Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Zelda: Shipwrecked [1st Hour of Morning, Day 3: Victory Jingle]  (Read 9151 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked in the Wild [Recruiting!]
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2021, 02:09:16 pm »

Yes water is always wet, yes I was on the boat, and yes I am wearing armor. Now then, if you don't mind...

Arquen heads for the nearest high point that might be good for spotting groups of our fellow travelers.
The only real candidate you see for that would be a massive rock formation several hours to the north. It's definitely tall enough to give a good view of the surroundings, but at that distance you wouldn't be able to make out individuals milling around on the beach.

Otherwise, you don't think any nearby terrain is tall enough to get a good view of nearby movement from.

Solun looks around - people up and down the coast, all seemingly making their way to their position. And this was where the captain was, so why not?
But not everyone had to land on this coast. And that fire bolt certainly caught his attention... he had an idea.
We don't necessarily need to find the crew if they can find us. Let's make a bonfire. The wet wood should make a lot of smoke and steam, and it'll make us visible for a long ways around.
The captain snaps his fingers.

"Good idea!" he bellows in a low, gruff voice.

A grumbling noise follows. Everyone turns to look at its source- a deku deckhand, whose stomach rumbles obligingly again. The captain scratches his head.

"Is true, no food. Crinkles no need eat, but like eat."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked in the Wild [1st Hour of Morning, Day 1]
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2021, 02:42:20 pm »

"Hm, a flare? ...It could be somebody in trouble!"
Never mind Salty Pete, run in the direction of the fire!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2021, 09:15:42 pm »

Well then...guess it's option B.

If I can't see anything else potentially helpful, follow the coastline eastwards looking for other survivors.

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2021, 10:04:48 pm »

Yes water is always wet, yes I was on the boat, and yes I am wearing armor. Now then, if you don't mind...

Well then...guess it's option B.

"I don't mind walking at all. I can walk and talk at the same time. Hey, did you know this sand is the same color as my robes? Except the triangles. Is armor a normal kind of clothing?"

Archeologist follows Arquen, being naturally annoying but not on purpose, and pointing at any crabs or birds or fish he sees and asking Arquen what they are.

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2021, 11:02:27 pm »

...well, I'm not much good at finding food, so somebody else will need to work on that. I'll work on the bonfire.
As he concludes, Solun starts gathering driftwood and the shattered remains of the ship, piling them in a rough cone.
Do any of you have fire-starting equipment?

Spoiler: Solun the Craftsman (click to show/hide)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2021, 05:36:38 pm »

3rd Hour of Morning, Day 1

Orange Group
Arquen waits a full hour for the tiny Archeologist to clamber down to his position, and then the two spend another hour trekking east along the beach. They see no sign of the others.

Red Group
Most of the passengers and crew of the ship find themselves milling around the same stretch of sand, with a good deal of the remainder within sight. Cap'n Longsnout, Salty Pete, Bloop Bloop Bloop, a gaggle of scallywags, and half a gaggle of corsairs are in attendance, with the other half of the corsairs approaching from the northwest and Gummy, Diamond Glee, and Nakrathimus the Infathomable trudging up from the southeast.

Solun the Craftsman, Fenil Vys, Isha Shadesparrow, and Inade comprise the local passengers, with the rito knight coming in with Gummy and company.

Cap'n Longsnout nods approvingly, but scratches his chin in thought.

"Coast not empty. Glee lead food hunting expedition when she get here. Kizurin not found? Must find for food. Has only cookpot.

Need scout deeper. Natives not appreciate intrusion."

"We'll be wanting to find high ground and higher trees," Salty Pete suggests. "Won't do to get caught in the open when things dry out. Doron's unaccounted for neither, and there's none better to hew lumber."

Longsnout snorts and crosses his arms, apparently considering his options.

Purple Group
Reed and Kizurin trudge northwest for two hours.

