Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 83866 times)

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 1 begins
« Reply #480 on: February 26, 2021, 04:36:17 pm »

Bit late to pull that gambit blue, how about a case instead?
What gambit is that? You self-voted as town last game we played, can you explain this?

Every move I've made has led me to be more scum. I am.. willing to put myself out of the equation.

I'll put my claim down now. Dreamwalker.
Why is putting yourself out of the equation at all a good move for your team? If you're town, it wastes the lynch. If you're scum, it wastes a scum player.

If this isn't some sort of ploy, this is a terrible first impression for a new player.

I've just made a lot of poor plays. I know why I look scum.
 Maybe it was my confidence from Vengeful- I've learned a lot from this, and I'll make sure to avoid my previous mistakes.

Sorry for being a bloody mess, town. I'll do better next time, I swear.
Oh, an emotional appeal. Fuck you, do better this time.

So werewolf team need luckywolf to be alive to res someone for the team, so Blue the leader is stepping in to stop LO lynch. Blue dies, kills a randomer, Lucky raises the random to their team? Not great, but better than being one down with Blue possibly soaking an nk N1.
Makes sense but that's a lot of assumptions. I think this world would put the third scum as one of the veterans, because LO would definitely not make that plan, and I'm doubtful of BK.

Fuck it, you're right.

I also see I don't get revealed by lynch, so.. yeah, you're right.

Luckyowl
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 26, 2021, 04:37:22 pm »

Give me a chance - if by D2 you don't see town, then go ahead and lunch me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 26, 2021, 04:38:17 pm »

@IcyTea:
Re: NQT vs. Tric
It's a little sad that I can believe Tric doing a weird doublebluff claim play like that. From what I can gauge of emotional states in the spat, both of the two seem to be genuine. Tric seems honest about being a knight, maybe even a town knight when combined with past plays, and NQT is rightfully mad about the misplay. Town points to both, looks v/v to me.
I think you mean me here and not NQT??

Every move I've made has led me to be more scum. I am.. willing to put myself out of the equation.
I'll put my claim down now. Dreamwalker.
Why is putting yourself out of the equation at all a good move for your team? If you're town, it wastes the lynch. If you're scum, it wastes a scum player.
If this isn't some sort of ploy, this is a terrible first impression for a new player.
Hah.

IcyTea saying self-voting is terrible. I agree, of course.

@Blue:
Chill. A leveled-head sees all.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 26, 2021, 04:38:45 pm »

What gambit is that? You self-voted as town last game we played, can you explain this?
In fairness so did you.

4mask, I'm trying to work out what possible scenario would lead Blue to implode and self vote after almost no provocation. Can he not count? He wasn't going to be lynched. Why throw in the towel? I don't see the town reasoning.

But yeah I might be overthinking. I'm just entertaining scenarios here. What do you mean by ATE?
I seem to remember someone miscounting the votes on him and panic-using a powerful one-shot as town in a previous game. A played significantly more veteran than Blue is.

That aside, what I'm talking about is the way some newer players react in situations like this, when they feel, rightly or not, that their death by the town is inevitable. Some players will, at that point, assume they're done for and essentially concede, regardless of their own alignment, and acknowledge the ways they screwed up that game. Sometimes purely seriously, sometimes as a final gambit to try and evoke sympathy and get out of the wagon, sometimes both.

Give me a chance - if by D2 you don't see town, then go ahead and lunch me.
Give Smith one more day wait wrong forum.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 26, 2021, 04:39:02 pm »

Jim, ah yes, sacrifice to save the converter. That could work. I mean a scum priest is kind of a converter anyway, so he could just be a slave without powers sacrificing for the team?

Blue, wait what, why don't you reveal on death?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 26, 2021, 04:40:34 pm »

If my memory doesn't fail me blue did set up the dreamwalker claim earlier, he came into the thread to see Vector's question of how dreamwalkers worked and asked if anyone had claimed it.

Doesn't mean anything for his alignment specifically but I'm inclined to believe the claim.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 26, 2021, 04:40:54 pm »

Jim, ah yes, sacrifice to save the converter. That could work. I mean a scum priest is kind of a converter anyway, so he could just be a slave without powers sacrificing for the team?

