Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden Gaiden: Barracks (Travel Phase)  (Read 7739 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kraken, L

The machine gun toting man blinks a few times, his face a blank stare as he tries to figure out how to react, before he finally looks away. He scratches the back of his head before giving the woman an apologetic (and awkward) look. "R-right, makes sense... I'm uh, really sorry about bothering you, I'll just... Leave." With that, Kraken turns and heads for the door, not wanting to bother her more.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L, Kraken

"No, uh-" L sighed. "Schieße. Sorry. That was rude. It's my fault." She stood up, aiming to follow him if he kept moving. "I've had a long. . . It's been long." She wasn't sure whether to say day, week, month, or year; all of them were probably applicable, and L had very little sense of how long she'd been wandering ever since that fateful day. "I'm just being. . . Look, don't worry about it, I'm the one that didn't control herself and I'll take full responsibility."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kraken, L

The man paused as the woman apolgized turning around with the look of a man who expected to be yelled at. But, the yelling didn't come and his expression loosened into its previous bashfully apologetic one. "Oh no no, it's my fault, I just barged in without knocking and then made a big ol' ruckus while you were trying to sleep!"

Kraken scratches the back of his head giving the impaled woman a smile before continuing. "But yeah, you gave me quite the shock, walking around looking like you're about to power of will your way to kill your nemesis." He chuckles with a hint of nervousness.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L, Kraken

She gave the man a searching look for a moment. "I get the joke, but you're not actually that far off." She looked at an empty space downward and to the right of Kraken, a thoughtful expression occupying her features for a moment. "You guys really don't have holy weapons around here at all, do you? I've never seen people react to-" Her expression blanked for a moment, before she winced in pain. "Ow. Um, I'm used to people who already know about this." A hand rubbed aimlessly at the right side of her head. "Probably means that the answer to whether the name Kallisto means anything to you is 'no.'"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kraken, L

The man thinks for a moment, rubbing his chin before eventually shrugging. "I think that's the chick that was stuck on an island from Greek mythology. But I imagine that's not who you're talking about."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L, Kraken

"I don't know what that is, so probably not, no." She sighed in slight disappointment. "Yeah, I'm really far from home, here. Unless she's going by a different name, but that doesn't seem like something she'd do. Not willingly." A small scowl had formed on her face while she spoke about the topic. "And asking about her is pointless, because she won't be the same." The girl shook her head. "I was sorta hoping you had, you're the most normal-looking person I've run across so far."
GM of Trespassers V2.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kraken, L

The man looks around the room awkwardly for a few seconds, not really knowing how to respond to swordy girl's problem. It'd be easier if this was about terrorism, or anime, or cooking. But it wasn't, and he doubted any of those topics were close to what they were like on this one's world.... Realizing he never introduced himself finally gave him an idea of how to advance in this conversation. "Well, if you describe her maybe I can keep an eye out? I'm Kyle "Kraken" Johnson by the way, Ra- er, former Rainbow Six operator.... given they likely think I'm dead and all."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L, Kraken

"Golden hair, golden eyes, god complex, has a thing for fire, occasionally seen wearing a ribbon like that's actual clothes." She rubbed at her eyes. "Although I'm not sure if it counts as a complex if you really are a god." Her tone made it clear she wasn't expecting to get much out of that. "For now, just call me L. Yes, it's a fake name. No, I know it's paranoid to give one to someone from an entirely different universe."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Navin, Hibiki

Navin crossed his legs, leaning against a wall. "To tell you the blunt truth, I have absolutely no guarantee that we are going to win. Owing to the scale of the conflict involved, we only have the opportunity to see very small slices of the war in which we are participating. However, I do know that we are but one part of what is likely a much, much larger effort, and we have had successes in driving Trespassers out of worlds before. These world had not yet become full battlegrounds, but our ability to even score the victories we have is reassuring. I also have personal reasons to have faith in the efforts of people to fight against apocalypse." He stood up straighter and looked at Hibiki. "It was not a difficult choice to fight this fight, however. Everything I have ever fought to defend is a part of that which I fight to defend now, along with untold billions of other innocent lives. I do not know exactly what your own motivations are, obviously, but once your skepticism fades I will not be surprised if you come to a similar conclusion."

