Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden Gaiden: Barracks (Travel Phase)  (Read 7741 times)

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Utzi furrows his brow for a brief second. He doesn't know how many a million years is, but it must be a very large number indeed. "I apologize. I hadn't considered the possibility of your kind being so long-lived. This is a strange place, and it has proven me wrong many times in the short time I've spent here. I'm sure you will accomplish your task, given enough time."

Utzi leans back against the wall and begins to look downward once again. "Appreciate the fact you have a chance of seeing them again. As long as you can find your way back, there is nothing to mourn. "

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L, Lyra, Utzi

The girl faltered for a moment, the fervor that had seized her frame draining away. "I. . . No. 'My kind' doesn't live that long. I might, but I don't actually know. Holy weapons are strange, and that's just the surface." She glanced down at the sword in her chest again, and sighed as she looked back up. There was no actual reason to think she could make it for that long, and yet she almost found herself believing it. "It's. . . an exaggeration, I guess. It's complicated and thinking about it" - her hand reflexively moved up to her head - "makes my head hurt. I'm sorry for your loss, either way."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

L, Lyra, Utzi

Lyra had mostly chosen to keep out of the conversation, wondering what, if anything, she could say.

She'd lost her whole family, too, but...

The contractor shook her head. She had no right to try to console either of these people. Not after the things she'd done.

And so she decided to remain silent, wondering if now wasn't a bad time to leave the two and perhaps apologize to Mira for her behavior or look into helping 6D recover from her injury.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

L, Lyra, Utzi

Utzi shakes his head. "Do not worry about it. I must mourn, but I do not know how they died. I can only hope most of them passed peacefully, of old age, or were trampled honorably by a mammoth. I need to say goodbye, but I am certain they had good lives without me."

Utzi sighs as he glances back up at L. "I have been here for far less than a sun, and I can already tell this place is filled with things beyond my imagination. If all you need to do is return home, that might be doable, provided you know what you are looking for. There is a man in that room who can summon forth the power of the sky from his hands, and a woman somewhere around here who wears the earth like a skin. I do not doubt you can find your way back should you dedicate yourself to it. My people have been gone for too long for me to even guess. The whispers of my captor told me when they died, and even that is so distant I do not recall it. There is nothing that will bring them back. But if yours are still alive, you should not ever stop trying to reach them again. It doesn't have to take a... million years."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L, Lyra, Utzi

"My Queen will be alive when I get there, no matter how long it takes. That, I can say for sure. She might not recognize me at first, but she'll be there." The statement, unlike many of her others, carried no hint of self-reassurance; she believed it as simple fact. "Then. . ." L sighed, expression taking on a wistful cast. "We'll be together. That's all. We can figure it out from there."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Apparently the barracks is a happening place for newcomers as there is a bright flash and loud pop as someone else arrives. A tall, porcelain figure comes tumbling out in a graceful roll before smoothly rising into a combat stance, katana at the ready. The figure's face is fixed into a serene expression, which befits its silence as it scans the room. The black bird which accompanied it is not as serene. It flaps about in the air with obvious distress before landing down on the figure's shoulder. It hops about, looking around with obvious intelligence as it takes in everyone assembled. It lets out a caw before speaking, in a coarse tongue, "You aren't going to attack me, are you? We're all friends here, right?"

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

L, Lyra, Utzi

Utzi notices L's wistful gaze and doesn't respond for a few moments. Eventually, the caveman sighs, and begins to tell a story.

"Good. Use that to drive you forward. One fall, before my time, there was a hunter named Jota who angered an aurochs. The aurochs broke several of his ribs and one of his legs. He was days away from our camp for a healthy hunter, let alone one in his current condition. But, his mate was with child, and he knew he couldn't miss the birth. So he dragged himself back to the camp. The journey took him weeks, as he could make very little progress dragging himself along the ground while also hiding from any bear looking to fatten itself up for the winter. Even though he was gone for weeks longer than he should have, Jota's mate remained positive. She knew the hunter was tough, and he eventually made it back to camp, beaten and bloodied, but alive. The only thing that kept him going was the thought of seeing his mate and child. Without it, he would have surely given up and succumbed to the elements and beasts. He would eventually grow old and become the chieftain before my chieftain, and one of the honored elders of my tribe. Keep that desire with you. It will lead you to do great things."

Utzi smiles a faint, sad smile as he reminisces about the stories of his people, the first he sported since he started talking. "May Jota live on in story and memory."
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 12:19:58 am by nuclearwhale »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Lyra, ? ? ?

Lyra was jolted out of her melancholy by the sudden arrival of... some sort of golem with sword? The contractor slowly raised her hands at the black bird's statement, showing the pair that they were empty.