I assumed it isnt revealed due to the revival powers- do folks get revealed on death? I didn't see it in the rules.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 26, 2021, 04:41:58 pm »

Supernatural has roleflips.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 26, 2021, 04:42:11 pm »

I assumed it isnt revealed due to the revival powers- do folks get revealed on death? I didn't see it in the rules.
Reveals happen on death, yes. However, due to the possible presence of revival magic there is no deadchat.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 26, 2021, 04:43:47 pm »

If my memory doesn't fail me blue did set up the dreamwalker claim earlier, he came into the thread to see Vector's question of how dreamwalkers worked and asked if anyone had claimed it.

Doesn't mean anything for his alignment specifically but I'm inclined to believe the claim.

Yes, I noticed that too and assumed that was what they intended to claim.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 26, 2021, 04:43:59 pm »

Reveals happen on death, yes. However, due to the possible presence of revival magic there is no deadchat.

Thank you for the clarification.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 26, 2021, 04:44:06 pm »

I seem to remember someone miscounting the votes on him and panic-using a powerful one-shot as town in a previous game. A played significantly more veteran than Blue is.

That aside, what I'm talking about is the way some newer players react in situations like this, when they feel, rightly or not, that their death by the town is inevitable. Some players will, at that point, assume they're done for and essentially concede, regardless of their own alignment, and acknowledge the ways they screwed up that game. Sometimes purely seriously, sometimes as a final gambit to try and evoke sympathy and get out of the wagon, sometimes both.
Good point, end of day panic, posts appearing quicker than you can react to can mean drastic moves... And yes, some players do throw in the town and self-vote, I've seen that before. But, I dunno, it seemed particularly unforced this time.

--

Maybe the Dark Magus doesn't flip the first time? I'll have to check.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 26, 2021, 04:44:43 pm »

The spontaneity of the surrender is really, really weird. BK was barely on the block, and not the current topic of discussion. I can't really think of a scenario where it's sensible play, other than NQT's suggestion of it being to protect LO.

Fuck it, you're right.

I also see I don't get revealed by lynch, so.. yeah, you're right.

Luckyowl
That was a question, not a pep talk. Please answer.

@IcyTea:
Re: NQT vs. Tric
It's a little sad that I can believe Tric doing a weird doublebluff claim play like that. From what I can gauge of emotional states in the spat, both of the two seem to be genuine. Tric seems honest about being a knight, maybe even a town knight when combined with past plays, and NQT is rightfully mad about the misplay. Town points to both, looks v/v to me.
I think you mean me here and not NQT??
Nah, I meant posts like this one:
Do you understand that Tric? Tell me the role name.
For NQT's standards, that's anger.

Hah.

IcyTea saying self-voting is terrible. I agree, of course.
Hey now, I'm not saying it's always terrible. Surrendering is, however. My self-vote in BYOR15 wasn't a surrender.

In fairness so did you.
Yeah, but this isn't that gambit, which is why I'm asking.

Sometimes purely seriously, sometimes as a final gambit to try and evoke sympathy and get out of the wagon, sometimes both.
The issue is, there wasn't really a wagon at the time.

Fuck it get this post out, reading more as they come.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 26, 2021, 04:49:06 pm »

Maybe the Dark Magus doesn't flip the first time? I'll have to check.
Their rolename flips at least.

Dark Magus doesn't start with any allies, but they do have a one-shot convert.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 26, 2021, 04:50:15 pm »

While checking up on the Dark Magus flip situation, I did see this gem from game 7:
I have no idea if this is any more cantankerous than a regular mafia game.

And no, even the Dark Magus with the self-resurrection flips:
  The man simply smiles for a bit. Then he gets a concerned look on his face, and his eyes glaze over. Moments later, he falls to the floor. The High Priest, looks down at his lifeless body. "We have found our Dark Magus, my friends! And yet, it seems he was not without allies. I sense that we are still in danger..." his voice trails off.
Persus13 is already inside when you get there, a smirk on his face.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 115