Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden Gaiden: Barracks (Travel Phase)  (Read 7737 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kraken, L

Kraken looks down at the rounds himself, giving a slight nod as he pulls the first of the rounds out of it's belt and allowing L to see it closer. With the opportunity for inspection she'd note that it's fairly normal until looking towards the bottom of the bullet itself which is clearly modified in some way. "These are what I call Nodens rounds. They're technically experimental, but their purpose is that when an enemy has been spotted either visually myself or by an ally through a cameral of some kind they can automatically lock onto them even through some surfaces. Mostly it's good for alleviating accuracy loss from standard deviation and recoil at typical ranges for me. Got put together as a collaboration between Rainbow 6 and Nighthaven, and I got given it because the bullets and my gun needed the least modification to put together.... And well, I have a bad habit of uh, spraying and praying.... Works like a charm though!" With his explanation done, Kraken carefully puts the bullet back in it's loop, which does look slightly comical with how large the man's fingers are for the task.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L, Kraken

"Uh-huh." Her tone sounded rather dubious. "If it works, I guess, but guided ammo seems like more trouble than it's worth." She shrugged. "Not that I'd really know. I'd guess some spec ops team would be more on top of this than me." L still didn't sound convinced of the practicality, but also had little interest in actually debating the topic. She glanced back behind herself, and the ruined bed reminded her of why she'd gotten up in the first place. "I still need to find a place to relax for a bit, and something tells me a barracks isn't actually going to be good for that. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kraken, L

The man almost looked pouty when L casts some doubt upon his claims, but doesn't say anything. He figured he'd just have to prove its use the easy way. The hard way of course being those complicated diagrams and math equations that Mira showed him regarding the project. He fondly remembered his confusion at the astounding amount of technobabble she spouted to him before he finally was allowed to touch his now treasured gun.... Well, that was then, now he just had to worry about trying to assist with the bedding situation. After a moment of thought he looked down the way he hadn't come from in the hall. "Well, if there's barracks like these there has to be an officer's quarters right? So if you find those, it's likely to be more private and you don't get dumbasses like me stumbling in!"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L, Kraken

L suddenly found the floor interesting when she noted Kraken's reaction to her commentary. Fortunately, another new topic had presented itself, and she could move past the offense she'd made to the weapon the man (presumably) prized. "Probably. I might have to go looking for that." She sighed. "It's not actually a big deal. I'm used to going without sleep, I just complain too much." L waved a dismissive hand. "I'm not going to report you to your commanding officer or anything. If she's even here, which doesn't seem likely."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kraken, L

Kraken seems to think for a moment before shaking his head. "Nah, I doubt command would have been any closer than nessesary on that mission.... But I really do feel bad for waking you up! Maybe later I could fix you something tasty later? It's not much but I do take pride in my cooking being at least above average!" He puffs out his chest a little, as he speaks, his own pride getting him a bit hyped up at the thought. After a moment he nods stepping aside. "But yeah, I'll stop bothering you. Nice to meet you L!"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L, Kraken

The girl's face immediately perked up at the mention of free food, the prospect pulling her out of her awkwardness. "Yeah. I'll see you later. I suck at cooking, so it'll be nice to eat something decent." She stretched her arms over her head, leaning backward and sighing slightly as she did. "For now, though, I'm going to see if I can pass out somewhere and not wake up dead or worse." With a nod, she headed out of the room and the barracks area entirely, searching for a place to lay her head.
GM of Trespassers V2.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile

Mira

With her armor and sword repaired and ready for her next deployment, Mira stood up from her smithing site, clipping her sword onto her armor's waist as she turned and marched out of the barracks. Now that she was in proper condition, she just needed to wait for the next mission. Best way to spend her time was to ensure that the castle was secure, as useless as it was considering where the castle tended to be.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Fable leaned back against the wall as Navin spoke about the Earth, and the various regions? States? Contained inside of it. The masked figure taking a moment to try and remember exactly where they had heard the term 'India' before, until their mind finally settles on a puddle of random trivia, and what little relevant information they could glean from the history classes they had never saw the point in taking until now. "Ah I see. I'm afraid that the 'India' of my world is long gone, or at least the country named 'India'. There's probably a couple hundred colonies named India number whatever out there that's full of Mhasalkars, for the same reason why there's a couple dozen Japans and at least nine Chinas. And perhaps whatever force is responsible for bringing us here has a preference for worlds that contain the Earth? Or Earth like worlds. Can't say I've seen more than one or two of those in my own travels, and that's counting my world."

Navin scratched at his head for a moment more before shrugging. "I suspect that that particular mystery is one that we will not get an answer to for some time, if we ever do. There is still a very great deal that none of us know - although I am not one of the most senior members of the team, I am somewhat close, and I can tell that I have barely even scratched the surface of this conflict. Still, I suppose it could be much worse; having some idea of what we are fighting is certainly better than having none."

"I suppose it is worth asking, then, as you assimilate into our team: what is your skillset? I am an experienced superhero, meaning that I am typically able to act even in particular odd scenarios, and in terms of combat, I am skilled at unarmed combat, with this being either very destructive or mostly non-lethal depending on if and how I use my power. I get more versatile use than most expect out of the explosions from my hands, but it does of course require care to use that nonlethally."

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Navin scratched at his head for a moment more before shrugging. "I suspect that that particular mystery is one that we will not get an answer to for some time, if we ever do. There is still a very great deal that none of us know - although I am not one of the most senior members of the team, I am somewhat close, and I can tell that I have barely even scratched the surface of this conflict. Still, I suppose it could be much worse; having some idea of what we are fighting is certainly better than having none."

