Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 83616 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 2 has a full house
« Reply #750 on: March 02, 2021, 02:54:53 pm »

@4mask:
I still trust your survivor claim. While it's possible for third-party to be converted I see someone who is actively searching for scum in a day where most players aren't.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Re: Conversion Picks: I mean, when I was the Dark Magus I converted Toaster. I might do that again, but I'd probably go after webadict after D1 personally. Also is there a point to this? Where I'm standing this feels pretty WIFOMy.
Individually it's WIFOMy, yes. I'd say getting a sense of the thread's consensus on who optimal conversion targets are might be useful if we're facing a dark magus team, though less useful against charismatic cult (and pointless if it was just that a kill got blocked).

Jim's game so far has been to go after me since I joined the game over Secretdorf, which is annoying, but I'm used to Jim going after me. Eventually he switched to Blu, didn't get involved in the CFD at all (I think he was busy?) and rode it out to lynch Blu by day end. While he's been vocal about LuckyOwl being scummy, he's also never actually voted them over it, and he also contributed to saving them from being lynched by choosing Blu over Lucky. So his game so far has been to vote to lynch one player who flipped town, helping save another player who he thought seemed scummy from the lynch in the process, and go after me, while it doesn't feel like he's actually doing a lot to get me lynched. That has a bit of saving an ally and pushing a case to appear active energy to it.

Now, the main reason I'm not reading more into this yet is A. this requires Lucky to be his buddy. Toony's case on Lucky has some solid points that's making me consider it, but I'm not entirely convinced that his case of Lucky lying wasn't just a misunderstanding/miscommunication. B. Jim's not been super active, so that may explain why he's effectively had two votes this game. But still, its bothering me, especially now that Tea is showing up and playing D2 and gave some decent responses to my questions and stuck to their guns when I pressured them.
Interesting. I felt a genuine helpfulness coming from Jim this game D1 that I didn't feel in BYOR 15 from wolf Jim (who largely sat there and old-man'd it up in thread) and actual attempts at solving. Don't have a good read on him D2 yet though, because lolconversions.

PPE:
Tricmagic outright refusing to answer Vector's question is interesting in italics.

Tricmagic, what makes you so sure we have a conventional scumteam.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 02, 2021, 03:01:55 pm »

I ended up missing that post. Why wouldn't I make a theory? And is there really a difference between mafia and wolves other than flavoring and role abilities?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 02, 2021, 03:03:46 pm »

Actually, why would this question even matter but for trying to lynch me 4maskwolf. I really am an easy target, a knight who can't be nightkilled and is likely to extend the game if lynched. Very Survivor. (Even if you do win by surviving, if you never aim at scum you won't die.)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 02, 2021, 03:05:31 pm »

I ended up missing that post. Why wouldn't I make a theory? And is there really a difference between mafia and wolves other than flavoring and role abilities?
So, "because you don't know" is the answer.

While there's basically no difference outside of unique roles between a killing cult and werewolves, and the charismatic cult has a one-shot kill and a unique role but otherwise is similar to a killing cult, Supernatural also contains one extra scumteam type that doesn't fit those molds. The Dark Magus, a single player scumteam with a large number of powerful abilities at their disposal, including a one-shot convert. So if we're assuming conversion, it's possible we're looking at a one player scumteam to increased to two overnight, which your setup math didn't take into account.

Unvote

Actually, why would this question even matter but for trying to lynch me 4maskwolf. I really am an easy target, a knight who can't be nightkilled and is likely to extend the game if lynched. Very Survivor. (Even if you do win by surviving, if you never aim at scum you won't die.)
This is intensely stupid considering it's not even my question, I'm just repeating Vector's (though admittedly I had the same question as well). The answer to "why does it matter" is that you might have TMId knowing the nature of the scumteam by your comment, since you seemed very sure we were not looking at a Dark Magus.

