Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 97

Author Topic: Magic Mafia MM - Game Over: Mafia Wins  (Read 82714 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 2: Property Values Plummet
« Reply #885 on: March 25, 2021, 08:17:57 pm »

Toony:  Can you explain why on Secret?
NQT is definitely a cop of some sort. I believe that Secret blocked NQT last night and got two wands. The wand he gave me was a full role-cop inspect which I believe is at least one thing NQT tried to do last night.

This means that:
1. Secret didn't perform the kill
2. Secret blocked a mafia member and got a one-shot of their ability
3. Gave this wand to a town player

NQT was also aggressively pursuing a Secret lynch on D1 which screams mislynch to me.

It's possible they're mafia, but I would trust Secret above Rev, FoU, and Blue.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: March 25, 2021, 08:21:50 pm »

I believe that NQT tried to use a full inspect last night that reveals everything, and when Secret blocked it the sheer power of this ability was split into two wands (probably for balance reasons from the MOD).

The alignment inspect component is so that mafia can find harmful third-parties.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: March 25, 2021, 08:25:25 pm »

That's interesting (false) speculation buddy but there's one thing you don't know...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 25, 2021, 08:29:31 pm »

Enjoying youeself NQT, Meme some more, play the funny skeleton song.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: March 25, 2021, 08:32:43 pm »

The alignment inspect component is so that mafia can find harmful third-parties.
So do you think it's more than just LuckyOwl? There could be a second SK, a mafia-ally, or even a cult leader (though that last one seems unlikely given the player balance).
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: March 25, 2021, 08:32:55 pm »

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 25, 2021, 09:20:55 pm »

How many votes can a Mamobo count!

Vote Count
------------------------
BluarianKnight - 0 -
Caz - 1 - FallacyofUrist*,
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
notquitethere - 5 - Reverie*, Caz*, Vector*, BluarianKnight*, Toaster*,
Reverie - 0 -
Secretdorf - 0 -
Toaster - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
Vector - 1 - notquitethere*,
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 5 - ToonyMan, Secretdorf, Jim Groovester, TricMagic*, Fakerag,

7 to Hammer. Day ends on March 27, 2021 at 19:00 CDT (~45 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 25, 2021, 09:26:46 pm »

How many votes can a Mamobo count!
That is a good question, how man can Mamobo count?

You done Toony?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: March 25, 2021, 09:48:05 pm »

So do you think it's more than just LuckyOwl? There could be a second SK, a mafia-ally, or even a cult leader (though that last one seems unlikely given the player balance).
Maybe, but I'm going to say no.

You done Toony?
No. I haven't made my end of Day 2 reads yet.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: March 25, 2021, 09:54:30 pm »

FoU ignoring my comments for like ... a 5th time ...

Sorry I mean, Caz I've made my case on Vector. It's my word against theirs, there's nothing more to say, right?
Well we can assure you that if you do flip Town, everyone will dogpile Vector come Day 3. I hope that's some comfort, if you're town.

SUDDEN WEREBEAR!
Fuck you, I'm a Weretavern, not a Werebear.
I'd like to note that my actions are very verifiable, as per what I've shared. Anyone can check to see if I used my 'retaliation' ability by acting on me with whatever they please, and then seeing if they're redirected. A tracker can tell if I've used my self-upgrade by making sure I don't target anyone. From the outside perspective, if I target someone with an action and someone targeting me isn't redirected, then I'm a lying liar and should be lynched.

Just... trying to lock things down for the inevitable Night 2.

And yeah, notquitethere has clearly given up at this point, though it's amusing at the very least.

If you mean this that you're actually town then why not make a case on who you think is scum? Makes no sense.
Because NQT's case is 'Vector is scum'... but there's just not that much evidence for the idea, is there?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: March 25, 2021, 09:58:46 pm »

I'm going to make a prediction. Secretdorf will die tonight. He'll be forced to target Fallacy, and die from their ability.

Granted, this is 10 PM thoughts, but dorf isn't someone the Mafia can leave alone. So it's likely we'll wake up with two people dead.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: March 25, 2021, 10:20:39 pm »

Or maybe someone else. Dont worry mafias, I'll make a wand instead.

We shouldn't let that happen as that way:
toonyman dies
one town dies in mansion
scum kill another townie
-3 town
Maybe we can lynch NQT some other day and fallacy today. As he has no power.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 25, 2021, 10:32:11 pm »

It's okay if we lynch NQT, preferable honestly.

Currently writing a mega post...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 25, 2021, 11:33:02 pm »

Reads

Town
Vector - genius scum with Tric or...town. Would have to figure out to kill 4maskwolf on N1, then fake-claim a mafia result on NQT to have them reveal themselves as lovers with me which would nail them another two town. Vector pushed a case on NQT during D1 so inspecting them N1 isn't odd.
TricMagic - genius scum with Vector or...town and really did track Vector to NQT N1.
Secret - mafia tried to frame them on D1, NQT and FoU pushed for their lynch D1.
Jim - confirmed town by Secret. 4maskwolf mindmelded with them. Suspicious of FoU on D1.
Toaster - wouldn't get matchmake'd by NQT on D1 with Toony. Suspicious of NQT on D1.
Caz - very consistent and active when they aren't WASTED. Completely destroyed NQT with me, at the bottom of the town list because they could possibly be bussing NQT here but it's so unlikely unless FoU is town.

