Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 97

Author Topic: Magic Mafia MM - Game Over: Mafia Wins  (Read 84324 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 3: The Werehouse District
« Reply #1080 on: March 29, 2021, 09:15:13 am »

Not like I want to get lynched, but that's probably going to happen at some point. We can lynch Rev today. Why Toaster though? And why is Rev at the bottom?

They're one of the people that're actually competant enough to read the thread and make sensible deductions. It's a low bar at this point, but from their interactions they seem a lot more town to me than yesterday etc.

Toaster because of the lurking. Hard to get a read on someone that doesn't post. There's also the redirection weirdness going on there.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: March 29, 2021, 09:22:00 am »

Tell me why on Day 2 FallacyofUrist would try to push the lynch from scumbuddy notquitethere to scumbuddy Caz.

FoU can't be the killer due to blocking me, also. The kill has to be either Reverie, Tric, or me.

Does it? We don't have notquitethere's flip or FallacyofUrist's pre transformation flip. There's room there for role nonsense that we don't currently know.

Pushing it to Caz would allow them to save NQT, who would have his powers. And Caz could burn one of the others, there is no guarantee he doesn't have something dangerous he's hiding. Sure, Toony could tell 4mask about Caz's role, who could tell us. But why not cut out the middlemen and just tell us what abilities he has? Beyond which, Fal's ability could do with some towncred while he just engulfs people and leaves roles unflipped. And as always, WIFOM. One can try to push a lynch elsewhere to throw off suspicion. On the other hand, it could just be them trying to push it to town, WIFOM. Logically, only Rev or Caz could do it. So those two are the ones I'm pushing.

As for the second, I actually read his role. Engulf is his mafiakill, but he can't do that without wasting his other ability. Likewise, he needed to put the mansion up, but that ability is nowhere to be seen. Instead, he has the Monster Mansion, his upgrade. I can hypothesize the first auto as something he had from the start if everyone had one auto on role generation. Nothing has displaced this theory yet.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: March 29, 2021, 10:23:48 am »

Tell me why on Day 2 FallacyofUrist would try to push the lynch from scumbuddy notquitethere to scumbuddy Caz.

FoU can't be the killer due to blocking me, also. The kill has to be either Reverie, Tric, or me.

Does it? We don't have notquitethere's flip or FallacyofUrist's pre transformation flip. There's room there for role nonsense that we don't currently know.

Pushing it to Caz would allow them to save NQT, who would have his powers. And Caz could burn one of the others, there is no guarantee he doesn't have something dangerous he's hiding. Sure, Toony could tell 4mask about Caz's role, who could tell us. But why not cut out the middlemen and just tell us what abilities he has? Beyond which, Fal's ability could do with some towncred while he just engulfs people and leaves roles unflipped. And as always, WIFOM. One can try to push a lynch elsewhere to throw off suspicion. On the other hand, it could just be them trying to push it to town, WIFOM. Logically, only Rev or Caz could do it. So those two are the ones I'm pushing.

As for the second, I actually read his role. Engulf is his mafiakill, but he can't do that without wasting his other ability. Likewise, he needed to put the mansion up, but that ability is nowhere to be seen. Instead, he has the Monster Mansion, his upgrade. I can hypothesize the first auto as something he had from the start if everyone had one auto on role generation. Nothing has displaced this theory yet.

Quote issues.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: March 29, 2021, 10:29:22 am »

I just think it's pretty unlikely. A roleblock and a maf kill in the same role on the same night? Nah.

You might have missed BYOR15 (since you replaced out) where webadict gave a role to the scum team that could let a player act even if they were blocked, redirected etc., and also gave them an ability that let them interfere with inspection results on other players, with disastrous consequences for the town on Day 2.

Point being, building WIFOM into the night game seems to be a feature of webadict games and relying on assumptions like one action per phase is dangerous.

I can't find where you tell me it makes sense for FallacyofUrist to lynch his scumbuddy Caz over literally anybody else.

Logically, only Rev or Caz could do it. So those two are the ones I'm pushing.

No. See my point to Caz. You're making assumptions about the night game that are proven unreliable in this game (I double acted on N2) and in previous games (BYOR15 scum team had loads of WIFOM generating abilities).
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: March 29, 2021, 10:36:37 am »

Hmm. Reverie then. Followed by Blue>Caz>Toaster.

I think I have enough info to make a full case, but I'll wait and see Vector's case he promised.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: March 29, 2021, 10:39:18 am »

Going to be a speaker for Toony on this front - mostly repeating what he's pointed out on this post, 4mask can confirm - I won't be quoting directly, to avoid any rules issues.

Toony thinks Tric is likely the third scum. He's the only one so far who's really been afraid to die today.

Also - to remind you Jim, NQT used matchmake yesterday to redirect two people on night two.

If it isn't Tric, he thinks it's either me or Reverie, but doesn't believe it really is due to;

A) Reverie completely okay with dying,
B) Blue asked 4mask for his role, even though NQT would know the role.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: March 29, 2021, 10:57:58 am »

There's no way I'm discounting scum!Tric. Don't let him try to pass his night action off as legitimate. Put it on my gravestone as a reminder if you think you need my flip first.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: March 29, 2021, 11:21:55 am »

blu is lying, what toony actually said in the deadchat is "i think nqt was innocent after all, he was probably a deathmiller and just modest about it, all we need to do is hammer 'no lynch' to win"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: March 29, 2021, 11:23:37 am »

anyone else wondering what happened to 4mask? he can post in the thread but he isn't. town have totally inferior ghosts

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: March 29, 2021, 11:33:58 am »

anyone else wondering what happened to 4mask? he can post in the thread but he isn't. town have totally inferior ghosts

Why you gotta be mafia NQT? You're so amusing.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: March 29, 2021, 11:35:08 am »

and no idea about 4mask. Toony isn't allowed to post so I assume it's the same sort of thing? I don't 100% understand the 'day of the dead' rules.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: March 29, 2021, 11:35:58 am »

I think I'm done with today anyway. TricMagic is what I believe.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: March 29, 2021, 11:43:10 am »

secret, could you please vote for toaster so that i can tie the vote at the end of the day?

Mamobo wishes Mamobo could play!

Vote Count
------------------------
BluarianKnight - 1 - Jim Groovester
Caz - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Reverie - 2 - notquitethere*, Toaster*,
Secretdorf - 0 -
Toaster - 1 - Vector*,
TricMagic - 3 - Reverie*, Caz*, BluarianKnight*
Vector - 0 -
FallacyofUrist (already deceased) - 1 - Secretdorf
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 1 - 4maskwolf,

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: March 29, 2021, 11:53:30 am »

It's stuff like this that makes me think you're scum. Secretdorf hasn't really engaged, Vector still hasn't made his promised case, and there is no toaster at the moment.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: March 29, 2021, 11:57:34 am »

It's stuff like this that makes me think you're scum. Secretdorf hasn't really engaged, Vector still hasn't made his promised case, and there is no toaster at the moment.

Like Jim pointed out earlier, us fighting isn't really useful at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 97