Reed Perception: [6][5]+4 = 15

There's few signs of life out here, but Reed picks up footprints in the wet sand. They're reptilian-looking, and the gait is a weird mixture of springy and decrepit, all of which matches Gummy, the ship's lizalfos surgeon, to a T. There's also the occasional small, odd set of markings nearby which you think might be from Diamond Glee, the ship's fairy smuggler (as in, smuggler who is a fairy, though she has also indicated willingness and experience smuggling fairies for an appropriate fee). Echoes isn't so rambunctious in landing.

The tracks lead northwest along the shore, where Reed and Kizurin were heading anyway, but it's reassuring to see that they're approaching (or at least following) at least one other survivor (or convincing imposter).

Solun
Solun notes that there's plenty of driftwood and debris to build a bonfire from, but that he lacks appropriate tools to chop it up properly. He may certainly do so anyway, but it would make him hungry and be less efficient than if he had a proper saw.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 05:41:07 pm by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2021, 06:22:05 pm »

Solun notes that there's plenty of driftwood and debris to build a bonfire from, but that he lacks appropriate tools to chop it up properly. He may certainly do so anyway, but it would make him hungry and be less efficient than if he had a proper saw.
Solun considered setting up the bonfire - and why did it matter if you could chop it up when all that was really important was that it burned and made smoke? - but as it seemed the group would be moving soon, he elected to simply enlist a few of his fellow castaways to help carry what wood they could gather so they could make the bonfire wherever they stopped.

Spoiler: Solun the Craftsman (click to show/hide)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked in the Wild [3rd Hour of Morning, Day 1]
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2021, 06:54:34 pm »

Isha spies the other Shiekah and immediately runs over to her, seemingly trying to hide in the woman's shadow.
"Fenil! I'm so glad to see you! Are you alright? Were you hurt at all in the wreck? I'm so sorry for bringing you here! This is my fault!"

Observe the people gathered here and try to get a measure of the current mood.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2021, 11:15:00 pm »

Reed blinks to himself after a moment of staring at the sand, and then realizes he's being left behind and breaks into a more hasty pace to catch up with Kizurin. "Hey, miss Kizurin? There's footprints in the sand. See, there's Gummy's prints, and those look like Diamond Glee's uh... flutterprints? Landing points? That means we're going the right direction! Or at least the direction they were headed in."

Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2021, 11:42:27 pm »

Slightly confused at having wound up in the middle of the big group after running after the flare, Inade looks around at the surrounding people, specifically at those who aren't part of the crew.
"I'm guessing one of you shot that flare off earlier? I agree with the good captain, we need to gather all the survivors together if we're going to get off this island. Shall we set this as the rally point for everyone to meet? If so, somebody capable of shooting flares should stay here so we can find our way back with the others."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2021, 12:19:52 am »

Isha spies the other Shiekah and immediately runs over to her, seemingly trying to hide in the woman's shadow.
"Fenil! I'm so glad to see you! Are you alright? Were you hurt at all in the wreck? I'm so sorry for bringing you here! This is my fault!"

Fenil stiffens a little as Isha runs up, taking a step back and turning keep facing the younger sheikah.

"...I am fine, Isha.  I am a healer."  She pauses, then a worried look crosses over her face.  "And how about you?  You seem shaken, did anything happen after the crash?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2021, 12:30:39 am »

Isha shakes her head, as much to clear her thoughts as to indicate in the negative.
"Er, no, not after the wreck, no. I was in a shipwreck, though! It was really scary! I could have drowned!...

Uh, I guess I didn't drown though. And it looks like everyone around here is fine, so it's, uh, fine."

She forces a smile.
"T-that's right! We're fine, and we're going to find the rest of the crew, and everything's going to be alright."

Isha takes a deep breath and sits down in the sand.
"We're going to be fine, I'm going to be fine. Goddesses, protect me."

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2021, 12:39:09 am »

Continue walking, but keep eyes out for anything interesting or useful as I go along.

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2021, 12:47:37 am »

Fenil sighs quietly, then sits down next to Isha.  "It'll be alright.  This... kind of thing is rare, but it happens.  Look around at the crew; they know what to do.  Once everyone is together, the crew will seek out food, and shelter, and after that we'll begin to plan our return to civilization.  In the meantime..."