Neutral
Blue - super shady, but doesn't fit into a three person mafia team. Newb town?

Scum
Reverie - kept pushing that Tric was the 4mask killer, but then Tric came out with information that definitely confirms they tracked Vector (I know this because Vector targeted me on D1). NQT put Rev as scum on D1, but never voted them. Only Vector voted Reverie with an actual case no less. FoU lists as town on D1. Is most likely the 4mask killer.
FoU - not going to repeat myself from D1, new stuff for D2 is they're defending NQT and want to lynch Caz instead.
NQT - confirmed liar, many other reasons

Day 1 (and 2) Observations

Shortly after the countdown and mansion appear, NQT accuses Secret, then Fallacy claims the mansion, then NQT points the finger at Secret:
This means Secret cast the totally-not-ominous countdown.
This ain't no D1 bus. Also coordinates well with Fallacy.

Here NQT says Lucky is an easy lynch and that we could chain-lynch three players that voted Lucky:
So if Lucky flips town/third-party then someone in the [Reverie -> Secret -> Bluarian] is structurally a good fit for scum. Might be win-win to try out this theory... but most of all I want to hear what Secret has to say about this countdown.
Reverie first, then Secret, then Blue. This list probably has at least one scum that he would have used for a future bus if he wasn't outed on D2 by Vector. NQT knew Lucky would flip town/third-party after all...

FoU's reads at the end of Day 1 are Caz and Jim plus one other, their town reads are Reverie, ToonyMan, 4maskwolf, and Vector.
My guess is it's Caz and Jim Groovester, along with some third mafia member who's doing a better job at fitting in.
Caz is incredibly intuition-focused, without a hint of logical reasoning in their plays, as far as I have seen. Jim is hyperfixated on my mansion and daykill claims.
Caz: are you responsible for the countdown?
Jim Groovester: If I'm scum, who're my buddies?
My favored town-suspects are Reverie, ToonyMan, 4maskwolf, and Vector, in order of 'I trust this person the most.' The rest are somewhere in the null middle.
Caz and Jim are strong town but FoU says they're the scum team. FoU stick their buddy Rev in with their town reads.

On Day 2 FoU deduces that Caz, Secretdorf, and Blue are suspicious.
I think Blue is likely newb town as they can't have performed the kill unless in cahoots with Jim who would need to be in cahoots with Secret and now we have 4 mafia because NQT is mafia too. Caz and Secret of course are clean.

Vote Analysis

Near End of Day 1 Votes:
Caz - 1 - BluarianKnight
FallacyofUrist - 4 - ToonyMan, Jim Groovester, Reverie, 4maskwolf
Jim Groovester - 1 - Luckyowl
Luckyowl - 5 - notquitethere, Caz, Secretdorf, TricMagic, Vector
notquitethere - 1 - Toaster
Secretdorf - 1 - FallacyofUrist

End of Day 1 Votes:
Caz - 1 - FallacyofUrist
FallacyofUrist - 4 - ToonyMan, Jim Groovester*, Reverie, 4maskwolf
Jim Groovester - 1 - Luckyowl
Luckyowl - 6 - notquitethere, Caz, Secretdorf, TricMagic, Vector, BluarianKnight
notquitethere - 1 - Toaster
*Jim only switched off FoU to Lucky to prevent ties.

Day 2 Votes Currently:
Caz - 1 - FallacyofUrist
notquitethere - 5 - Toaster, Reverie, Caz, Vector, BluarianKnight
Vector - 1 - notquitethere

Not Voting - 5 - ToonyMan, Secretdorf, Jim Groovester, TricMagic, Fakerag

Reverie is pretty gutsy, but this looks okay to me otherwise.

What happened Night 1? Who killed 4maskwolf?

(Stolen and edited from Jim Grovestore)

Reverie does nothing

Caz tries to action I assume, gets jailed.
FallacyofUrist jails Caz.

Jim Groovester actions ToonyMan, Toony can't confirm.
Toaster actions Jim, gets redirected to ToonyMan, also shrooms notquitethere for D2.
ToonyMan mushrooms Toaster, gets speed boost from Toaster
BluearianKnight tracks Jim Groovester, sees him visit ToonyMan, also gets correct flavor about Jim

TricMagic tracks Vector, Vector visits notquitethere. This is confirmed by Toony, so unless Tric and Vector are both scum it's clean.
Vector inspects notquitethere, sees mafia.
Secretdorf blocks notquitethere, captures one action into two wands (one was a full role-inspect confirmed by Toony on Caz, other was an alignment inspect confirmed by Secret on Jim).
notquitethere tries to rolecop Vector, gets blocked, this is likely a legit claim by NQT. They tried to full inspect Vector because the scum team is wary of them, but got blocked by Secret.

Toaster and Toony were clearly redirected into each other here. Matchmake is a Day only ability that NQT almost certainly used on D1, this caused Toony to target Toaster (as intended) and Toaster to be redirected from Jim to Toony N1.

This heavily implies that Toony and Toaster aren't mafia, as NQT would want to Matchmake two town for maximum control.

Every single player is confirmed doing their action besides Reverie.

Reverie killed 4maskwolf.

Okay I'm tired. I'll stop here.

Scum team is NQT/FoU/Rev.

I would still like to hear more people's thoughts before Day end.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: March 25, 2021, 11:40:00 pm »

. . . *applause*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 97