Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Zelda: Shipwrecked [1st Hour of Morning, Day 3: Victory Jingle]  (Read 9131 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked in the Wild [1st Hour of Afternoon, Day 1]
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2021, 08:20:28 am »

What I wouldn't give for a good horse.

Just keep walking. Did I recover all my arrows after the Great Kiting Adventure?

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked in the Wild [1st Hour of Night, Day 1]
« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2021, 11:09:10 pm »

Damn.

Hold position, boomerang in one hand, club in the other. Be ready to throw the boomerang if any of the bokoblins approach in a hostile manner and enter my range.

Spoiler: Solun the Craftsman (click to show/hide)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked [4th Hour of Morning, Day 2: Surprise!]
« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2021, 02:39:27 am »

Bokoblin Battle, Turn 2

Fenil glares at the onrushing attackers.

Fenil: [2][4]+12 = 18 vs 12, success!

The swarm decides better of it and turns around to flee.

The rest of the bokoblins seem a little demoralized by this, but cautiously rush recklessly forward nonetheless.

Spoiler: Red Group Battlemap (click to show/hide)

What I wouldn't give for a good horse.

Just keep walking. Did I recover all my arrows after the Great Kiting Adventure?
I don't think you're supposed to be able to recover spent ammunition, but I've never seen ammunition tracking made fun so I'll allow it.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 02:42:58 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked [1st Hour of Morning, Day 2: Crabtacular Conclusion]
« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2021, 05:48:22 am »

Walk up to the nearby Blade, slap the sword out of their feeble little nerd hands, and proceed to vacuum said sword into my loot bag.
Do a parry.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked [1st Hour of Morning, Day 2: Crabtacular Conclusion]
« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2021, 06:22:47 am »

(("Fenil has a +12 to this" -> "18 vs 12, success".  Welp.  Maybe Fenil could end this trivially by just repeating that trick  But I want their equipment..))

"Leave the one with a shield alive.  Kill the rest."

If Isha fails her disarm, menace the blade she tried it on.  Otherwise, menace the other blade.

Also move two spaces right, and block :v

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked [Bokoblin Battle, Turn 2]
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2021, 06:31:01 am »

"K-kill?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2021, 06:39:52 am »

"But they don't deserve that! Just let them go after we take what we need."
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 06:44:27 am by Egan_BW »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2021, 11:46:18 pm »

Reed refrains from entering the conversation and instead steps downwards one tile and unleashes a magic salvo at the lower blade-oblin.

Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked in the Wild [1st Hour of Night, Day 1]
« Reply #130 on: April 14, 2021, 12:35:44 am »

Throw my boomerang at the nearby Blade-bokoblin, then fall back 6 squares east.

Spoiler: Solun the Craftsman (click to show/hide)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 18, 2021, 07:37:16 pm »

1st Hour of Afternoon, Day 2: Angry Gods

Isha walks up to the nearest blade-wielding bokoblin.

Disarm: [5][3]+6 = 14 vs 13 Vitality, success!

She then slaps the heavy-looking sword right out of its hands, shuffles to the north a bit to where it landed, and stuffs it into her bag. The bokoblin looks sad.

Weapon Gained: Boko Cleaver (Rank 1 Metal Greatsword, Bokoblin Style), Acc: 3, Att: 5, Dur: 3/3
It appears to be made of an unusually heavy, dark green material.

Fenil then glares at the other bladeoblin.

Menace: [5][3]+7 = 15 vs 11 Concentration, success!

The bokoblin gulps, knees shaking too much to properly wield its sword.

Reed launches a glowing bolt at the now-trembling foe.

[6][6]+3+2 = 17 vs 13 Evasion, critical hit! 20 - 4 = 16 Damage!
Lower Jadeblade defeated!

There's a gigantic geyser of sand as Reed obliterates the bokoblin's general area.

Solun throws his boomerang and then retreats.

[6][6]+4+2 = 18 vs 13 Evasion, critical hit! 14 - 4 = 10 Damage!
Hobble: [1][3]+3+2 = 9 vs 13 Vitality, failure!
Upper Jadeblade now at 6/16 HP

The boomerang joins him after slapping the unarmed bokoblin silly in another explosion of sand.

The remaining bokoblins, faced with the obvious and terrifying powers of these newcomers, immediately fall to their knees and begin worshiping them as gods.

The pirates fared somewhat less spectacularly, but likewise have made new friends. More specifically, several bokoblins are now toadying up to the moblin captain, who's carrying around one particular bokoblin by the neck like some kind of wine bottle.

