Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden Gaiden: Barracks (Travel Phase)  (Read 7730 times)

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

L, Utzi

Utzi nods as L answers the question, the horror in his face melting away to empathy. "If enough people die that you need to find ways to record their names permanently, and have tools just for slaying others... it must be a sad place indeed. All the more reason to return and protect those you care about. I could make you some proper weapons to use on your journey back, if you want. It is only fair that I repay you if you are going to teach me the magic of recording words."
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 03:55:44 pm by nuclearwhale »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Kraken, Kyou, Lyra

"Well. If you ain't organized you're just a buncha undisciplined barbarians! And ya know what happens to barbarians." The bird shifted onto one foot and balled its free claw before smacking it against the side of the figure's head. Given the circumstances it didn't have much force behind it, so it tries again and again. As the figure's hand reaches up it hurriedly jumps away. "Alright, alright, I getcha."

After a moment spent preening its feathers, the bird turns its attention back to Lyra. "Look, ya don't even have a way to contact people. What if the Trespassers snuck in here when you weren't looking? I ain't cut out to lead but this is basic stuff! I oughta-" The bird lets out a loud caw and begins hopping around the figure's shoulders and head, stopping only when that hand came up to pet and soothe it. "Is there someplace obvious to have a meeting around here? I figure that if I yell at enough people I can get something organized. Better than nothing, right?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L, Utzi

L gave a slight smile. "Maybe. I could use something less destructive than Perseverance." The smile faded, and she turned to look Utzi in the eye. It almost seemed like something shifted inside it, focusing on the man even more intently. "I do need to say one thing, though. Writing isn't just for remembering the dead. It's so much more." She broke eye contact, seeming relieved to do so. "If you'll excuse me getting overly poetic, writing is the essence of what makes people, people. Speaking to each other through time and space, sharing knowledge, experiences, dreams. Helping each other, making each other's lives better, and leaving those little impressions of who and what you are on everyone who reads what you left behind." She let out a short sigh. "Sorry. I feel strongly about this. There's too much despair in the world, I'm not going to let this be another source."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

L, Utzi

Utzi returns the hardened gaze without so much as a slight flinch. "When I crafted my first speartips, my father pulled me aside. He was a human, and many of his customs were very strange to the wide folk. But there was one lesson that both of our tribes shared."

Reaching behind himself to pull out one of his spears, Utzi continues to speak. The weapon is beautifully crafted, a menacingly sharp obsidian point atop a long shaft made of some variety of light wood, adorned with green and white feathers. "The spear is never to be used on a member of the tribe. I followed that rule. The only men I have ever slain with my spear were intruders onto our lands who disregarded our warnings in an attempt to steal from our hunting grounds. There is power in owning any tool. I can learn to handle one more responsibly."

Uti takes a quick glance down at the sword embedded in L's chest. "I do not think I know anything that would be more dangerous than what the world already has. But I will be sure to double check anything I write with you, just in case."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Kraken, Kyou, Lyra

Lyra nodded, smiling a little. A little easy to rile up, sure, but Kyou did have a few good points. "I feel like if the Trespassers could do something like that, we wouldn't even be having this conversation... but I suppose a meeting is worth a try. If you like, I could go around asking everyone to gather somewhere. Maybe the dining area? Plenty of space, big tables... that's as good a meeting place as any."

As she spoke, the contractor was trying to ignore the sinking feeling she was getting in her gut. Of the last time she tried to get close to a group. With connections brought vulnerabilities... and with those...

Lyra shook her head, trying to ward away the memories. "So, should I go try to nag the others to join this little meeting you're going to set up?" At the very least, doing so would help Lyra get familiar with the ship and the other people she'd be working with.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Navin sighed at her rather pointed behavior... well, this really was going to be more difficult than the last two had been. "I am not, in fact, reading your mind. My superpower is to create explosions from my hands, not to read minds. I have known telepaths before, both as allies and as enemies, but I am not one of them." Navin crossed his arms and looked at the masked figure, trying to radiate firmness even as he actually found the whole situation really just extraordinarily awkward. "Listen, whatever situation you think you are in right now, you are not. I promise you that the situation you are dealing with is not one of your universe, as strong a claim as that might be."

"You have been taken from your world by a multiversal force in order to deal with an overpowering threat to the multiverse, and have been gathered with many different people from many different universes with many different powers in order to combat it. If there is further clarification you need, or some sort of proof that I am not reading your mind and am not lying, I will try my best to provide it."
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 07:51:02 pm by Powder Miner »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L, Utzi

The meister froze for another moment, that blank stare appearing for half a second before she truly responded. "Huh? No, I'm not worried about you writing something dangerous. Although, words have killed far more people than swords and guns ever have." Another distant look, though still more present than the previous, before she continued. "I just don't want anyone to think for a moment that the only reason to write is to remember the dead. It's a good thing to do, but. . . well, I don't know if I'd be here speaking to you if it was the only thing." She shook her head again, loosening the grip of seriousness on her. "Anyway, um, I don't think I have the energy to teach you much right now. I haven't slept in. . ." L trailed off. "I don't remember."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

L, Utzi

Utzi nods. "That is fine. I need to spend some time figuring out what I would like to say for everyone myself, so there is no rush."

