Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 97

Author Topic: Magic Mafia MM - Game Over: Mafia Wins  (Read 82613 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 3: Day of the Dead
« Reply #930 on: March 28, 2021, 03:06:02 pm »

What we DO know is that NQT is maf and all of their posts will reflect that. Can't hide stuff you posted d1.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 28, 2021, 03:07:44 pm »

Toaster, why?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 28, 2021, 03:17:33 pm »

What we DO know is that NQT is maf and all of their posts will reflect that. Can't hide stuff you posted d1.
You're definitely right about that. We know NQT is mafia now, so all their posts will reflect that, soooo we can look at their post history and see who they interacted with and all that fun jazz.

Personally though I think the claims and process of elimination are definitely nearly as important as the day game for figuring out how to find the scum.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 28, 2021, 03:18:45 pm »

Alright, my turn. I am a Temporacle, an oracle with the power to bend time. I breadcrumbed my element in the first post since game start. I've already shared my main ability, the one which feeds me info about spells that target me (via looking into the future to see what happens), but I left out the part where those spells are delayed by one phase. The wand that was fired at me on D1 (whose protection against familiars and conjured beings expired last night), thus didn't take effect until N1. My night ability, which I didn't use on the first night because its utility was questionable at the time, blocks a player and delays the result by one cycle. That is, anything I block on a particular night doesn't resolve until the next night. My last ability is a one-shot panic button, which allows me to escape any harry situation once -- be that a dangerous wand (hence being confident in my ability to "eat the risk"), or even a lynch or a nightkill. I've mentioned the downside early on D1 when Jim mentioned post restriction abilities. If I use this power, I would not be able to speak for a full cycle. I'd be absent for a whole day.

I had my own reasons for wanting FoU to claim first. I targeted him last night with the delay power, which means he's lying. Secret did attempt to block me with his power absorbing trick, but it was delayed. Both the block itself, and the retrieval of the wand. I won't be able to use my powers today.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 28, 2021, 03:21:03 pm »

Wait, if FoU's ability was highest priority, the block indeed can't have gone through. It was a wasted effort.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 28, 2021, 03:21:39 pm »

Nope. My transformation has priority negative one. That means it goes before everything else - unless your delay was also priority negative one?

Ninjad:

Wait, if FoU's ability was highest priority, the block indeed can't have gone through. It was a wasted effort.
Yeah, pretty much.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: March 28, 2021, 03:24:08 pm »

Nope. My transformation has priority negative one. That means it goes before everything else - unless your delay was also priority negative one?

Ninjad:

Yeah, pretty much.
Which is ridiculous given my transmutation is P10, and goes last.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: March 28, 2021, 03:28:01 pm »

Which is ridiculous given my transmutation is P10, and goes last.
Sucks to be you, then.

More kindly, though, only Wuba and Kyle can know what goes through Wuba's head when he's designing roles. If your transformation is priority ten, there's presumably some reason for that, just like how my role had a priority -1 transformation.

But hey, Reverie targeting me disproves the werebear 'om nom whoever targets me' theory. So there's that at least.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 28, 2021, 03:28:22 pm »

WHAT TRANSMUTATION?? TricMagic?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 28, 2021, 03:33:28 pm »

Quiet, senile ghost!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: March 28, 2021, 03:33:41 pm »

You're definitely right about that. We know NQT is mafia now, so all their posts will reflect that, soooo we can look at their post history and see who they interacted with and all that fun jazz.
YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO ANALYSE PREVIOUS DAY'S POSTS. IF ONLY YOU HAD A TOWN!NQT RIGHT ABOUT NOW!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 28, 2021, 03:35:36 pm »

Interested to see claims from FallacyofUrist, Reverie, TricMagic, BluearianKnight, and Secretdorf, in that order.
... and when are you and Toaster going to claim?

YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO ANALYSE PREVIOUS DAY'S POSTS. IF ONLY YOU HAD A TOWN!NQT RIGHT ABOUT NOW!
Get back, demon!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: March 28, 2021, 03:42:04 pm »

Gotta work backwards.

Jim is town bc Toony cleared him with the wand yesterday.
 Toony is town yesterday because of the mason thing. (but now, obviously suspect)
 Vector has to be town because of the immediate bussing (who does that?).
Tric has to be town because of the Vector support. (it's too ballsy for him).
Secret's wand moves yesterday make little sense if they are mafia.

That's half of us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: March 28, 2021, 03:43:57 pm »

Sadly they are here to stay. Can't kill the dead, much as I'd like to.
You REALLY weren't reading the thread, or did death knock something loose?

Toaster can be eliminated as a suspect due to Mushrooms. No reason to pass them to a partner. There really aren't many options here besides you two and Rev.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 28, 2021, 03:46:44 pm »

CAN'T ARGUE WITH THAT REASONING, HEH HEH HEH
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 97