Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 84423 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 3 brings dwindled numbers
« Reply #1455 on: March 06, 2021, 11:23:36 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
BluarianKnight: 7: 4maskwolf, IcyTea31, Caz, ToonyMan, TricMagic, Vector, webadict
IcyTea31: 2: BluarianKnight, Persus13
Vector: 1: Luckyowl

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday

To confirm, since this is more about a town role than the 3rd party, Devils do not leave bodies and Warlocks can contact dead entities that do not leave bodies behind.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: March 06, 2021, 11:51:43 am »

Webadict guessed correctly I was a Wizard before I even claimed. If Webadict was Dark Magus why wouldn't they have killed me last night? It's too risky to leave me alone. The only way this makes sense is if Webadict was not actually sure what role I was (in other words, they were lying about guessing my role during the second half of D2) and used the Dark Magus role-investigate two-shot ability on me last night while...Vector and Blue performed the kills? But Lucky claimed being Devil visited on Night 1, there is no one else that could have went Devilroid on Toaster.

There's too many liars if Webadict is Dark Magus.

Blue shouldn't have tried to cover for Lucky. I think scum team would have had a better chance of winning if they threw Lucky under the bus instead of Blue going insane and claiming the Toaster kill.
I am most certainly a Thief. I am most certain that Vector is a Warlock. I am almost positive that Luckyowl and BluarianKnight are scum. I am fairly certain IcyTea31 is the Dark Magus. I guessed what you were based on your meta.

However, I was thinking last Night. No matter what, Bluarian is scum. But, there exists a universe where Luckyowl isn't. It's possible that Luckyowl got the worst roll and turned BluarianKnight into a scum Monster Hunter. That's about the only other role I could think of that might possibly work. No idea what the chances of that are, but I figured I'd put it out there for posterity.

Regardless, I believe that Shortening is the play here.

I'm going to be Following IcyTea31 Tonight unless ToonyMan or Vector objects.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: March 06, 2021, 11:55:05 am »

Why would Bluarian try to protect a town!Lucky though?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: March 06, 2021, 11:56:18 am »

or wait, you think Jim is lying about Lucky taking the deal?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: March 06, 2021, 11:58:57 am »

It could be a bad fakeclaim that implicated Lucky by accident, or, even more out there, a deliberate action to implicate Lucky after blue goes down.

Not that either is likely but y'know.

It isn't technically impossible.

Shorten

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: March 06, 2021, 12:02:29 pm »

Okay, in this hypothetical world, Bluarian tried to fakeclaim on Luckyowl... I think?

Look, I literally don't believe that's the case, but it's the only possibility I could think of. That's the only way Luckyowl could possibly be Town and explain the kill.

or wait, you think Jim is lying about Lucky taking the deal?
Yes, in that world. I think.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: March 06, 2021, 12:03:04 pm »

It could be a bad fakeclaim that implicated Lucky by accident, or, even more out there, a deliberate action to implicate Lucky after blue goes down.
I forgot about potentially implicating Luckyowl. It could be setting up a mislynch Tomorrow?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: March 06, 2021, 12:04:54 pm »

I forgot about potentially implicating Luckyowl. It could be setting up a mislynch Tomorrow?
It's THEORETICALLY possible but I don't think it's at all what happened. As memory serves until blue botched the fakeclaim Lucky was the one under pressure because nobody believed that he hadn't actually performed the kill. There was only a question of "is blue also involved in this" and all blue had to do was wash his hands clean of the whole thing if Lucky/Blue is t/w. Why set up a mislynch tomorow when you can have your mislynch today?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: March 06, 2021, 12:06:55 pm »

It's THEORETICALLY possible but I don't think it's at all what happened. As memory serves until blue botched the fakeclaim Lucky was the one under pressure because nobody believed that he hadn't actually performed the kill. There was only a question of "is blue also involved in this" and all blue had to do was wash his hands clean of the whole thing if Lucky/Blue is t/w. Why set up a mislynch tomorow when you can have your mislynch today?
... I don't know. I absolutely have no idea. I am pretty sure ToonyMan is right and scumchat looks like a circus.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: March 06, 2021, 12:08:54 pm »

Official Shorten

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: March 06, 2021, 12:26:45 pm »

I'm not a part of the scumteam.

Actually, I'm dead either way today - as double checking, I've got quite an impossible task in front of me.

Scum want me dead as well as town - they want my head.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: March 06, 2021, 12:29:15 pm »

I'm good with Shorten.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: March 06, 2021, 12:31:35 pm »

This is the part of the game that always bothers me.

Has flashback to Day 7 of Supernatural 7.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: March 06, 2021, 12:34:03 pm »

I'm not a part of the scumteam.

Actually, I'm dead either way today - as double checking, I've got quite an impossible task in front of me.

Scum want me dead as well as town - they want my head.
Would you like to explain why?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: March 06, 2021, 12:44:31 pm »

Evidence that NQT was definitely killed by a Dark Magus factionkill

Supernatural 7 Day 3 Dark Magus Kill Discovery:
Jack A.T. has not joined you.
The High Priest steps forward and into the center of the circle. "I have grave news, friends. I awoke with a terrible vision, that one of our faithful has fallen. And, to my sorrow, it has proven true. Jack A.T. was discovered dead in his home this morning, his body burned to nought but ashes and bone. We know now that he was a Wizard, using his magic to help protect us against evil. He shall be sorely missed."

Supernatural 7 Day 4 Dark Magus Kill Discovery:
The circle is smaller today. Jim Groovester is not among you.
The High Priest looks grim. "His body was found, burned to ash and bones. The same way that Jack died."
"He was a heathen, it is true, a Lone Witch practicing a nearly dead religion. Be he was a good man, for all of that, and I fear we will miss his council in the days to come."

Supernatural 7 Day 5 Dark Magus Kill Discovery:
It is Flandre who does not join you today.
The High Priest looks on, sadly. "We have lost another ally of the town this day. Flandre was a gifted Dreamwalker, as she had claimed. As with the others, she was burned to death last night. We have lost so many good people to this evil. You must stop them!"

Supernatural 7 Day 6 Dark Magus Kill Discovery:
notquitethere, however is not with you. The High Priest glumly reports that he, too, was found burned to death last night. He was a Warlock, and while his magic may be dark is seems he had the town's best interests at heart.

Supernatural 7 Day 7 Dark Magus Kill Discovery:
The next morning finds you all back in the circle once again. Well, except for Nerjin.
It seems that he, like the others, was found burned to death in his house this morning. The High Priest confirms that he was indeed a Seer working for the good of the town.

Supernatural 10 Day 3 Dark Magus Kill Discovery:
And neither Toaster nor notquitethere ever arrive.
But eventually the Count does show up. His face looks grim.
“We lost two of our own last night. Both pure of heart, and faithful defenders of our lands. Toaster, our Seer, was beaten to death and had his heart ripped out. Notquitethere, who seems to have been part of some Coven of Witches, was burned to death by some dark magic. Foul murders, both of them, and show that we face not a single threat but multiple.”

Fine. Shorten.

I'll be protecting ~someone~ tonight. If I die then it's up to you guys to eliminate Lucky and IcyTea.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 115