Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden Gaiden: Barracks (Travel Phase)  (Read 7733 times)

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Navin, Hibiki

Navin took Hibiki's invitation for a handshake, revealing strength that was powerful but within human bounds. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Kamen Rider Fable. Believe it or not, you are not the first person I have met to call themselves a Kamen Rider - I have worked with Japanese heroes who took similar monikers." Of course, there was interplay with fictional characters there, but considering that Navin's best friend was a Bollywood actor that took his most famous role for his crimefighting, Navin couldn't judge. "As for my title, people sometimes call me the Flame of Maharashtra." He paused and then his expression turned a bit sheepish. "I remain unsure how to feel about that, though - it is nationalist posturing, to a large degree. I usually just have people call me by my name - Navin Mhasalkar."

There was a brief pause of contemplation. "I will repeat that I am willing to demonstrate my abilities to provide some proof, but I am also willing to describe my world in some detail, if the concern is that I am taking from your memories. I am sure there are many aspects of my particular world that you would be unfamiliar. If not that... mm, well, if you simply stay with us until we embark on our next missions, they will prove it on their own."
Navin, Hibiki
Fable's handshake in comparison was surprisingly gentle despite their little display of strength much earlier. "Oho? Other Riders? Really now? Mhasalkar, you do realize that the chances of our worlds sharing the same overly specific concept; right down to the name itself is almost infinitesimal don't you?" Fable lets their hand slowly slide out of Navin's grasp as they take a couple of steps back towards the wall, "Ahhh, but really, that little bit of awkwardness alone is almost enough to make me believe that you're human, almost."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Kraken, Kyou, Lyra

Lyra nodded, smiling a little. A little easy to rile up, sure, but Kyou did have a few good points. "I feel like if the Trespassers could do something like that, we wouldn't even be having this conversation... but I suppose a meeting is worth a try. If you like, I could go around asking everyone to gather somewhere. Maybe the dining area? Plenty of space, big tables... that's as good a meeting place as any."

As she spoke, the contractor was trying to ignore the sinking feeling she was getting in her gut. Of the last time she tried to get close to a group. With connections brought vulnerabilities... and with those...

Lyra shook her head, trying to ward away the memories. "So, should I go try to nag the others to join this little meeting you're going to set up?" At the very least, doing so would help Lyra get familiar with the ship and the other people she'd be working with.

Kyou, Lyra.

"Well, if ya want to. I ain't one to impose. I doubt that most people would even bother show up, but it's worth a try." The porcelain bows deeply and once more the kite-like bird hops along its back with practiced ease. This time the bird also bows, though not as formally or politely, before jumping up into the air with a squawk. Together they take their leave of Lyra and set out to find where this dinning room actually is before telling everyone about their plans. It would be very silly if Kyou got lost while everyone was waiting for it.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Lyra

The contractor simply nodded at the request. She supposed it wouldn't hurt to at least try. It would also help her meet the other people she'd be working with. Speaking of which...

Lyra walked over to where Mira was working, taking a moment to see what the warrior was doing before speaking. "Mira. How I treated you earlier was wrong of me. I shouldn't have criticized you for behavior that I myself was engaging in."

A bit blunt, but Mira didn't seem like the type to appreciate flowery language.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile

Mira

When the Contractor returned, Mira was currently in the midst of using her Magra to fuse the large gashes in her armor back together, keeping a hand rested over her chest as it did its work, "Don't bother apologizing. I've heard many complaints like that before. Never cared then, don't care now" she replied, barely lifting her gaze to Lyra as she said so.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Lyra, Mira

"Then I suppose you don't care much for praise? 'Cause I have to say, you did well against that figure earlier." Lyra looked over at the work Mira was doing and frowned. "You know, I could teach you to patch that up without using magic. Could help if you find yourself in a situation where you can't use it. Think of it is me thanking you in a more meaningful way."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Navin, Hibiki
Fable's handshake in comparison was surprisingly gentle despite their little display of strength much earlier. "Oho? Other Riders? Really now? Mhasalkar, you do realize that the chances of our worlds sharing the same overly specific concept; right down to the name itself is almost infinitesimal don't you?" Fable lets their hand slowly slide out of Navin's grasp as they take a couple of steps back towards the wall, "Ahhh, but really, that little bit of awkwardness alone is almost enough to make me believe that you're human, almost."

Navin winces at the terribly awkward disengage from the handshake - he didn't need to be fantastic at social interactions to pick up on a bit of awkwardness like that, that was for sure. He scratched the back of his head a bit. "Yes, err... it is likely not a coincidence. This does not appear to be the case for everyone, as the worlds of some here seem to have no relation whatsoever to it, but quite a few worlds do seem to have an Earth. These worlds, however, are different enough to likely not just be alternate timelines. I will admit I am not quite sure why Earth is such a central shared point, but I do hail from India on my Earth - Flame of Maharashtra, and all that - and there is also a Japan."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile

Mira, Lyra

"I do what's expected of me. I don't need praise for that" Mira stated as she lifted her hand from her chest, resting it on her knee before finally looking up at Lyra, "... Why are you trying to thank me?"
OOC
IC

