Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 97

Author Topic: Magic Mafia MM - Game Over: Mafia Wins  (Read 84336 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 4: Power Begets More Power
« Reply #1185 on: March 31, 2021, 03:22:37 am »

Vector: I'm not lying about the rich text editing being weird on the site, btw.

If you want to test the colour-formatting for yourself, for example, try selecting a text colour in the dropdown with Toggle View enabled, and then disable Toggle View. It'll give you the hex code rather than the colour name in the tag. There is a bunch of other weird stuff that happens with it enabled, like phantom line breaks, and sometimes when I remove those it inexplicably makes the text in the next line smaller. I'm not sure how to reproduce the Verdana thing, but pretty much all of these bugs are just me forgetting to disable Toggle View before composing a post.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mean, there are other options. I could be lying, for example, but my theory is that the action was blocked.

This playing dumb by Reverie if they damn well knew that any action on them should be timeshifted is also Sus.

I see what targets me immediately, but it doesn't actually fire until a phase later. This gives me time to use my 1-shot if I need to. I wasn't quite ready to claim the timeshift at that point, but since I wasn't notified that I was targeted, it wasn't relevant. NQT's ability never reached me.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: March 31, 2021, 03:40:52 am »

Well I'm ready to move on.

Anybody want to say anything before lynching Reverie again?

I'm sure we'll have to do this again on Day 5.

I won't argue against being lynched again today, even if being blocked by Secret should also clear me. The only way I could be a wolf in this scenario is if I had an unblockable NK.

How does Secretdorf blocking you clear you if the block would have been delayed a phase and you already claim you got an action out despite his block?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: March 31, 2021, 03:45:45 am »

How does Secretdorf blocking you clear you if the block would have been delayed a phase and you already claim you got an action out despite his block?
Because if I'm a wolf, I'd have to be talking out of my ass somewhere. Given the assumption that you don't believe my roleclaim, all else being equal, I'd have to have an unblockable nightkill.

I'm sure we'll have to do this again on Day 5.
I'm not invincible either.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: March 31, 2021, 07:52:27 am »

Lets lynch reverie. Again.
Anyone wants to claim the pardon?

Btw sorry for the hammer. I thought hammer was at 7 votes and that reverie had only 4 votes.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: March 31, 2021, 08:02:30 am »

Damned with Flavor Rev, that was you messing with the day-night cycle. And FoU transformed Night 2, he couldn't have done the kill. Still, before we throw Reverie into a deep hole(again), let's here from Blue.

Also, claiming your action in advance was not smart Rev, Blue needs to tell us who they tracked.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: March 31, 2021, 08:52:16 am »

If you want to test the colour-formatting for yourself, for example, try selecting a text colour in the dropdown with Toggle View enabled, and then disable Toggle View. It'll give you the hex code rather than the colour name in the tag. There is a bunch of other weird stuff that happens with it enabled, like phantom line breaks, and sometimes when I remove those it inexplicably makes the text in the next line smaller. I'm not sure how to reproduce the Verdana thing, but pretty much all of these bugs are just me forgetting to disable Toggle View before composing a post.

OK. I tried it and can't replicate it, but I'm on a relatively unusual combination of Linux + Firefox and I'm willing to bet that the Verdana thing is based on when you Control+c and Control+v. The two people who got Verdana'ed on your votecount post were the ones who had changed their votes, so this theory would make sense.

So let's ignore that part of the accusation.

EVERYONE: if Reverie kills tonight, I will know (well... modulo any timey-wimey bullshit). So if we have other options, we should explore them. Let's review:

TricMagic - mason
Vector - mason
Jim Groovester - doctor, mechanically inspected by Town Toonyman
Secretdorf - handed out inspects like candy although has been lying low recently

BluarianKnight - medium. we can possibly rule this out as a member of the mafia due to interactions.
Toaster - has mostly been hanging back and boosting people this game; verifiably has not been boosting the scumteam. However, virtually didn't post Yesterday.

Reverie - was pardoned, claims that this is due to someone else's action.

So, here is my feeling about what we need to do for the rest of Today.

- We need to get the tracking claim from BK first.
- If Reverie is scum and is telling the truth about being pardoned, then a townie should be able to verify the claim. If scum and lying, this will look the same as if town and targeted for pardon by the scum.

... We can keep working on this, but we really need to hear from BK first.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: March 31, 2021, 09:26:33 am »

OK. I tried it and can't replicate it, but I'm on a relatively unusual combination of Linux + Firefox and I'm willing to bet that the Verdana thing is based on when you Control+c and Control+v. The two people who got Verdana'ed on your votecount post were the ones who had changed their votes, so this theory would make sense.

