Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 97

Author Topic: Magic Mafia MM - Game Over: Mafia Wins  (Read 82794 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile

If we lynch FoU we might not get to see what the house does.

...I wanna see it.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 1: Let The Mage Games Begin
« Reply #466 on: March 22, 2021, 01:33:15 pm »

If you don't at least try to engage, imma daykill you.
If you have a daykill, just do it.
Can you give me an extra day action to use?

The mansion is my doing.

Something is bothering me. FoU being mafia hinges on the assertion that this scum!fallacy claim to the mansion being a mistake would, in fact, make more sense in the inverse - with the claim on the mansion being used to walk back on the vig threat to Lucky. The feebleness of his counter-argument to Jim really doesn't do him any favours and substantiates this theory for me. However, it's actually NQT that squeezes this detail out of him. I think NQT would have to be town if Fallacy is scum as this exchange makes no sense to me otherwise. I don't believe that NQT is town, so now there's a conflict.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PS: I'm also still anxiously waiting for the wand result.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still 5 hours to day end, right?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Web is online, so I'm starting to think he really didn't use the thing.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

If we lynch FoU we might not get to see what the house does.

...I wanna see it.
You lunatic, this isn't a good reason not to vote me.

I think I have the time and energy to assemble a decent case on someone before day end, anyways.

There are two different styles of scum play.

Active/power wolfing, and passive/lurking wolfing. In one, the player attempts to command control over the direction of the town and appear as a core town player. In the other, the player attempts to lurk in the periphery of the game and not attract attention.

Passive wolfing is much easier to detect than active wolfing. So let's see who's putting in the least effort.

(Aside from Lucky, who's pretty much impossible to properly read, and myself)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I should probably ask to be replaced. I'm going to wait 48 hours before I go through with it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Aw, okay. Good luck with IRL stuff.

My guess is it's Caz and Jim Groovester, along with some third mafia member who's doing a better job at fitting in.

Caz is incredibly intuition-focused, without a hint of logical reasoning in their plays, as far as I have seen. Jim is hyperfixated on my mansion and daykill claims.

Caz: are you responsible for the countdown?

Jim Groovester: If I'm scum, who're my buddies?

My favored town-suspects are Reverie, ToonyMan, 4maskwolf, and Vector, in order of 'I trust this person the most.' The rest are somewhere in the null middle.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

PS: I'm also still anxiously waiting for the wand result.
Me too. Web should be back from work soon or now.

Web is online, so I'm starting to think he really didn't use the thing.
"You caught me. I made everything up!"

That's reasonable. Can everybody who hasn't yet post reads? Especially single-minded Jim.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That said, whoever put the least amount of effort into joining my wagon is probably scum.

My favored town-suspects are Reverie, ToonyMan, 4maskwolf, and Vector, in order of 'I trust this person the most.' The rest are somewhere in the null middle.

This doesn't compute. My vote for you is the least assertive between the three of us (having been convinced to switch), and you trust me most?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

That's true.

I also have no idea why FoU trusts 4maskwolf and Vector but not Jim.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You lunatic, this isn't a good reason not to vote me.

I think I have the time and energy to assemble a decent case on someone before day end, anyways.

There are two different styles of scum play.

Active/power wolfing, and passive/lurking wolfing. In one, the player attempts to command control over the direction of the town and appear as a core town player. In the other, the player attempts to lurk in the periphery of the game and not attract attention.

Passive wolfing is much easier to detect than active wolfing. So let's see who's putting in the least effort.

(Aside from Lucky, who's pretty much impossible to properly read, and myself)

So... You WANT me to vote for you?

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile

The half-defending half-lynching from most folks here is fucking bizarre to me - even FoU is trying to get votes off him then axe Lucky - which doesn't make sense.

Also;FoU - it's eight to hammer, not six. I don't get this defense, unless Lucky has a 4d chess play in being the most lynchable man alive.

That, or they're both just playing terrible town games.

Or Lucky went AWOL - in which case somebody should hit up IcyTea.

Putting my vote on Luckyowl to prevent a tie, if FoU decides to kamikaze. We'll vote FoU day two, then go from there.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Caz is incredibly intuition-focused, without a hint of logical reasoning in their plays, as far as I have seen.

Where we're going, we don't need logic. Seriously though why do you want LuckyOwl to stick around when they've done nothing all game and get a free pass for their playing like this every time? I'm pretty sure I've explained why I'm voting the way I am, and it's not any more 'intuition' based over anyone elses, imo.

Caz: are you responsible for the countdown?

Nope. Pretty sure that's you.

Why do you trust Vector when they've barely posted?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also;FoU - it's eight to hammer, not six. I don't get this defense, unless Lucky has a 4d chess play in being the most lynchable man alive.

You're forgetting about Fakerag. I suspect it's a hammerbot, so I (and I suppose a few others) consider seven votes to be in the danger zone.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 97