"Uh, yes, that'd be right. Please put the blade away." After giving the figure the opportunity to sheathe its weapon, Lyra then said, "I'm Lyra Concept. It's nice to meet you."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After a moment the figure straightens up and returns its katana to its sheath. It gives Lyra a respectful bow, the bird on its shoulder hopping up and down the figure's back with casual ease. "Oh boy! It's nice to end up someplace new and not get attacked!" Letting out a joyous ack it continues, "I'm Kyou, nice to meet ya! Uh, you wouldn't happen to know where this is, would ya? It's a strange looking place, let me tell ya. I've seen lotsa strange places and this one is up there! Why-"

The figure reaches up and pinches the bird's beak between thumb and forefinger. The bird's eyes roll about and it lets out a muffled squawk, but once it finally calms down the figure lets go. "Sorry about that! Sometimes I let my mouth get ahead of myself!"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kraken, Kyou
With the flash and then arrival of a new person who didn't sound very friendly, Kraken sighs and turns around. He figured that Navin would be able to handle shark face if she got violent. Seeing the... doll? No, he doesn't know any dolls with a sword. It must be an action figure then. With that astounding use of his degree out of the way, he waves, nodding at the bird's question. "You've been pulled here, with the rest of us, to fight things called Trespassers. They come from the cracks between universes and eat worlds, generally after corrupting and taking over the body of something else."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L, Utzi

"I always liked stories like that." I suppose if he's from very, very long ago, things like that might not have been weird yet. Still, it didn't poison the heart of the story. "There's a reason I named this sword what I did." She mentally filed away the short tale. It wasn't particularly unique - that narrative had been told time and time again, slightly different with each iteration - but that didn't mean it was without value. "Hopefully Jota lives forever. It sounds like he deserves to."
GM of Trespassers V2.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Navin, Hibiki, Kraken

Navin passed a hand through his hair in some level of frustration - although he had expected a new arrival or two when he'd stepped into the barracks in the first place, the whole area was rapidly becoming far more crowded than he'd anticipated. And though he was a celebrity and a public figure, Navin had actually always been quite poor at dealing with crowds, outside of combat. He'd usually pawned the issue off on his comrades when he could, especially his friend Vasu, who had always been much better at dealing with the spotlight, and when he couldn't, it was usually in a village similar to his own - familiar. But this wasn't that comforting, and this time Vasu wasn't around to help him sort it out, and he had begun to flounder.

...still, he could not really afford to just stand around, he suspected. The newest arrival, the power-armored one, struck Navin as a potential Cicivexa situation, and that did merit action. Navin cleared his throat awkwardly, and turned to Kraken as he began to hurry to follow. "Do not worry - she has not physically or magically attacked yet, which does put her ahead of some of the other new arrivals. And we are currently in a scenario where we do not have to worry about her calling any attack in. Still..."

Navin's pace grew brisk as he followed after Hibiki - he was more used to full-on running, but the show of aggression probably wouldn't end well, and he was more than fit enough to manage a good speedwalk anyhow. He made sure to let the timbre of his voice project from his lungs as he called out towards Hibiki - "Hold on a moment!" He continued, a bit more quietly: "Instead of simply wandering around somewhere you did not expect to be and know something about, talking to someone who I would wager is not answering you, would you like to know what is actually going on?"
The masked figure noticeably quickens her pace a little as she explores the castle's halls, and continues to talk at length about its construction, the strange behavior of its seemingly human residents. Along a strange comment about the almost suspiciously human compatible temperature of the castle and its atmosphere according to her helmet's systems. The masked figure seemingly ignoring Navin's presence, until the two were far away enough from the barrack's other residents, and she comes to a very sudden stop. "Yeah, well I'm recording a log. Recording devices tend to not talk back when spoken to," the masked figure firmly states, before they turn around to stare at the humanoid dressed in white armor. "Kind of strange that you don't know that actually, unless you're pretending not to know to make me think that you're not reading my mind."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kraken, Kyou, Lyra

The bird tilts its head and stares at Kraken for a moment. "Is that all? I thought there would be more of fanfare! Soma kinda ceremony or shindig or something. Who is in charge of this operation anyway?"

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Kraken, Kyou, Lyra

Lyra frowned as she realized she really couldn't answer that question. The people who had brought her here didn't seem to be in direct control, and no-one she'd seen so far had anything to suggest they were the leader. "I... don't know. And, well, this isn't exactly the kind of circumstance where we can afford to go through a massive elaborate knighting ceremony or something. If you want to get to know some of the other people you'll be working with, well..." Lyra gestured around the room. "You can go looking around for 'em. They should be all about the ship."

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

L, Utzi
Utzi nods. "I can only hope. It has been a very, very long time since he died. I do not know all the stories of the people many, many generations before me. I am probably the only one who remembers. And now you know as well."

Utzi shakes his head. "They all deserve to have their stories remembered. When I free their spirits to move on, it will be my duty to ensure that their names are carried as far as I can carry them. I can think of no greater honor than to have your name carried to such strange places and people."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10