               - Departed for Nearsouthlands in beginning Late Summer Y1, expected to return end of Early Autumn Y1
Warrick                - Returned end of Late Summer Y1 with 10 units of Sand. Intending to depart for Nearsouthlands in beginning Early Autumn Y1
Nearsouth Nsailor      - Returned end of Late Summer Y1 with 10 units of Sand. Intending to depart for Nearsouthlands in beginning Early Autumn Y1
Blind Goat (Explorer)  - Departed North in Early Summer Y1. Expected return: No later than Mid Winter Y1

OTHER OFFERINGS
Royal Auction: "Baron of the Nearsouthlands" (LOT1BID), 3 turns remaining

NEW MECHANIC: Royal Auction. The Crown will, at times, start an auction for a particular item. The duration of an auction may vary, and will be announced at the start. To bid on the item, follow these rules:
   -Tag the bid with LOT[X]BID, where [X] is the lot number. Eg, "LOT0BID: 1 Royal Favour + 1.05 Guineas"
   -You can spend both Guineas and Royal Favour in a Royal Auction. The standard exchange rate is 1 Royal Favour counts as 1 Guinea.
   -Guineas can only be spent in increments of 0.05
   -Royal Favour can only be spent in increments of 1
   -Only bids in unedited posts are valid
Note: Royal Favour can not be earned during a Royal Auction. Any actions that would normally earn Royal Favour will yield the Favour rewards after the Auction ends.

NEW MECHANIC: Noble Titles. The Crown may grant a company owner a noble title. This title is obviously very prestigious, and you really shouldn't need any other reason to want one, but titles may also come with mechanical bonuses. A title may be traded between players if desired, but the transfer of the title should be tagged with ACTx3, since I need to know who owns it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 02:15:39 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 06, 2021, 02:21:06 pm »

ACTACTACT Take my share of two Sand and Sell 1 for .4 Guineas. This brings me back up to a full Guineas, as it should be.
Spoiler: Bathtub Corsairs (click to show/hide)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Autumn, Year 1
« Reply #156 on: April 06, 2021, 02:24:54 pm »

I'm not selling any sand until that pig takes back their quip. (or at least until prices rise a bit)
Spoiler:  Aywanez Enterprises (click to show/hide)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 06, 2021, 02:30:15 pm »

Spoiler:  Willco Ventures (click to show/hide)

ActActAct Sell 4U of Sand @ 0.4 for 1.6 Guineas

Then pay off 3 Guineas debt of SFS, finally clearing their loan, due to paying off this turn interest last turn.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 06, 2021, 03:01:02 pm »

ACTACTACT: Sell 2 units of sand for 0.8 guineas.

Repay 0.6 guineas to Powder and Partner.

Spoiler: Blue Fish Enterprises (click to show/hide)
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 06, 2021, 03:15:27 pm »

Aside from getting its money back with a thankfully remarkably quick turnaround, Powder and Partner waits.

Spoiler: Powder and Partner (click to show/hide)

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 06, 2021, 04:13:33 pm »

Quote from: An Official Notice of Withdrawal
This notice signifies that Meister Nagant wishes to withdraw their investment in full or in part from Sharky's financial services in 3 months time.
@AndreaAndreaAndrea

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 07, 2021, 03:51:02 am »

W8

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Late Spring, Year 1
« Reply #162 on: April 07, 2021, 06:29:18 am »

Repay 1.4 Guinea on interest to Sharky's financial services

What interest can you give me for 2 Guineas, I do want some safer investments
Spoiler: Rock's firm (click to show/hide)
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 07, 2021, 11:31:33 am »

Quote from: An Official Notice of Withdrawal
This notice signifies that Meister Nagant wishes to withdraw their investment in full or in part from Sharky's financial services in 3 months time.
@AndreaAndreaAndrea

Noted. How much do you want to withdraw?

@Rockeater
5% fixed or 4.5% compounding

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 07, 2021, 06:19:12 pm »

5% standard, is there a minimal time before withdraw?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 71