Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 84218 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 3 brings dwindled numbers
« Reply #1155 on: March 05, 2021, 03:35:17 pm »

Well, I was roleblocked last Night so that clears Bluarian of the kill.
Does it though?

Dark Magus can roleblock, as can a Guard.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: March 05, 2021, 03:37:08 pm »

Does it though?

Yep, just looked it up.

Quote from: Dark Magus Role
As one of the most powerful practitioners of dark arts, you have many powers at your disposal. Each Night you may select one of the following.

Kill a Player (Counts as a Scum Faction Kill - No limit)
Make Yourself unkillable for a night (2 Uses)
Convert another player (1 Use - Gains the ability to use your Faction Kill, you will gain a Quicktopic when this is done)
Cast the Rune of Calamity - if the target player gets lynched they kill a random player when they die, except you. (1 Use)
Roleblock another player (2 Uses)
Inspect another player to see their Alignment and Role (2 Uses)
Give Yourself another vote for the next day phase (2 Uses)

In addition, you have the Ward of Undeath already cast, which can bring you back from Death. It will only work once, however.

...Does the ward of undeath mean we need to lynch them TWICE?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: March 05, 2021, 03:38:30 pm »

Does it though?

Yep, just looked it up.

Quote from: Dark Magus Role
As one of the most powerful practitioners of dark arts, you have many powers at your disposal. Each Night you may select one of the following.

Kill a Player (Counts as a Scum Faction Kill - No limit)
Make Yourself unkillable for a night (2 Uses)
Convert another player (1 Use - Gains the ability to use your Faction Kill, you will gain a Quicktopic when this is done)
Cast the Rune of Calamity - if the target player gets lynched they kill a random player when they die, except you. (1 Use)
Roleblock another player (2 Uses)
Inspect another player to see their Alignment and Role (2 Uses)
Give Yourself another vote for the next day phase (2 Uses)

In addition, you have the Ward of Undeath already cast, which can bring you back from Death. It will only work once, however.

...Does the ward of undeath mean we need to lynch them TWICE?
Yes. That's actually what happened in Supernatural 7, Persus got lynched on Day 5 and Day 7. Though presumably a nightkill could also pop the ward of undeath, if it didn't hit the magus while they were unkillable.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: March 05, 2021, 03:50:24 pm »

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: March 05, 2021, 03:53:42 pm »

Also that list of powers is why voting the Dark Magus needs to be our priority over Lucky.

I'm not happy about Caz, but unvote.

Does it though?

Guard block has different flavor.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: March 05, 2021, 03:54:30 pm »

I want Icytea and webadict to claim, as it's likely one of them is the dark magus.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 05, 2021, 03:56:44 pm »

Don't Devil kills usually involve copius amounts of fire? And how much can we trust a third party who already lost the game here? My first thought on the Toaster kill was that BluarianKnight lied and is actually a Demon. The other kill definitely feels like a Dark Magus to me, checking back on the flavor.
Wait wasn't NQT the one who died by fire? I thought Toaster had his heart removed.
NQT died by dark magic fire, which is consistent with the Dark Magus kill flavor. I just checked previous Supernaturals and Devil kills were either killed by superhuman strength with chunks missing or the whole house burned down.

Unfortunately because of the existence of a Dark Magus we can't clear Persus off that claim, he could have been converted and killed NQT for the towncred.
Again, you'll have to argue that the Dark Magus chose to convert me when I was one of the top 4 lynch choices Day 1 in a 13 person game.

Yeah, not buying that. He's town if covens are.(which seems implied)

I'm wondering what day 4mask wins on.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: March 05, 2021, 03:59:22 pm »

Aren't they a survivor?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: March 05, 2021, 03:59:37 pm »

Don't Devil kills usually involve copius amounts of fire? And how much can we trust a third party who already lost the game here? My first thought on the Toaster kill was that BluarianKnight lied and is actually a Demon. The other kill definitely feels like a Dark Magus to me, checking back on the flavor.
Wait wasn't NQT the one who died by fire? I thought Toaster had his heart removed.
NQT died by dark magic fire, which is consistent with the Dark Magus kill flavor. I just checked previous Supernaturals and Devil kills were either killed by superhuman strength with chunks missing or the whole house burned down.

Unfortunately because of the existence of a Dark Magus we can't clear Persus off that claim, he could have been converted and killed NQT for the towncred.
Again, you'll have to argue that the Dark Magus chose to convert me when I was one of the top 4 lynch choices Day 1 in a 13 person game.

Yeah, not buying that. He's town if covens are.(which seems implied)

When the game is over.

Seriously it's not that hard to understand.

Covens are town the concern is that they only start the game town, and Dark Magus (which is now confirmed to be the scumteam by the "burned by dark magic" death) has a conversion and could have converted Persus.

It's not a huge concern though, it just means we can't mechanically confirm Persus as town.

All of which I already said and you're just trying to cast shade on me for ??? reasons.

I'm seriously tired of your shit this game.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: March 05, 2021, 04:00:10 pm »

Aren't they a survivor?
Tric has been obsessively claiming I'm anti-town and trying to drag out the game for my own ends all game long, no matter how asinine that statement is.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: March 05, 2021, 04:02:12 pm »

I want Icytea and webadict to claim, as it's likely one of them is the dark magus.

Persus has a claim, you however have no results Caz. Along with wanting to hurry the train along.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: March 05, 2021, 04:03:32 pm »

Persus has a claim, you however have no results Caz. Along with wanting to hurry the train along.

What does this even mean.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: March 05, 2021, 04:05:54 pm »

We must lynch Icy, he has my hat.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: March 05, 2021, 04:09:46 pm »

Web, would you consider doing us a solid and running a full Mamobo?

My pick for Dark Magus would be ICT, for what it's worth. Yes.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 05, 2021, 04:12:48 pm »

You haven't contributed anything useful after switching in and NQT who gave you some space for the day is now dead unable to press you. Convenient right? And you don't have anything to report from Dreamwalker, which is starting to fray. And we already had one Dreamwalker on town's side.

Assume you are a mafia-aligned Dreamwalker and knew who the devil was. would you want to lynch them so they don't give any more kills to town? Particularly when there was a knight willing to sell their soul for that power, to be able to use it at the end of the game.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 115