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Navin, Hibiki

The masked figure paces up and down the hallway as Navin speaks, seemingly as interested in the hall's construction and consistency as the armored superhero's speech. Only coming to a slow stop when Navin finishes up his speech, a brief moment passing before the masked figure simply states, "The 'blunt truth' huh?" And turns around to lean against the opposite wall. The masked figure crosses their arms together with their head tilted down to face the floor below them, before they let out an exaggerated sounding sigh. "Weeell, I can't say that I believe you just yet, but if 'uncountable billions of innocent lives' were in danger, then I'd do whatever it takes to protect them too."

The masked figure slowly tilt their head up to face Navin's, as the curved plates on their helmet slowly retract, revealing the large, rounded out dark green tinted 'bug's eye' lenses hidden beneath. The slightly interesting sight distracting a little from their now extended right hand, "After all, I am the Defender of Humanity's future, Kamen Rider Fable."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Navin, Hibiki

Navin took Hibiki's invitation for a handshake, revealing strength that was powerful but within human bounds. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Kamen Rider Fable. Believe it or not, you are not the first person I have met to call themselves a Kamen Rider - I have worked with Japanese heroes who took similar monikers." Of course, there was interplay with fictional characters there, but considering that Navin's best friend was a Bollywood actor that took his most famous role for his crimefighting, Navin couldn't judge. "As for my title, people sometimes call me the Flame of Maharashtra." He paused and then his expression turned a bit sheepish. "I remain unsure how to feel about that, though - it is nationalist posturing, to a large degree. I usually just have people call me by my name - Navin Mhasalkar."

There was a brief pause of contemplation. "I will repeat that I am willing to demonstrate my abilities to provide some proof, but I am also willing to describe my world in some detail, if the concern is that I am taking from your memories. I am sure there are many aspects of my particular world that you would be unfamiliar. If not that... mm, well, if you simply stay with us until we embark on our next missions, they will prove it on their own."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kraken, L

Kraken shrugs at the topic of her name. He figured she wouldn't care for any remarks he had about the gody person anyway. "I mean, you could have just told me to call you L and I wouldn't have thought anything of it. Different universes and all that, why would I question it.... Dammit, I should have come up with a cooler name!" Kraken strikes a fist against his head at the blunder, sighing in annoyance as he lets his arm rest heavily on the gun hanging from its strap.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L, Kraken

"I mean, Kraken's pretty alright." L shrugged back. "Short enough, it's got intimidating connotations, that kind of thing. I guess it's a little corny." L glanced behind herself at the ruined bed and sighed. "Is anyone going to yell at me for that? I have no idea how things work around here yet, I just sort of arrived today." She thought for a moment. "I'm guessing by the way you said 'former operative' earlier that your commander isn't in this place? That'll make asking her for details on everything a harder. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kraken, L

The operator thinks for a moment before shrugging in response to the rating of his name. "I suppose, but you also know my real name and that's not as cool. Means straight or narrow, what's more boring than that?" While Kraken ponders this he looks at the bed at well before shrugging once again. "I don't know, I say just pretend you didn't do it and lie if anyone asks. It doesn't look like it was that nice of a bed to begin with... kind of hard to tell though.... Anyway, yeah this wasn't exactly a planned trip. I was helping assault a compound with ties to the White Masks when I tripped and fell into this weird machine. I floated around a bit in uh... well, it was a bit like being wrapped in a heated blanket but without the blanket part? You know what I mean? Probably not, hard to describe.... Anyway, I got out here next I knew." Kraken sighs a little, thinking about his home bring on bad thoughts again.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L, Kraken

L gave Kraken a Look at the suggestion she just ignore the destruction of the bed. "I'm definitely not doing that." The girl looked offended at the mere suggestion, but the topic of their activities before they appeared in the castle was enough to drag her back down. "As far as where I was before. . . I don't really know how to answer. It's already foggy in my head. I think I was sort of drifting, trapped in some kind of liminal space between worlds. Sometimes there was just nothing, sometimes there were ghosts. It felt a little bit like I was trying to walk back through my memories, or something, but even that doesn't sound quite right. And before that. . ." L visibly cringed at the thought, though she didn't seem fully aware that she'd done so. "Things happened."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10