The vote was to get your attention since that seems to be the only thing you pay attention to.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 02, 2021, 03:29:51 pm »

Interesting. I felt a genuine helpfulness coming from Jim this game D1 that I didn't feel in BYOR 15 from wolf Jim (who largely sat there and old-man'd it up in thread) and actual attempts at solving. Don't have a good read on him D2 yet though, because lolconversions.
I haven't read BYOR15 so I don't have that to compare to. Were there third parties in BYOR 15?

As much as people are saying this is D1 all over again, we do have info to work of off. We know Blu was 100% town D1, so we can look at D1 through those lenses now. No night kill and a convert doesn't change their being a scumteam D1.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 02, 2021, 03:33:49 pm »

I haven't read BYOR15 so I don't have that to compare to. Were there third parties in BYOR 15?

As much as people are saying this is D1 all over again, we do have info to work of off. We know Blu was 100% town D1, so we can look at D1 through those lenses now. No night kill and a convert doesn't change their being a scumteam D1.
There was a third party in BYOR 15, IIRC it got ganked on N1 though long before it could actually fulfill its win condition. Not sure why that's relevant?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 02, 2021, 03:38:19 pm »

There was a third party in BYOR 15, IIRC it got ganked on N1 though long before it could actually fulfill its win condition. Not sure why that's relevant?
Just an idle thought. Problem solving third parties is something scum does too, although I'll agree that its not super relevant here.

Bleh, I miss the old Lurkertracker.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #757 on: March 02, 2021, 04:17:36 pm »

And I note Lucky ignored this question:
Lucky, what exactly did the Devil offer you?

Lucky, care to answer?

The devil offer night kill, misdirections, and protect.

facepalms. Yeah, that isn't Luckyowl, that's someone else puppeteering the owl. Why wouldn't you take the protect? I'd love a Protect skill since it makes me a bulletproof doctor.

I won't say no more. As I said I thought the devil was some sort of scum. I wasn't aware it was a neutral party.

ToonyMan: Fine, you want to think I'm scum because I'm a compulsive liar. Sure. go ahead. luckyowl let's see if I'm lying.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 02, 2021, 04:18:14 pm »

ToonyMan: Fine, you want to think I'm scum because I'm a compulsive liar. Sure. go ahead. luckyowl let's see if I'm lying.
Oh god not another one.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 02, 2021, 04:28:53 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
BluarianKnight: 1: notquitethere
Jim Groovester: 2: Persus13, Vector
Caz: 1: BluarianKnight
Luckyowl: 4: IcyTea31, Luckyowl, ToonyMan, TricMagic
Persus13: 1: Jim Groovester
Toaster: 1: webadict

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday

Caz has replaced in for juicebox
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 04:30:42 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 02, 2021, 04:29:04 pm »

I am like *this close* to just voting LO and getting this nonsense over with. *this close*

I actually don't think LO is scum, though. Looks like a cracked townie to me.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 02, 2021, 04:30:33 pm »

CAAAAAAAAAAAZ!

Hi.

What was you dreamwalker result last night?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 02, 2021, 04:31:41 pm »

I am like *this close* to just voting LO and getting this nonsense over with. *this close*

I actually don't think LO is scum, though. Looks like a cracked townie to me.
I'm probably going to go there at the end of the day because I'm of the opinion that it's the mechanically correct wagon for town, I'm sort of ambivalent on his actual alignment.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 02, 2021, 04:35:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I want answers to my questions Lucky, not for you to zip your lips and self-vote.

What's up with your question to Meph?
Why is NQT a better target than you?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 02, 2021, 04:40:33 pm »

Individually it's WIFOMy, yes. I'd say getting a sense of the thread's consensus on who optimal conversion targets are might be useful if we're facing a dark magus team, though less useful against charismatic cult (and pointless if it was just that a kill got blocked).
@MOD:
Will a player be notified if somebody tried to kill them?
For example, if somebody tried to kill a Knight and failed or somebody that was being protected was targeted for a kill and it failed.

Is a player notified if they are redirected?
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 115