Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Loop Hero  (Read 6943 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Loop Hero
« on: March 04, 2021, 05:40:54 pm »

LÖÖP

Loop Hero is a rougelike with deckbuilding aspects and an auto-combat system.

Our hero walks about a circular path and punches whatever monsters gets in the way.  Punched monsters drop equipment to upgrade the hero, but also cards.  Cards represent locations that can be placed either on, next to, or outside the loop.  Some provide benefits to our hero, others spawn enemies on the loop to punch.  Certain cards can upgrade or have interesting effects if placed adjacent to other specific cards.  A boss will spawn once enough cards are placed.

Progression is a bit like Hades.  Actions collect various resources which are spent to build up a base camp village which boosts future runs and unlocks new cards.  Dying on a run costs a good portion of resource collected on that run, but at the start of each loop you can decide to dip out early and get everything you collected.  You can also continue looping after punching the boss to risk gathering more resources.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Loop Hero
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 11:07:35 am »

May I have some LÖÖPs brother? ptw as this looks interesting

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 06:08:56 pm »

It's surprisingly good. I checked out the demo last week and while I was initially a bit meh on it I found myself disappointed when the demo was over.

I picked up the full game but haven't gotten much more play time in it yet. We'll see how it progresses.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 07:37:56 pm »

Eh... I was intrigued with the demo to start, but meh by the time I put it down. Neat stuff involved, but the basic resource grind felt very grindy after a bit. It's nice to watch a quick run via vid, but actually playing feels... eh. Let someone else sink the time in, y'know?

well, more like if I actually got my hands on it I'd probably pretty promptly memory edit the resource gathering part away, but eh
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 07:42:16 pm »

It's a good thing to alt-tab in and out of.

Which... is actually kind of a terrible thing to say: "I like not playing it."
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 08:40:16 pm »

Eh... I was intrigued with the demo to start, but meh by the time I put it down. Neat stuff involved, but the basic resource grind felt very grindy after a bit. It's nice to watch a quick run via vid, but actually playing feels... eh. Let someone else sink the time in, y'know?

well, more like if I actually got my hands on it I'd probably pretty promptly memory edit the resource gathering part away, but eh

In the full game, I've mostly done >10 loop runs, basically enough to build up to the boss and kill it, get the resource cashe and exit.  Usually that was enough to build something at the base camp.  I have about half the major buildings built and maybe two building upgrades.  After a dozen loops in a run I start hitting the resource cap anyway.

Also, the harder chapters reward more resource per run, whereas I think the demo only has chapter one?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2021, 03:41:58 am »

In the full game, I've mostly done >10 loop runs, basically enough to build up to the boss and kill it, get the resource cashe and exit.  Usually that was enough to build something at the base camp.  I have about half the major buildings built and maybe two building upgrades.  After a dozen loops in a run I start hitting the resource cap anyway.

Also, the harder chapters reward more resource per run, whereas I think the demo only has chapter one?

btw, you know those options you can pick after the boss are trait unlocks, not for immediate consumption? (Took one of my friends 20 hours to figure that out.)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 07:01:38 am by Aoi »
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2021, 07:06:55 am »

So they're permanent and future run affecting? Or do they need to be unlocked after being made available trough defeating the boss?

I'm still on the fence about buying the game, but I do know that I got the OST because holy shit every song is a banger.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2021, 05:42:57 pm »

If you select them you unlock them for random choosing the next time you level in an expedition. (The choose from 3 random perks part)

I've never chosen the resource cache since I'm usually full of most of the stuff at the end of the expedition anyway.

On the warrior I prefer getting that somersault perk that gives you a chance to counter on evasion. Then just pump evasion and vamp.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2021, 05:57:04 pm »

I see now.  They were always some form of "get more resources" so I assumed it was a per run bonus to get big bonuses for post boss loopage.

Just means I'm more likely to get those better perks tho...
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2021, 08:08:03 pm »

Yeah, it is kind of annoying how the unlocked perks are better for post-run but they'll dilute the perk pool in-run too. If you're aiming to rush the bosses, then opening them all is a terrible idea.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2021, 08:26:37 pm »

I'm currently raging at RNG against second boss. Trying to fight her with the rogue, who needs stacked stats on all armor pieces to get good. So after a bunch of failed attempts where I was forced to run away because I just couldn't get any decent gear, I finally found myself with 60%+ atkspeed and evasion, and over 2k health, got to the boss with full potions, summoned the pet...and then watched for about 5 minutes as my rogue attacked every single mirror she threw up without hitting her even once.
Stupid game...

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2021, 08:37:33 pm »

I got lucky with about 50-60 evasion and over 100 attack speed.  I want to say at around loop 12 or so.  I'm not certain how you'd beat her as a knight.

Does damage all bypass the second boss?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2021, 08:59:10 pm »

Damage-all has no effect on the mirrors.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2021, 10:11:29 pm »

Fighting her with the necro is easy-mode.

Also, is anybody else consistently crashing around Loop 30? I've just lost 4 rounds in a row at 30, 29, 30, 30.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4