Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 84338 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 4 is less magical
« Reply #1530 on: March 08, 2021, 08:49:54 am »

In looking up previous games, apparently roles that do not leave the house are informed of that. So I don't know why Icy wouldn't mention this when web says they didn't see them doing anything. Why try to waste thief's action?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: March 08, 2021, 09:20:39 am »

I do have interesting information. I apparently wasn't blocked. So, I've got juicy information.

IcyTea31 is...

Innocent. IcyTea31 did not do anything suspicious last Night, so that pretty much proves it's not IcyTea31. This means it's Caz or TricMagic.

Also, the flip Yesterday doesn't necessarily point towards a Luckyowl convert, but it does leave Persus13, TricMagic, Vector, or Lucky as the Convert.

WHY wouldn't you check Lucky given that the convert has to do the kill?
Three reasons:

1) BluarianKnight being SK does not immediately confirm Luckyowl is the Convert.
2) If IcyTea31 was the Dark Magus, I assumed they would Super Saint their Convert and I would Follow that.
3) I literally said I would Follow IcyTea Yesterday, and while I did consider Following Lucky as a gambit, I also briefly entertained Following ToonyMan or Vector to prove myself but ultimately realized that ToonyMan is dead 9 times out of 10 and Following Vector wasn't exactly gonna do anything to find scum.

So, yes, I did Follow IcyTea31. They didn't kill anyone. They're not the Convert. I thought that I'd be able to see both, but I didn't consider that the Dark Magus might not be trackable.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: March 08, 2021, 09:25:13 am »

1) BluarianKnight being SK does not immediately confirm Luckyowl is the Convert.

So you think LuckyOwl is town now???

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: March 08, 2021, 09:31:07 am »

Am I the only one that remembered we need to get rid of the convert BEFORE the magus??

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: March 08, 2021, 09:39:37 am »

Question, how would someone who checks if graves are disturbed not leave their house to check them?

First good point you made all game.
My ability is passive. The flavour is that I check the graves in the morning right before coming to the trial.

Am I the only one that remembered we need to get rid of the convert BEFORE the magus??
Remind me why. As I understood it, the point of killing the convert is that it forces the scumteam to use their action on killing rather than support...which lynching them does just as well.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: March 08, 2021, 09:41:02 am »

2) If IcyTea31 was the Dark Magus, I assumed they would Super Saint their Convert and I would Follow that.
Why would this be a problem? You'd still catch the killer.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: March 08, 2021, 09:44:47 am »

Remind me why. As I understood it, the point of killing the convert is that it forces the scumteam to use their action on killing rather than support...which lynching them does just as well.
Lynch convert first, DM kills, lynch DM twice to win.
Lynch DM first, convert kills, lynch DM again, convert kills again, lynch convert.

one fewer kill for the wolf team.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: March 08, 2021, 09:56:31 am »

So you think LuckyOwl is town now???
Okay, so basically your comment is a no-win situation unless I saw Luckyowl do the kill. If I swapped to Luckyowl and saw nothing, you'd be yelling at me for swapping away from IcyTea31. I don't really see this as big of a deal as you seem to.

My goal was to remove a potential suspect from both the Dark Magus and the Convert pool. If IcyTea is still the Dark Magus and Luckyowl is their Convert, IcyTea then SSed themselves and Luckyowl is a free elimination without backlash. It is also entirely possible that I forcibly locked down the Devildeal kill by keeping IcyTea31 at home.

Why would this be a problem? You'd still catch the killer.
True, but that's sort of a problem that would be better addressed before the Night starts as opposed to after it ends. If y'all want me to Follow Luckyowl, then it's a lot easier to do so when you say so.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: March 08, 2021, 10:11:39 am »

I do have interesting information. I apparently wasn't blocked. So, I've got juicy information.

IcyTea31 is...

Innocent. IcyTea31 did not do anything suspicious last Night, so that pretty much proves it's not IcyTea31. This means it's Caz or TricMagic.

Also, the flip Yesterday doesn't necessarily point towards a Luckyowl convert, but it does leave Persus13, TricMagic, Vector, or Lucky as the Convert.

WHY wouldn't you check Lucky given that the convert has to do the kill?
Three reasons:

3) I literally said I would Follow IcyTea Yesterday, and while I did consider Following Lucky as a gambit, I also briefly entertained Following ToonyMan or Vector to prove myself but ultimately realized that ToonyMan is dead 9 times out of 10 and Following Vector wasn't exactly gonna do anything to find scum.

So, yes, I did Follow IcyTea31. They didn't kill anyone. They're not the Convert. I thought that I'd be able to see both, but I didn't consider that the Dark Magus might not be trackable.

1) That's literally the reason why you should have followed Lucky.
2) Why go after the dark magus when it could be several different people and we need to get the convert? Makes no sense.
3) Why would you actually tell us what you're going to do given that the only way I can be cleared is by seeing someone else's action? If everyone's claiming their actions beforehand I could just claim I saw you do what you said you'd do.

This is not a town web.

Okay, so basically your comment is a no-win situation unless I saw Luckyowl do the kill. If I swapped to Luckyowl and saw nothing, you'd be yelling at me for swapping away from IcyTea31. I don't really see this as big of a deal as you seem to.

If you saw Lucky do nothing then we can eliminate them as scum, which is kinda useful since Vector has been telling lies about them. If Lucky is clear, Vector is implicated.

My goal was to remove a potential suspect from both the Dark Magus and the Convert pool.

You did neither. Oops!

It is also entirely possible that I forcibly locked down the Devildeal kill by keeping IcyTea31 at home.

1. You're high if you think there is actually a devildeal kill on the table. It would have been used in the night if it existed, BY LUCKY WHO WAS THE ONLY POSSIBLE PERSON WHO COULD USE IT.

2. Even if there is a devildeal, Icy wouldn't be able to use it.

If y'all want me to Follow Luckyowl, then it's a lot easier to do so when you say so.

Scum web needs a lot of handholding apparently.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: March 08, 2021, 10:16:30 am »

I'll wait to post my information until we hear from ICT and Caz.
ICT and Caz have posted now. I'm interested in what you've got.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: March 08, 2021, 10:17:24 am »

@Caz: So, your idea is that Lucky can Devildeal kill and faction kill in a single Night, or...?

Genuinely curious here.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: March 08, 2021, 10:35:44 am »

Correction to claim

Apparently Toaster's grave was in fact disturbed.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - SIGNUPS (0/9+)
« Reply #1542 on: March 08, 2021, 10:36:01 am »

@Meph: What abilities could a Thief Follow for a Dark Magus? Can an ability that self-targets be Followed? If I have to ask privately, let me know.

Also, not all roles require the player to leave the house. Generally, magic sounding roles are going to work like Psychic roles in Paranormal. If your role does not require you to leave your house to use, you will be informed of this fact. Roles who don't leave their house cannot be role-blocked by the Guard, though he still protects them.

It is safe to assume that most of the Dark Magus' abilities are not trackable for a thief.

Meph: Would a thief see anything if they tracked a sexton?

Only if the Sexton did some action other than their auto-check on the graves.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: March 08, 2021, 10:38:49 am »

@Caz: Also, why do you not believe that IcyTea31 could also be the Convert instead?

You or Tric could be the Dark Magus, and have recruited IcyTea31, but you never considered that. Why not?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: March 08, 2021, 10:40:10 am »

Vec, what did Toaster have to say?
How did you know this?
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 115