Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Theshold for cookable seeds  (Read 671 times)

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
Theshold for cookable seeds
« on: March 18, 2021, 08:32:04 pm »

Instead of simply having a given seed enabled or disabled for cooking, instead allow the player to set a threshold beyond which cooking is enabled.

For example: If the threshold is 25, cooking is disabled until there are more than 25 seeds, where upon the excess seeds can be used for cooking.

This is a way of managing seed build up without any micromanagement.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Theshold for cookable seeds
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 05:09:13 pm »

Very good idea. I've occasionally run out of things like rock nuts, beans and rice before, and it can be a pain to reacquire aboveground plants that don't grow on site and aren't available to your civ
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Theshold for cookable seeds
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 05:52:57 pm »

Instead of simply having a given seed enabled or disabled for cooking, instead allow the player to set a threshold beyond which cooking is enabled.

For example: If the threshold is 25, cooking is disabled until there are more than 25 seeds, where upon the excess seeds can be used for cooking.

This is a way of managing seed build up without any micromanagement.

Could this be done dynamically, for exemple not allowing rock nuts if there's less of them than the needed amount to seed every field of quarry bushes?
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."