Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 84381 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - SIGNUPS (0/9+)
« Reply #1500 on: March 06, 2021, 05:09:24 pm »

Nights aren't 48 hours.

Night will go for 24 hours, though that's somewhat flexible. If you do not have your action in within the 24 hours you run the risk of losing your action for the night, though. If you choose not to use your action, please send that instead of just waiting for me to get on with the night without you.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 3 brings dwindled numbers
« Reply #1501 on: March 06, 2021, 05:13:39 pm »

Yeah, partially depends on when Meph (an owner of a job and a family) has time. So hold your jets folks.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 3 brings dwindled numbers
« Reply #1502 on: March 06, 2021, 05:19:31 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
BluarianKnight: 7: 4maskwolf, IcyTea31, Caz, ToonyMan, TricMagic, Vector, webadict
IcyTea31: 2: BluarianKnight, Persus13
Vector: 1: Luckyowl

The Count seems a bit surprised by your insistence on ending the Trial so early in the day, but with so many in favor he assents.

You call out the votes, and with so many for BluarianKnight it is quickly clear why little additional discussion is needed.

BluarianKnight's eyes glow with a fierce white light as the runes on thier neck begin to glow. With a bellow their form seems to expand out into a huge, towering figure of shadow.

"No!" shouts the Demonic form. "It is too early! I have not yet fed enough!"

A shadowy arm tipped with terrifyingly long claws reaches out towards the Count, who falls back in fear.

You see the runes glow intensify from within the shadowy form, burning bright enough to be seen clearly through the darkness surrounding him.

The shadow lets out a long cry of pain, and then dissipates.

BluarianKnight's body lies still on the floor, so sign of the demonic possession left.

"Well" exhales the Count. "That is, at least, one more threat removed. Now, off with you, and be safe this night. I shall see you gain on the morning."

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!

And, yeah, you have 24 hours to send in your actions. How quickly I can do all the flavor and get the next day going depends on how busy I am once I have all the actions in.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Night 3 is no longer possessed
« Reply #1503 on: March 07, 2021, 10:47:46 pm »

Dawn brings with it the now familiar tug of the Binding.

You meet again at the large Tent.

Well, all of you except for Toonyman. He seems to be absent, and you fear the worst by the time the Count comes in.

“As you may have guessed, Toonyman was slain last night. He was, apparently, a Wizard, one who used their power to aid and protect us. Sadly, his magic was no match for those that oppose us, and he was burned to death sometime last night. “

“We have lost many, and I fear our danger is grave. Please, find those who did this today and bring them to justice!”

Day 4 has begun. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Wednesday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 4 is less magical
« Reply #1504 on: March 07, 2021, 10:49:21 pm »

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaz.

Got anything for us yet?

Web, see anything interesting?

Vec, what did Toaster have to say?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: March 07, 2021, 10:59:13 pm »

I do have interesting information. I apparently wasn't blocked. So, I've got juicy information.

IcyTea31 is...

Innocent. IcyTea31 did not do anything suspicious last Night, so that pretty much proves it's not IcyTea31. This means it's Caz or TricMagic.

Also, the flip Yesterday doesn't necessarily point towards a Luckyowl convert, but it does leave Persus13, TricMagic, Vector, or Lucky as the Convert.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: March 07, 2021, 11:17:35 pm »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: March 07, 2021, 11:34:29 pm »

I'll wait to post my information until we hear from ICT and Caz.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: March 07, 2021, 11:50:38 pm »

I do have interesting information. I apparently wasn't blocked. So, I've got juicy information.

IcyTea31 is...

Innocent. IcyTea31 did not do anything suspicious last Night, so that pretty much proves it's not IcyTea31. This means it's Caz or TricMagic.

Also, the flip Yesterday doesn't necessarily point towards a Luckyowl convert, but it does leave Persus13, TricMagic, Vector, or Lucky as the Convert.

