Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Zelda: Shipwrecked [1st Hour of Morning, Day 3: Victory Jingle]  (Read 9130 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked in the Wild [1st Hour of Afternoon, Day 1]
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2021, 12:46:44 am »

Oh great, crabs. I recommend not getting hit by the necromantic abominations if you can manage it, we don't really want to waste time patching up wounds.

Unlike the oh-so-distracted Archeologist who evidently hasn't realized that we're being attacked by crabs, I would like to fight the crabs. Let's start by trying to burst the Soak like a bubble. I'll shoot it from my full (8 tile, I think?) bow range and then use my movement to stay at my maximum range, because kiting in plate armor is hilarious.

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked in the Wild [1st Hour of Night, Day 1]
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2021, 12:50:36 am »

Battle of the Crabs, Turn 1

Red Group

Fenil summons dark brambles in front of one crab swarm, while Reed fires bolts at the Soaker.

To-Hit: [3][1]+2+3 = 9 vs 11, miss!

The bolts strike the ground around the crab, throwing up impressive showers of sand but little more. Everyone else repositions or readies themselves.

...except Solun, who hurls a boomerang at the soaker. 7 - 6 = 1 Damage.

The crabs shamble into action. The shambler and render to the west both charge towards Inade, rendering themselves Off-Balance (cannot use Reactions) in the process.

Shambler: [4][1]+8 = 13 vs 6, hit! 11 - 10 = 1 Damage!
Render: [4][1]+7 = 12 vs 6, hit! 11 - 10 = 1 Damage!

Both screeching abominations slam into their victim with horrifying force, eliciting a pair of dull dings from the gargantuan knight's armored legs.

The southwest swarm has considerably more luck with the brambles, scrabbling forward and hacking them apart in a fenzy of claws. They continue pouring over themselves to get at the delicious treats beyond. All brambles destroyed.

The southeastern shambler charges Solun, likewise becoming Off-Balance (cannot use Reactions), while the southeastern soaker shuffles forward and then returns fire at Reed. The stream of water ricochets off the kokiri and hits Solun as well.

Shambler: [5][4]+8 = 17 vs 11, hit! 11 - 5 = 6 Damage. Solun parries (-50%), 3 Damage!
Soaker vs Reed: 11 - 0 = 11 Damage! [6][1]+4 = 11 vs 12 Vitality, secondary effect misses!
Soaker vs Solun: 11 - 5 = 6 Damage! [1][6]+4 = 11 vs 12 Vitality, secondary effect misses!

Neither is Soaked from being hit by an aggressive stream of water, at least.

Finally, the eastern crab swarm scurries forward, sprinting but unable to close the distance.

Spoiler: Red Group Battlemap (click to show/hide)

Yellow Group

Arquen steps a tile southwest, fires on the soaker crab, and then skeddadles.

[3][6]+4+4 = 17 vs 11, hit! 11 - 6 = 5 Damage!

The crab, none too amused, responds by shuffling forward a bit and firing a stream of water at Arquen's distracted comrade instead.

[4][2]+5 = 11 vs 10, hit! 11 - 0 = 11 Damage! Vulnerability to Water: +4 Damage!

The diminutive scholar is flattened instantly by the barrage, rolling through the sand like a ragdoll.

The shambler rushes towards the remaining threat, but can't make it all the way there.

Spoiler: Yellow Group Battlemap (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 12:37:39 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2021, 12:59:10 am »

Solun takes a step forward (moves 1 square down on the map) before lobbing his boomerang at the soak crab. (Note: Windup Strike, and the boomerang comes back to me.)

Undead crabs. Who came up with this? Who thought this was a good idea?

Spoiler: Solun the Craftsman (click to show/hide)

EDIT: ...hello there, turn.

EDIT2: Current status of Solun is Helpless, with 0 HP.

EDIT3: I'd like to request a parry against the shambler.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 10:50:03 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked in the Wild [Battle of the Crabs, Turn 1]
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2021, 01:38:16 am »

Taunt the Render, giving it a -2 to its stuff with absolutely no negative consequences whatsoever!
Then step Northeast and move 5 North.

Oh yeah, and use the Parry reaction if I'm attacked in melee. Obviously.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 06:00:24 am by Egan_BW »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2021, 01:39:30 am »

((I asked Irony, and he decided to rule that Dark Brambles returns bound mana if destroyed by light/sharp, rather than fire damage.  The rulebook was ambiguous on this.

Also, Irony says we can go up.))

"Damn.  Everyone!  Flee north!  Parting shots, hit the ranged one if you can!"

Fire a Zola's fireball at the Soak.  9+5+(0.5*1)=14.5 damage, rounds up to 15.  Then move six tiles upward.

And parry, if melee'd.  Nope!  Egan pointed out that since staves are arcane weapons, not melee weapons, they can't parry.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2021, 09:59:01 am »

"Ha! I will not flee from fleas!"
Push-off kick from the render, then move back in one space and attack it from one space away with my spear. Then move back to cover the less armoured ones.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 10:04:07 am by Remalle »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked in the Wild [1st Hour of Afternoon, Day 1]
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2021, 04:10:57 pm »

Yep, that is exactly what I suggested you not do. Good job.