So let's ignore that part of the accusation.

EVERYONE: if Reverie kills tonight, I will know (well... modulo any timey-wimey bullshit). So if we have other options, we should explore them. Let's review:

TricMagic - mason
Vector - mason
Jim Groovester - doctor, mechanically inspected by Town Toonyman
Secretdorf - handed out inspects like candy although has been lying low recently

BluarianKnight - medium. we can possibly rule this out as a member of the mafia due to interactions.
Toaster - has mostly been hanging back and boosting people this game; verifiably has not been boosting the scumteam. However, virtually didn't post Yesterday.

Reverie - was pardoned, claims that this is due to someone else's action.

So, here is my feeling about what we need to do for the rest of Today.

- We need to get the tracking claim from BK first.
- If Reverie is scum and is telling the truth about being pardoned, then a townie should be able to verify the claim. If scum and lying, this will look the same as if town and targeted for pardon by the scum.

... We can keep working on this, but we really need to hear from BK first.

You aren't going to like what I've to say, then.

I tracked Vector and Jim today - Vector, I couldn't get your flavortext from my skeletons. As well, Vector did something to Toaster today. Which is strange, because you said you lost your abilities due to Tric, Vector.

As well, Jim did three actions last night - and I couldn't track on who. The fact he's pushing to hammer Rev without even letting me speak sets off alarm bells - but I'm willing to hear out what he did last night, if it's confirmable. Still, three actions is a lot - so that's odd.

Gimme a bit - going to reconvene with deadchat, see what they think.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: March 31, 2021, 09:30:53 am »

Got anything to say Vector? To be honest, I expected Blue to lie.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: March 31, 2021, 09:34:07 am »

When you say today, do you mean in the day? Or at night?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: March 31, 2021, 09:36:30 am »

Likewise, why target Vector? Seems a bit silly given they don't have any other abilities naturally.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: March 31, 2021, 09:51:07 am »

Likewise, why target Vector? Seems a bit silly given they don't have any other abilities naturally.

Because there's two ways things could be.

Either Reverie is holding on as scum with time - which isn't a bad theory, or you and Vector are convertscum.

Following Reverie to me made little sense. She's going to die today, unless evidence points otherwise - and following her wouldn't give that evidence. So I picked two people 'confirmed' town. Wanted to see what people did.

If Vector and Jim both have valid claims to these points, I'm completely down to vote for Reverie.

When you say today, do you mean in the day? Or at night?
Last night, I meant.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: March 31, 2021, 10:01:34 am »

I more think you're some sort of death cultist. You tried to convert Vector last night while your skeletons were tracking independently. But Conversions don't actually work on us, we're immune to it. Converting Vector after those questions yesterday would be a coup, since you'd have confirmed town.

And weren't you going to follow toaster? Following Vector still makes no sense.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: March 31, 2021, 10:02:01 am »

EVERYONE: if Reverie kills tonight, I will know (well... modulo any timey-wimey bullshit).

Secret is going to confirm blocking me again, and say he saw me do nothing. If I can get an action off despite that (and he saw me do nothing N2 despite the fact that I did have to go to FoU to time delay him), it means that in all likelihood you'll get the same flavour of "timey-wimey bullshit" that he did. And frankly, I'd consider the balance questionable if I was equipped with an unblockable nightkill in a game where everyone else can only snoop at night. Just a reminder that just like yesterday, I am currently day-action blocked due to Secret. I suspect you'd have to block me one phase ahead of time to stop my night action (the time delay, or theoretically, a night kill). The moment Secret reported that I did nothing on N2, I knew that it would be hard to verify what I am doing. Dying was, and might still be (though quite a lot less now that I've been pardoned) the cleanest way for me to help deduce the last wolf.

I'll be honest.

*reads thread*
 ??? Lol
reverie

This post pissed me off pretty badly. Secret didn't bother to confirm that I know the name of his wand creation ability "Lock Away". I would have liked to know if he eventually got a wand for my time delay or if I had to use a day ability to bounce against his later night action. I'm not even going to go into the fact that a wand was thrown at me yesterday, and I have no way to know who gave it to me as long as Secret isn't transparent about any of this. And no, I'm not firing it.

Secretdorf: I want a list of everyone that was alive yesterday that you have personally given a wand to. Also, confirm if the name of your block ability is what I claim it is.

As an addendum, no one but Secret targeted me last night.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: March 31, 2021, 10:09:16 am »

I wish I could edit posts :(

That last claim ruins any potential entrapment plays I could have made, though it's probably a bad idea to target me as scum anyway. I talk too much.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 97