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Navin winces at the terribly awkward disengage from the handshake - he didn't need to be fantastic at social interactions to pick up on a bit of awkwardness like that, that was for sure. He scratched the back of his head a bit. "Yes, err... it is likely not a coincidence. This does not appear to be the case for everyone, as the worlds of some here seem to have no relation whatsoever to it, but quite a few worlds do seem to have an Earth. These worlds, however, are different enough to likely not just be alternate timelines. I will admit I am not quite sure why Earth is such a central shared point, but I do hail from India on my Earth - Flame of Maharashtra, and all that - and there is also a Japan."
Fable leaned back against the wall as Navin spoke about the Earth, and the various regions? States? Contained inside of it. The masked figure taking a moment to try and remember exactly where they had heard the term 'India' before, until their mind finally settles on a puddle of random trivia, and what little relevant information they could glean from the history classes they had never saw the point in taking until now. "Ah I see. I'm afraid that the 'India' of my world is long gone, or at least the country named 'India'. There's probably a couple hundred colonies named India number whatever out there that's full of Mhasalkars, for the same reason why there's a couple dozen Japans and at least nine Chinas. And perhaps whatever force is responsible for bringing us here has a preference for worlds that contain the Earth? Or Earth like worlds. Can't say I've seen more than one or two of those in my own travels, and that's counting my world."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Lyra, Mira

Lyra was confused for a moment. This was just what you offered for people. "What kind of question... Never mind. I guess I'm just trying to show gratitude. Be useful and all that... 'Sides, even if you think what you did was nothing, I don't. Why are you so against the idea of being thanked, anyway?"

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile

Mira, Lyra

For a brief moment, Mira simply stared at Lyra, as if choosing her next words carefully. But, after that, she let out a sigh, pushing herself to a standing position, "Forget it, it doesn't matter. I'll be fine with what I have, if I'm not able to use my Magra then I'd likely be dead anyways."
OOC
IC

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Lyra, Mira

Lyra sighed. "All right. Just... I hope we work together again, all right? I think we made a decent team. Oh, and there was this person named Kyou who wanted to try to set up a meeting of some kind in the dining hall area. Figured you might wanna know." With nothing more to say - not that she was sure what she'd said at all had even gotten to the warrior at all - Lyra turned around and left.

The good mood she'd gotten in after crafting the bracelet was beginning to fade. People were probably still thinking of her as the hypocrite who was getting herself hurt... Unsure of what to do to remedy this issue, Lyra began walking off to see the rest of the castle.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

L, Kraken

L gave Kraken a Look at the suggestion she just ignore the destruction of the bed. "I'm definitely not doing that." The girl looked offended at the mere suggestion, but the topic of their activities before they appeared in the castle was enough to drag her back down. "As far as where I was before. . . I don't really know how to answer. It's already foggy in my head. I think I was sort of drifting, trapped in some kind of liminal space between worlds. Sometimes there was just nothing, sometimes there were ghosts. It felt a little bit like I was trying to walk back through my memories, or something, but even that doesn't sound quite right. And before that. . ." L visibly cringed at the thought, though she didn't seem fully aware that she'd done so. "Things happened."
Kraken, L

Kraken was tempted to ask about what happened before that, but after a moment shrugged to himself. If she wanted to talk about it she'd describe it in more detail he was sure.... But that did bring a question to his mind. "Hey, I don't know if this is a personal question but uh... how'd you end up playing the stone to your sword? I mean, not every day you just see someone walking around with your condition... Though I know this chick missing an arm and a leg I think? You wouldn't know it, has some great prosthetics, but I imagine that's pretty close in terms of procedure...." He pauses for a long while in thought before frowning. "On second thought, you uh... probably don't wanna talk about it, sorry."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L, Kraken

L shook her head. "No, it's fine. This isn't even that weird where I'm from, even if it hurt like hell when I got it." Her expression was a faint echo of the one she'd made about "things," but it clearly wasn't the most pleasant memory. "You just take living metal and crystallized virtue, add the right ingredients based on the pattern - mine was Thunder, if you haven't figured that out - then have the sacrifice take your offering and give himself to the metal." She looked down, nodding at the air a bit to the right of Kraken after a moment. "It's not always as bad as it sounds, but Thunder weapons are. . . aggressive." She pursed her lips for a moment before returning to a slightly more neutral expression. "And then it, uh, made room. I was told afterward it took about three hours, and that I'd slapped the hell out of anyone who got close. That's not something that always happens, but I think it was inevitable for someone like me."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kraken, L

The operator nearly said not to worry about explaining once again when he saw the expression but L continued before he could. Kraken listened with rapt attention, mostly because he had zero clue what she was talking about at points and was hoping for context and received none for the majority, but he figured that it'd likely just be worse to ask. After a few moments to consider how to react and coming up with nothing, he just said the first thing to come to his mind. "Wow, that's pretty metal." And he immediately regretted it, as seen by his expression twisting into a grimace.

Quickly, so as to not seem like a complete ass, he continues. "Er, what I mean is I've never heard of anything like that outside of stories and it's kind of cool to know something like that could happen to someone I met. Though I uh, can tell it wasn't nearly as cool for you.... Still uh, beats the hell out of mine." He speaks quickly, trying to plow through before his faux pas could be fully processed and offense fully generated. When indicated, he moves the machine gun forward, allowing L to see the emblem on the side and the bullets with oddly shaped heads attached in a smaller compartment on the side the larger ammunition holder.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L, Kraken

She gave the man another one of those curiously blank looks, staying quiet just long enough to make the man uncomfortable. The silence shattered with a snort of laughter. "Yeah, it's pretty metal, you're right." She chucked again. "No, yeah, it's cool. I sorta dumped that on you out of nowhere, sorry." She peered curiously at the gun when prompted, eyes lingering on the sigil and the atypical ammunition. "What are those for, anyway? The weird rounds, I mean, I don't think I've seen them before."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10