Pointing to a nearby door, Utzi continues to speak. "There were some things I think may have been beds in that room. I've slept far more than enough recently myself, so it is not a concern for me."

A low, gurgling rumble erupts from Utzi's chest, and something seems to occur to him. "On a similar note, however, I could probably use something to eat. Do you know where I could find food around here?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L, Utzi

She shook her head (rather more conversationally than before.) "I'm possibly even newer than you here, and I ran out of snacks a while ago." She frowned at her own stomach. "Can't remember when I ate last, either. . . " A small sigh. "Whatever. I'm more tired than hungry. Good luck on finding food, but I'm going to fall on my face if I try to push much further, and that hurts." Arturia moved to the door, opening it with another exhausted sigh. "See you later."
GM of Trespassers V2.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

L, Utzi
Utzi waves goodbye as he finishes the conversation. "Have a good rest. If I see you when you next wake, I will let you know if I found something to eat."

With that, the caveman turns, and walks away to wander the halls in search of sustenance.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Navin sighed at her rather pointed behavior... well, this really was going to be more difficult than the last two had been. "I am not, in fact, reading your mind. My superpower is to create explosions from my hands, not to read minds. I have known telepaths before, both as allies and as enemies, but I am not one of them." Navin crossed his arms and looked at the masked figure, trying to radiate firmness even as he actually found the whole situation really just extraordinarily awkward. "Listen, whatever situation you think you are in right now, you are not. I promise you that the situation you are dealing with is not one of your universe, as strong a claim as that might be."

"You have been taken from your world by a multiversal force in order to deal with an overpowering threat to the multiverse, and have been gathered with many different people from many different universes with many different powers in order to combat it. If there is further clarification you need, or some sort of proof that I am not reading your mind and am not lying, I will try my best to provide it."
The masked figure seems to consider Navin's offer for a moment, before it finally shrugs and says, "You know what, sure. I still think that all of this bullshit, and that you're just feeding me a mixture of my own thoughts and memories, but I'll humor you. Let's say that as unlikely as it sounds, you really are telling the truth. And that there is an entity drafting people to fight against the alien gods, or the 'Trespassers' as you so call them. What makes you think that you can win?"
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kraken, Kyou, Lyra

Lyra nodded, smiling a little. A little easy to rile up, sure, but Kyou did have a few good points. "I feel like if the Trespassers could do something like that, we wouldn't even be having this conversation... but I suppose a meeting is worth a try. If you like, I could go around asking everyone to gather somewhere. Maybe the dining area? Plenty of space, big tables... that's as good a meeting place as any."

As she spoke, the contractor was trying to ignore the sinking feeling she was getting in her gut. Of the last time she tried to get close to a group. With connections brought vulnerabilities... and with those...

Lyra shook her head, trying to ward away the memories. "So, should I go try to nag the others to join this little meeting you're going to set up?" At the very least, doing so would help Lyra get familiar with the ship and the other people she'd be working with.
Kraken, Kyou, Lyra
The operator had been watching the two converse in silence for a while, thinking about how he had similar concerns to the bird. After a bit he just shrugs and half turns away. "Well, a meeting to get some actual structure on in this group does sound like a good idea, but I think right now I'd rather get my bearings about the base so... See y'all whenever it gets called I guess." With a wave goodbye he finishes turning and leaves to wander about the area, peeking into random rooms and looking for signs to figure out how to get to other areas. He finds none of course, which really doesn't help him memorize the layout.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L, Kraken

The operator's searches eventually lead him back to the bedroom in the barracks, where he encountered an unfamiliar stranger lying on her side and looking quite uncomfortable. She'd substituted what appeared to be a mantle for a blanket, but seemed to be having difficulty getting into a comfortable position given the blade sticking out of her back and her need to avoid destroying the bedframe with it.
GM of Trespassers V2.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kraken, L
Stumbling on the sight of a woman impaled through the chest, for rather obvious reasons, sends the operator stumbling back on his ass with a yell. His apparent attempts to further ruin L's rest are aided as he jumps up and runs over, very clearly panicking for a few more moments before he slows to a stop as he realizes there's no real indication of the woman being in distress beyond the sword inside her. It takes him a few awkward seconds to scrape together a response to this turn of events, before he finally lets out a long "um" before finally talking. "Ma'am, are you aware that there's a sword in your chest?" If he wasn't rather confused, he might have kicked himself for the awkward first impression he's surely leaving.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L, Kraken

The only reason L didn't fall off the bed entirely at Kraken's shout was the mentioned sword helpfully getting caught in (and tearing apart) the mattress. Adding to the collateral damage was the brief burst of lightning that lashed out at all the beds nearby, scorching bedposts and blankets alike. Luck (unusually) seemed to be with L, as she cut it off fast enough to avoid blasting anything apart or starting a fire, but the bed she currently occupied was a lost cause. L made a herculean effort to resist the urge to let out a very irritable sigh as she extricated herself from the mess and turned to face the newcomer.

Her reply to Kraken instead came in the form of a flat look and a flatter tone. "No. Someone slipped an arming sword between my tits without me noticing." Her hands came up to meet her head as it dropped, rubbing at her temples for a moment as she tried to calm herself back down. "Do you actually need something or are you just looking for a woman you can get away with bothering?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10