Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 97

Author Topic: Magic Mafia MM - Game Over: Mafia Wins  (Read 83065 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I agree with Jim and 4maskwolf.

I want to vote fallacy but i won't because I fear scum are trying to save lucky.
I don't think that's the case here.

Vote count right now I believe:
Caz - 1 - BluarianKnight
FallacyofUrist - 4 - ToonyMan, Jim Groovester, Reverie, 4maskwolf
Jim Groovester - 1 - Luckyowl
Luckyowl - 5 - notquitethere, Caz, Secretdorf, TricMagic, Vector
notquitethere - 1 - Toaster
Secretdorf - 1 - FallacyofUrist

Not Voting - 1 - Fakerag
Colored with my current scum team.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile

Also IIRC Caz said something about wanting to replace out earlier in the game which is exactly what wolf Caz did in BYOR 15 and not a sentiment I see frequently outside of that.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you know his meta and some of the behind-the-scenes mech NQT is pretty obviously wolfing.

What do you think of his interactions with Toony?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Okay.

Re: the mansion: No, I'm not going to talk about it. Stop role fishing. I'll bring it up later when it's relevant, and I think it will be relevant later, too.

Re: my lack of posting: midterms. That said, I only have one difficult midterm left (and it's tonight). I should have the time and mental energy to make a few big posts a few hours from now. I plan to address a few big topics using those few big posts.

I'd vote Luckyowl for sheer lack of participation, but I don't want to bring him too close to hammer. I still want to use what's left of our day.

Re: scumminess: Oh, I'd totally vote myself if I weren't me. I'm aware that I look pretty scummy from the outside, and I'd agree with those reasons  if I didn't know that I was town. So I don't blame y'all for voting me. That said, whoever put the least amount of effort into joining my wagon is probably scum. Same for whoever put the least amount of effort in hopping on the Lucky wagon.

If Lucky is scum, I wouldn't even be surprised if the scum didn't even try and save him. See: sheer lack of participation. It's not ideal for them, but Lucky is effectively a null lynch. Not much information is provided by his death, as opposed to Caz's, Tric's, NQT's, or even my own. They might even bus him to boost their reputations.

Luckyowl is an easy lynch. But maybe that's not the right choice. Removing a non-participant is a different thing from removing an active townie or someone who's actually mafia or a hostile third party. It's not as bad as the worst-case scenario, but it's not as good as the best-case scenario. It's null. It's easy.

And anyone who puts a minimal amount of effort into deciding who to lynch is scum.

Re: your brains:

Heya Tom it's Bob, from the office down the hall...
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

4mask, there you go again not reading the thread. I've explained clearly my thoughts on Lucky. But let's explain them all over again:

Structurally you're right, Lucky is a low salience pick for a member of the mafia team (especially if he was a more competent player). But that thinking in Supernatural tanked the game. Letting LuckyOwl, who can't play his way out of a paper bag, who voted for himself at LYLO, survive to ruin future days will lose town this game. LuckyOwl is de facto on the scum team no matter what it says in his PM.

See it from my shoes, what kind of player would I be to slavishly stick to a meta style which lost me the games I tried it in?

But also, as I said before, he's not even my first pick. But we learned conclusively from Supernatural that CFDs are bad for the game. I think it's best to get behind a wagon now, and this one is better.

I dunno about Fallacy, I think the scum!fallacy play doesn't make sense if he's not on the same team as Secret. Can you explain why he would claim the house? Also Tric makes a good point about it being something we can confirm in future days. He's not the best pick for today. Caz's supersaint claim is a bit dubious and there play is switched off and wild.

--

PPE: OK apparently Fallacy is posting. I honestly don't see the problem with hammering, but I guess I'm highly prejudiced in favour of short snappy days. Long days sap player's will and lead to worse outcomes.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile

My first instinct says Caz, but I suspect he'd have fessed up to it if he really wanted to be targeted. My lizard brain says it's you, because you were first to post after the day actions and now you're asking me this question. It's almost like a riddle where the answer is in front of you all along.

Or both things are FoU's doing.

I'm 100% firing this thing. I'm curious who's willing to be hit by it. No idea what will happen.

Well, did you do it yet? Hopefully it doesn't backfire.