Fire at the Shamble and then leave with maximum GETMEOUTTAHERE to the north.

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2021, 12:03:18 am »

Reed, taking in the results of his attack and the counterattack made by the crabs alike, considers the available data and comes to a conclusion. "Right. Time to leave." With that conclusion reached, Reed moves at full speed northwards after throwing a Wizrobe's Wave at the Soak doing what should be, assuming I understand this system, ten typeless damage to it.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 03:26:24 am by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2021, 01:08:02 am »

((...Okay, Happery, I usually try not to micromanage other people, but that's a really really bad action.  First, healing yourself with fairy's light is a bad idea on multiple levels.  It contributes nothing to your ability to survive, since everything we've seen attack does enough damage to oneshot you whether you have 5 or 3 HP, and secondly, it actively makes you easier to kill, because you have a feat which gives you an effective +2 to dodge when at 3 or less HP.  On top of that, it doesn't contribute to the fight; if you instead use Wizzrobe's wave on the soak, between your attack and mine we'd guarantee a kill on the only ranged unit, unless it has fire resist--and even then it'd be close to death.

If you want to selfishly survive, sprint 12 north so you're out of range of any attacks.  If you want to minimize our total losses, help kill the enemy mage.))

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2021, 03:54:19 am »

(Fair enough point on the 'shoot the Soak', but in terms of Fairy's Light, uh... actually, healing me by two HP leaves me at three, which is exactly 25% of my health so Clutch Dodger would still be in effect. Also a fair point on the 'if it hits you will still die' thing though. I'll edit to Waving the Soak.)
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2021, 05:54:12 am »

((That should be enough guaranteed damage to kill the Soak, so I'll change my action to something else. Again.))

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2021, 10:49:34 pm »

Solun staggers back a bit after parrying the shambling husk's strike, before reeling after a massive blast of water to his gut.
We need to get the fuck out of here. My boomerang did nothing to that thing.
Following his own advice, Solun grits his teeth through the pain he's in, stows his weapon, and sprints 12 spaces north.

Spoiler: Solun the Craftsman (click to show/hide)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2021, 05:10:22 pm »

Crab Disaster, Continued

Red Team

Isha blows raspberries at the render crab, then runs for it. [3][5]+3+3 = 14 vs 12 Concentration, hit! The crab screeches in unholy rage. Isha is now Distracting the Render: All foes other than Isha are Hard To Hit (-2 to accuracy rolls, spells and techniques no longer autohit).

Fenil hurls a fireball at the soaker before fleeing. 15 - 6 = 9 Damage. It is badly charred but continues to stand.

Inade kicks off the render, landing heavily before lunging forward again. [6][4]+2+5 = 17 vs 11 Evasion, hit! 10-8 = 2 Damage!

Reed hurls a spell at the soaker, finally bursting what's left of it like a water balloon. The sand around it is soaked and turns to quicksand. Soaker slain! He and Solun then book it north.

The two shamblers lunge at Inade with their menacing claws.

Left Shambler: Threatening Blow: 11-10 = 1 Damage! [3][6]+4 = 13 vs 12 Concentration, hit! Inade and Fenil are now Distracted by the leftmost Shambler.
Right Shambler: Threatening Blow: 11-10 = 1 Damage! [4][1]+4 = 9 vs 12 Concentration, no effect!

The render screeches in rage at Isha, then lunges furiously at Inade anyway. Claw Frenzy: [5][2]+5-2 = 11 vs 6 Evasion, Hit! [1][1]+5-2 = 5 vs 6 Evasion, miss! 11-10 = 1 Damage!

Despite its relentless assault, it somehow manages to completely miss the huge knight with half of its attacks.

The swarms then move in to feast.

The left one scurries towards Inade, largely blocked by the larger crabs, but a few pour through. Weigh Down: 5-10 = 1 Damage! [6][1]+4 = 11 vs 14 Vitality, miss! The knight is once against dinged by innumerable tiny crab claws, but their attempts to impede the zora's movement fails.

The right one flows towards the rest, particularly seeming to eye Reed, but their small, shambling legs can only carry them so fast.

Spoiler: Red Battlemap (click to show/hide)

Yellow Team

Arquen fires at the shambler. [3][3]+4+4+1 = 15 vs 9 Evasion, hit! 11 - 10 = 1 Damage!

The arrow plinks nearly harmlessly off its thick hide. You run for it. The crabs follow.

Spoiler: Yellow Battlemap (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked in the Wild [Crab Disaster, Continued]
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2021, 05:28:15 pm »

Alright, the enemy no longer has ranged units, and all move slower than us. I propose that we can now safely sprint away until we're just out of their charge range (8 tiles) and pelt them with 1 damage rocks until they succumb, being dumb crab zombies which don't know how to outmaneuver us. This plan is safe and reliable, but might take a few turns.
So, autoresolve please? :3

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10