Hold on: can't Dark Magus self-action? As in, couldn't they super-saint themselves without leaving their house?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: March 07, 2021, 11:57:15 pm »

IcyTea31 is...

Hold on: can't Dark Magus self-action? As in, couldn't they super-saint themselves without leaving their house?
I just looked at some of the flavor from supernatural 7 and... maybe the Dark Magus can't be tracked at all?

You move silently through the town, using your magic to warp the senses of the people to hide your presence. No need to let them know that you are out and about, after all.

Eventually you make your way to 4maskwolf's house. You casually walk around the house, staff dragging along the ground. When the circle is complete you pull out a pouch and walk around the house the other direction, dropping shards of obsidian inside the circle as you go. That done, you pull out a small box and very carefully pull out the insect inside. Setting it down on the edge of the circle you watch as it makes its way toward the house. It grows in side as it gets closer, pulsating with dark purple magic. Finally it passes through the walls on its way to its victim, a mere image of an insect.

You smile to yourself. That'll be a rather exciting surprise for the town when 4maskwolf dies!

You cloak yourself in shadows and stroll down through the town. Off to where 4maskwolf spends his nights.

When you are close enough you pull out a small box from your belt pouch. Within you release a shimmering black spider. It dances between your fingers, weaving threads of darkness into a scintillating web that reflects the night sky above you. Power wells up inside you and you channel it through the web, casting its shadow out over 4mask's abode. With a sharp clenching of your fist you crush the web, causing the shadow to collapse into the building. You chuckle. Whatever power he may have, it will avail him naught tonight.

You pluck the spider off of your thumb and return it to its box and head back to your house.

There's a lot of flavor around "cloaking themselves in shadows" whenever the Magus does something. Either that or they stay in their house, like they seem to do for inspects.

You stand in a circle of power. The lines of energy drawn into this one are those of mind and soul. You wrap them around you, shape them, and then cast them out into your hand. The porcelain ball you hold shifts and changes as you fix your mind upon notquitethere. The orb cracks and shatters, the pieces flying apart and reforming themselves into new patterns. You study the new statue for a bit, consulting the book in front of you for meaning. It seems he is your enemy, a follower of the gods here, and a Warlock to boot. Not a major threat, that, with magic so weak it can merely contact the dead. But good to know what opposes you.

The energy dies down and you place the statue on a shelf. You have much to think about.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: March 08, 2021, 12:09:42 am »

Yeah, Icytea isn't cleared by any means.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: March 08, 2021, 12:19:28 am »

Hm, maybe you're right. I guess it's entirely possible that IcyTea Supersainted themselves. I guess I thought the Dark Magus might have roleblocked ToonyMan or something, but that doesn't really make sense.

I'll ask Meph what I can Follow in case they have a different answer privately, but I'm almost positive that if someone doesn't interact with another player, then I get nothing. I know that things like Dreamwalkers can't be Followed, but I think it might also apply to any ability that self-targets and certain magical abilities.

@Meph: What abilities could a Thief Follow for a Dark Magus? Can an ability that self-targets be Followed? If I have to ask privately, let me know.

Uh, I'll Unvote until then because it's getting late. I might do another readthrough, but not until tomorrow.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: March 08, 2021, 01:35:41 am »

I'll wait to post my information until we hear from ICT and Caz.
No graves were disturbed.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: March 08, 2021, 01:42:37 am »

Tinfoil: can we close out the possibility of 4maskwolf being the convert?

It's LYLO due to the Dark Magus' doublevote if 4mask is still a survivor. If he's the convert, it's MILO. Behaviourally, I've had little reason to doubt the claim, but he's pretty much the fallback lynch as the one guaranteed not to lose the game for town.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: March 08, 2021, 01:50:08 am »

Thinking further, lynching the survivor may be inoptimal due to the self-revive and supersaint ability, but only if it has shots left after today.

I'm thinking I want to hear from the dreamwalker as well.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 115