@Vote Count:
Luckyowl is a lazy lynch. He's not playing but I don't think that's alignment indicative. I won't cry if he's gone, but I have no reason to suspect they're mafia. Plus I find multiple scummy players (FoU, NQT) harassing them. Lucky you need to chip in.

We have this argument every game. You really want to not lynch LuckyOwl just because they're LuckyOwl? He isn't even participating.

=

I'm also starting to feel Caz would be a good lynch and side with Blue here.

If you lead that shit you're gonna have a bad time.

that you sans?

If anything else I can at least deal with him tonight if he is one. You really shouldn't be relying on that type of posturing to save you from my tricks.

Oh no, not the hat magic! :P

Caz is WASTED

I don't know why the only thing Caz decided to do is repeatedly warn people how bad it would be to lynch him without doing much else.

I'm looking forward to a sober explanation.

Not really sure. It seemed like a good idea at the first time. Mostly I wanted to cause some reactions but FoU building a fricking castle kinda took the wind out of that one. So I'm gonna go with... drunken insanity.

Caz, are you a jester?

Only irl. My role wins when scum is dead and a town remains alive.

If Luckyowl doesn't show up, then 115% lynch him. You have my permission to do that.

But you and I know that Luckyowl is going to show up half an hour before day end and make some noobish non sequiturs that you'll all forgive him for.

When that happens, I want you to think about who you're going to swap your votes to, and if you don't choose FallacyofUrist then you haven't read Day 1 correctly.

Meh, I prefer LuckyOwl. The lynchon FoU is basically because he did a day action and claimed it. Like he said, why claim at all if he was scum? It would be easier to sow chaos within the town and not paint a target on himself.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Re: the mansion: No, I'm not going to talk about it. Stop role fishing. I'll bring it up later when it's relevant, and I think it will be relevant later, too.

Fine. Is the mansion necessary for your role to work? You described its use mainly as a "conversation point", and listed other things secondarily, but it's clear you misbranded it if you're just going to be mum. I'm not going to rehash Vector's argument but they did have a point. 

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, did you do it yet? Hopefully it doesn't backfire.

He did last night, and according to Toony it's still being processed. I'm the target.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile

Also IIRC Caz said something about wanting to replace out earlier in the game which is exactly what wolf Caz did in BYOR 15 and not a sentiment I see frequently outside of that.

Mate I don't replace out based on alignment. And I'm not replacing out anyway. It was just frustration.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

FoU isn't worth lynching because he did the mansion.

He's worth lynching because he threatened to day kill Luckyowl and then took that option away from himself after getting called out on it.

I'd vote Luckyowl for sheer lack of participation, but I don't want to bring him too close to hammer. I still want to use what's left of our day.

Man that's fucking wild you have this opinion

you know who could have solved it?

Oh that's right it was you with the day kill you threatened

Man go figure why did you do the mansion instead just absolutely BIZARRE
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reasons why 1: Because the Mansion needed to be brought out, and the daykill could be saved for later days.

Honestly, if you have multiple abilities but can only use one, you kinda have to decide. Fal decided. Why vote him out over it when Luckyowl is still a valid lynch for not doing anything today but stay silent.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

You know what's an even smarter play in that case? Not mentioning the day kill at all.

I repeat myself but FoU made the day kill threat on Luckyowl because he wanted to look tough on his scumbuddy but he never seriously intended to use it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know what's an even smarter play in that case? Not mentioning the day kill at all.

I repeat myself but FoU made the day kill threat on Luckyowl because he wanted to look tough on his scumbuddy but he never seriously intended to use it.
That logic is flawed, if LO is scumbuddy to FoU, then either lynch is good yeah? And we have something on Fal, nothing on Luckyowl. By their own choice rather than anything else. Lurking is Not Okay.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I suspect both but more for FallacyofUrist's interactions with Luckyowl than anything Luckyowl has done. Lynching FallacyofUrist more directly confirms my suspicions than lynching Luckyowl would.

Luckyowl lurking the entirety of Day 1 wouldn't be horribly out of character for him. Letting lurkers off the hook is bad, so I don't mind his lynch.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We'd just have to come back to him later on, still with nothing to see.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 97