"I suppose it is worth asking, then, as you assimilate into our team: what is your skillset? I am an experienced superhero, meaning that I am typically able to act even in particular odd scenarios, and in terms of combat, I am skilled at unarmed combat, with this being either very destructive or mostly non-lethal depending on if and how I use my power. I get more versatile use than most expect out of the explosions from my hands, but it does of course require care to use that nonlethally."
"Who knows, maybe if we kill enough Trespassers, we might get to meet the people who brought us here, and finally get some answers," The masked rider opined, as their left hand slowly moves up to stroke the 'chin' of their helmet. "As for my skills. Well, I used to be an accountant before the war, but something tells me that I wasn't recruited to help this lot skate by an audit... especially since we're not getting paid for any of this are we?"

Fable's left hand suddenly moves in a sweeping motion, as if brushing that matter away before she continued with, "But that was a long time ago, these days I'm a little more used to sneaking around on a battlefield than working in an office. And while I'm not an expert on spacecraft either, I've been in enough of them to known enough to get by."

"And when it comes to powers well, I don't have anything as flashy as projecting explosions from my bare hands, but even without my vital driver, I think I can hold my own in a hand to hand fight. But with it well, let's just say that it would take a lot to keep me down and out for the count."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 09:07:36 am by cronos5010 »
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deciding to go explore on his own for a while as well, Kraken leaves the Barracks.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Navin seemed to have been tripped over a bit by Fable's admission of being an accountant and then asking about pay, as he sputtered for a moment before a hearty laugh actually broke out of the man, a deep and mirthful thing that reverberated out of his chest and contrasted with his normally soft voice. "Ah, ah... oh dear. My apologies. No, I am afraid that we are not getting paid, and as of yet we have not found a usage for the great art of accounting. It is worth noting, though, that we have stumbled into possession of quite a few things that are likely quite valuable, so who knows?"

"Skill in spacecraft and stealth, however, I do expect to be potentially useful, and, well... assuming you are like my henshin comrades, I am sure that the strength and toughness you are capable of putting out in your kamen rider form will position you to be a very useful member of the team. I look forward to working with you, Fable."

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Navin seemed to have been tripped over a bit by Fable's admission of being an accountant and then asking about pay, as he sputtered for a moment before a hearty laugh actually broke out of the man, a deep and mirthful thing that reverberated out of his chest and contrasted with his normally soft voice. "Ah, ah... oh dear. My apologies. No, I am afraid that we are not getting paid, and as of yet we have not found a usage for the great art of accounting. It is worth noting, though, that we have stumbled into possession of quite a few things that are likely quite valuable, so who knows?"

"Skill in spacecraft and stealth, however, I do expect to be potentially useful, and, well... assuming you are like my henshin comrades, I am sure that the strength and toughness you are capable of putting out in your kamen rider form will position you to be a very useful member of the team. I look forward to working with you, Fable."
Fable for her part, simply let out a slightly awkward sounding laugh in response to match Navin's in intensity, if not tone. The masked rider taking a step back as the other speaks, before she unceremoniously presses a button on her belt, causing a sudden gust of pressurized air to burst forth from her helmet, and a gray mist to roll over her body. The obscuring mist hiding her away from view for just long enough to remove her helmet and shiny gauntlets, and tuck it away inside of a suspiciously metallic bag.  "Well, you never know, maybe the residents of the next world might actually want to pay their saviors in cash instead of raw material. Either way though, I'm looking forward to working with you too Navin."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Ah, well, we would probably not want to be carrying around some one world's currency awkwardly into another, anyway - we will just have to keep making it one way or another, as we always seem to." Navin shrugs a little. "We do what we must, of course - but, well, we have all always had to do that even before this. It is just... a new set of places, and a new set of people, and a new set of problems, I suppose. Welcome to ours." He looked out at the halls towards the rest of the barracks, or towards the other parts of the castle, thinking for a moment. "Now, then, Kamen Rider Fable, with everything cleared up, you should probably go meet some of the other members of our not-so-little group. I probably should not be your only point of contact, after all."

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile

Cell

After the adventure from the strange world and islands of Mata Nui Cell found himself moving through the castle towards the large stoked forges he'd spied on his last visit.  He stepped into the room with some racket, still getting used to the sound of servos and metal plates making up his new form.  He wanders to one of the workshop tables and begins unburdening himself of the many materials and items he'd collected so that he could better get to work.  A large disk and a glowing orb make their way to the table, along with 7 brushed steel masks almost all of which are coved in rust.  He drops a burlap sack of roughly potato size items on the ground next to his red shield, and sets another smaller ash stained pouch on the table.  Finally he drops a bulbous severed tail on the table, covered in droplet like scales that still hum with energy.

He moves to the forge, examining the hardened "pieces" of hellfire that make up the inside the it.  Hoping it will be enough her finds a suitable crucible for it and brings it to the table where the masks rest.  He gets to work with on of the rusted masks, attempting to break it small enough to be melted in the forge.
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: [IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden Gaiden: Barracks (Travel Phase)
« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2021, 12:13:54 pm »

Rory

The youkai lazily floated behind the hunter, keeping up regardless of the pace he set along the way. She'd ceased commenting on the decor, seemingly lost in thought about something. When they arrived, her eyes assessed the room in a blink, before their mischievous gaze returned to Rory. "This should do. I'll allow you to work the forge; now, where would you like your blessing? Choose carefully; one such as me rarely gives such a thing out for free." Yukari gave a small, but sinister smile with this last.
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10