Conveniently, the bokoblins had food on them, which they are more than willing to share with their newfound friends and/or grim deities. Anyone who wishes may consume a... roast, you think, wrapped in leaves and restoring 4 HP. Recall that Isha has a rank of hunger for her episode earlier, which this would remove.

Over the course of the meal, the captain explains the situation.

"Two villages nearby," he begins, pointing to the west. "Not friends," he adds after a moment's pause, as though nearly forgetting to mention it. "Amberhide Tribe, Bonebow Tribe. Both experienced with crabs, will not be able to crack walls. Maybe trade, but not likely.

More tribes that way,"
he continues, gesturing to the north. "This area less barren, more food and trees. More tribes."

He pauses a moment to rub his chin. His nose wobbles amusingly in the process.

"More tribes elsewhere, but also two big clans. Civilized, me think. Hard to tell." He glances at the bug-eyed bokoblin still clenched in one fist. It gives him two enthusiastic thumbs up.

He points to the north again. "Past tribes, Songthunk Clan. Normal-sized, so..." He wobbles the bokoblin around for effect. "Often fight, sometimes trade. Good elixirs."

He then points to the west. "Across sands, Glowgut Clan. Me-sized. Like trade, lots of food. Love shinies."

"I say we lunge fer civilized lands, such as they may be," Salty Pete adds immediately. "This is no place fer the likes of us."

"Oh, I don't know," Gummy says. "These bokoblins sound fascinating! Maybe they'd be willing to host guests?"

The captain grunts. "Have bokoblins, have wood. Could build own village, like original plan. Deal with others from position of strength."

"Or position of a crab's gullet," Salty Pete grumbles.

"Perhaps we could travel from village to village as wandering traders!" Gummy exclaims with glee.

---

Arquen keeps trudging in relative silence.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked [1st Hour of Afternoon, Day 2: Angry Gods]
« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2021, 08:43:43 am »

Alright!  Fenil is going to completely ignore the planning, and work on something more prudent.  Looting.  Strip the bokoblins of weapons and armor.  Use Influence on any obstacles to this.  Or just intimidate.  Fenil will take the amberhide's sword for herself, everything else goes to party inventory.

The Bokoblins must have been wearing armor, because the Jadeblades had 4 defense.  But it's important precisely what they were wearing.  Firstly Fenil doesn't have a helmet, and secondly I want to deconstruct any fabric pants to make bombs.

Yes, bombs made out of torn pants and moldy crab chitin.  Rules As Written.  I also want to make and immediately apply soap made from rotten crab dust.  The book says this works fine.

Finally, if possible, survey for rank 0 critters.  Capture them barehanded.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2021, 02:56:44 pm »

Fenil sets about stripping the prisoners, who helpfully offer up their pants to their new and terrifying god.

Reed's victim suffered a catastrophic equipment malfunction due to being one-shot by a powerful mage, as well as a catastrophic bokoblin malfunction unless Reed says otherwise. In any case, there is no gear there.

Solun's victim, on the other hand, is still wearing a Light armor chestpiece and skirt made of amber-colored cloth. While unhelpful for curing Fenil's helmet deficiency, they can be shredded for 1 Ambercloth each. A quick glance at the Rank 1 material suggests it'd be handy for preservation purposes.

The untouched Amberhide is likewise not wearing a helmet, but its Medium chestpiece and skirt are likewise made of Ambercloth, and would provide 2 units each if destroyed. Its sword and shield are both made of Jade Iron, an unusually heavy dark green Rank 1 Metal.

Boko Blade (Rank 1 Metal Sword, Bokoblin Style): Acc 3, Att 4, Dur 2/2
Boko Shield (Rank 1 Metal Shield, Bokoblin Style): Acc 3, Att 2, Dur 2/2

Ingredients in hand, it occurs to Fenil that her poor Smithing skill would prevent her from using Rank 1 materials to their fullest extent in bombcrafting.

Rank 0 soap, on the other hand, is no worse in her hands than anyone else's, and she may immediately process and enjoy the cleansing power of rotting crabs ground into a powder.

She also begins hunting for critters, but will have to wait until the turn's end to see how well she does.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2021, 09:41:57 pm »

Reed frowns. "I find myself a bit hesitant to lunge for so called civilized land when I do not actually know anything about it and, should they prove hostile, I would not exactly have a lot of options on what to do next. Getting some sort of local base we can retreat to, should the worst go to the worst, would not strike me as unwise, and if nothing else I would like the time to rest and restore some of my magical energy reserves."

"...I would also not mind some time to do some repair work on my staff before we find more fights. Channeling magic enough to be used as a weapon is hard on it."

Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10