Fenil gestures at the ground in front of them, and a tangle of dry, thorny brambles sprouts from a sand, curling in on each other.  Then without a moment's hesitation, she sends a fireball into the center of the brambles, lighting them afire.  "...Relax, and wait until you dry off.  It'll be easier to think, once you're calm and warm."

Sit down with Isha, and use dark brambles to summon some vegetation in front of us.  Then set it on fire, to make a makeshift little campfire.  This only spends four MP.  A brushfire tile lasts for five minutes, and thorns only cost 1 MP to resummon, so Fenil will just resummon thorns to extend the duration until she and Isha are dry and calm.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2021, 04:44:23 pm »

1st Hour of Afternoon, Day 1

Red Group
Another three hours pass, and almost everybody arrives at the same spot. The only ones missing are Doron the Goron, also known as Doron the Fluffy, the ship's clothier and general crafter; Archeologist, the appropriately named subrosian archeologist and professional question-asker; and Arquen, the scarred hylian captain.

Solun considered setting up the bonfire - and why did it matter if you could chop it up when all that was really important was that it burned and made smoke? - but as it seemed the group would be moving soon, he elected to simply enlist a few of his fellow castaways to help carry what wood they could gather so they could make the bonfire wherever they stopped.
You try to order a bunch of pirates to gather wood, but the cap'n waggles a thick finger at you.

"First rule of command: Food first. Hungry workers unhappy workers."

You settle for scooping up a single unit of Rank 0 Wood and stuffing it in your pack.

Observe the people gathered here and try to get a measure of the current mood.
Insight: [4][5]+3 = 12

The rank n file seem kinda mindless, just sorta milling about waiting for somebody more ambitious to give them orders or fix everything. The command crew are a bit more varied but seem well enough: The gold octorok seems agitated and squishes around a lot, Gummy seems to be enjoying himself, the fairy is flitting around looking for something, Nakroriamus is nodding profoundly.

The captain and Salty Pete, on the other hand, both seem restless. Satly Pete was always kind of a shifty guy, but he's especially prone to glaring around at the landscape with his one remaining eye. The captain looks a lot more relaxed at first glance, but he keeps balling his fists now and then.

Your fellow passengers are a bit harder to generalize, though they don't seem to have the calm of an existing command structure or reliable comrades.

Fenil sighs quietly, then sits down next to Isha.  "It'll be alright.  This... kind of thing is rare, but it happens.  Look around at the crew; they know what to do.  Once everyone is together, the crew will seek out food, and shelter, and after that we'll begin to plan our return to civilization.  In the meantime..."

Fenil gestures at the ground in front of them, and a tangle of dry, thorny brambles sprouts from a sand, curling in on each other.  Then without a moment's hesitation, she sends a fireball into the center of the brambles, lighting them afire.  "...Relax, and wait until you dry off.  It'll be easier to think, once you're calm and warm."

Sit down with Isha, and use dark brambles to summon some vegetation in front of us.  Then set it on fire, to make a makeshift little campfire.  This only spends four MP.  A brushfire tile lasts for five minutes, and thorns only cost 1 MP to resummon, so Fenil will just resummon thorns to extend the duration until she and Isha are dry and calm.
You make a nice drying fire more or less for free, though adding fuel every five minutes is a bit of a pain.

With almost everyone accounted for and most of his command crew adjacent, the cap'n begins making plans.

"Night soon, need shelter.

Kizzy, half corsairs. Glee, half corsairs,"
he says, gesturing south and west down the beach, respectively. "Find others, bring back. Rest with me. Head inland, find natives. Punch."

He emphasizes the last word with an oversized fist into his oversized palm.

Kizurin whistles to get her gang's attention and takes off back the way she came. Diamond Glee makes some crass remarks about her minions to herd them along the other direction.

Cap'n Longsnout and the remainder of the pirates start trudging inland, leaving the passengers to figure out their own course of action.

Orange Group
Continue walking, but keep eyes out for anything interesting or useful as I go along.
You spend another three hours making it over some more beach and another stretch of rocks, but still see no sign of anyone else or anything particularly interesting. Your chattering companion would disagree with that last sentiment.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10