Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 71

Author Topic: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Spring, Year 3 - New investors always welcome!  (Read 44971 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Mid Summer, Year 1
« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2021, 03:19:13 pm »

Having just eaten the lower sell cost probably totally needed to prevent it from cratering altogether I swear, Powder and Partner just waits.

Spoiler: Powder and Partner (click to show/hide)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Late Summer, Year 1
« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2021, 08:43:27 pm »

ACTACTACT sell 3 units of sand, pay 0.9 to repair.

Cash: 2.6
Shares: 3 of Clarisse.

I'm willing to buy out peoples shares of the damaged Clarisse, if anyone is interested in selling.

Fun fact: if you own a share of the Clarisse, you owe 0.3 guineas per share to repair your portion of the damage.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 08:45:55 pm by evictedSaint »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2021, 08:52:28 pm »

ACTACTACT sell 3 units of sand, pay 0.9 to repair.

Cash: 2.6
Shares: 3 of Clarisse.

I'm willing to buy out peoples shares of the damaged Clarisse, if anyone is interested in selling.

Fun fact: if you own a share of the Clarisse, you owe 0.3 guineas per share to repair your portion of the damage.
I have no clue why you like decimals so much. As primary shareholders, aren't we meant to pay the bulk of it? Miser. (Granted, it's just .1 difference, but I like it better since it can be paid by the shares. Wilco, what say you?)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 03, 2021, 05:15:03 am »

Decimals give granularity much needed for complex economical exchanges. I support them entirely.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 03:17:56 pm by andrea »

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 03, 2021, 05:25:53 am »

Gotcha changing to extra.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 03, 2021, 07:28:13 am »

Decimals give granularity much needed for complex economical exchanges. I support them entirely.
I'm not exactly in favor, lazy fair after all. Can you fill a bathtub with half-guineas? No you cannot. Instead you are left with silver and bronze.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 03, 2021, 09:55:12 am »

I'm not exactly in favor, lazy fair after all. Can you fill a bathtub with half-guineas? No you cannot. Instead you are left with silver and bronze.
The currency of the Motherlands is appropriately divided, allowing for smooth financial transactions at all levels of society. 1 Guinea = 12.5 Doubloons. 1 Doubloon = 17 Shillings. 1 Shilling = 169 Pennies.
Maybe stick to fractions of Guineas, actually.
Regardless, there is no need to be afraid of transactions that are not whole-Guinea sized. Mechanically, that is. I won't stop you from stubbornly refusing to pay in anything other than whole Guineas as a personal choice.
Long Live United Forenia!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Early Summer, Year 1
« Reply #142 on: April 03, 2021, 10:12:56 am »

jus keepin my spoiler recent

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures: Lazy Fair | Mid Summer, Year 1
« Reply #143 on: April 03, 2021, 10:41:25 am »

ACTACTACT sell 2 units of sand
Spoiler:  Aywanez Enterprises (click to show/hide)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 03, 2021, 02:28:33 pm »

Ill pay 0.8 guineas for repair so tric can pay the whole amount of 1.0 guineas.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 03:23:47 pm by evictedSaint »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 03, 2021, 02:53:30 pm »

ACTACTACT: pay 0.8 guineas for repair so tric can pay the whole amount of 1.0 guineas.
We're the pirates, not you, If you are paying .9, I'm paying .9. We are contracted to pay according to our shares. The minimum amount. Should I get the shark tank?

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 03, 2021, 07:12:28 pm »

If you insist, then I guess we'll just pay 0.9 guineas.  You've outsmarted me, and your logic is infallible.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 04, 2021, 03:50:02 pm »

I'm fine with 0.6 for my cost of repair.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 05, 2021, 10:10:31 am »

I'm going to process the turn in... 24-to-28 hours, probably. Lazy Fair, but I will mention that currently the Clarisse is not being fully repaired as of this post (2.4 out of 3).
Long Live United Forenia!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures!
« Reply #149 on: April 05, 2021, 10:55:17 am »

Blue Fish Enterprises will also contribute 2 Guineas to the purchasing of the Clarisse.

Quote from: Ship Contract
We, the undersigned private entities, agree to purchase the ship 'Clarisse' to sail the route between the Motherlands and the Nearsouthlands until the ship has sunk or it has been chosen otherwise. Percent shares will be given out to all investors proportional to how much they have invested into the vessel. They can be sold or given away at any time. These shares entitle the holder to a percentage of the Clarisse's cargo as much as the amount of shares that are owned. Owning shares will also obligate the owner to pay at least that percentage of all repair costs necessary. Any executive decisions of the ship, such as changes to the name or destination, require the owners of at least 60% of all shares of the Clarisse. Any modification to this contract requires all shareholders of the Clarisse to be in agreement.

-Wilco Ventures - 2 Guineas
-Blue Fish Enterprises - 2 Guineas

Blue Fish Enterprises, failure to meet your part of the contract will result in forfeiture of your stocks. You have until the end of the business day to reply.

In case of BFE defaulting, I propose we set up a contract to pay .2 Guineas each. The 2 shares will be put in trust and be sold on arrival to market,  the guineas being placed in trust for future repairs or new ships.

Quote from: Contracting Committee
If Blue Fish Enterprises fails to pay their agreed share in the repair of the Clarisse before the deadline, the undersigned parties agree to take on a portion of the cost. BFE will default their shares to the Clarisse, any cargo being sold on arrival to market and placed in holding for repair of and buying of new ships for the undersigned party, to be negotiated in later meetings.

Code: [Select]
1/3 of repair cost for each party shall be paid to make up the remainder of the shares to repair Clarisse.
2 Shares of Goods will be sold at market price on arrival if not withheld by all parties.
These Guineas will be placed in Trust, to be used when repairs are needed and agreed upon by all parties.
 OR shall be used to purchase new ships for the undersigned parties involved, with each party gaining 3 shares and 1 share being placed in Trust under this agreement.

- Bathtub Corsairs
-
-

Yo ho ho, yar har har, we the Bathtub Corsairs shall plunder ye for the hoard!

The contract is clear, if you won't pay, you shall be swept away. Need to keep the ships running after all. (Please go ahead and pay. Shell your sand and pay the repair fee of 0.6 Guineas.)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 71