Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 83845 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 1 begins
« Reply #315 on: February 25, 2021, 02:24:52 pm »

This is probably the wrong take.

But the first thing I thought when I read that post from Persus was that he'd asked his scumbuddies for a quick summary and that's his interpretation of it. It's just a weird takeaway from actually reading up to the point in the game where I claimed wererat, people were more grumpy about my memeing about than about the claim itself and by the time I claimed wererat it was already more or less accepted.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 25, 2021, 02:25:22 pm »

It also completely glosses over things like Tric's claim which also happened during that time period.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 25, 2021, 02:26:29 pm »

Quote from: Version 3

webadict: Slight Town read. Don't expect any analysis on this cause after vengeful my memory on the first day of the game is fuzzy. [Recent postings have led me to believe him Town-aligned, so.]
Vector: Vector doesn't get a read or a color. Ties to webadict yes, but no color. Null-read. Scum-lean. Eh, Luckyowl is not the best, and giving a joking suggestion that will get someone lynched hard is not the best indicator. His own feelings on webadict also come into play here.
TricMagic: Naturally I cannot give comments on my own alignment. Ifyou read ths, have a cookie.
ToonyMan: Town read. Previous post says it all, and none of their other posts dispute it for me. This hasn't changed and if anything has solidified over the past day or so.
BluarianKnight: Null. Seems town-like. But his voting seems more like taking my advice on using your vote literally and liberally. There is the whole parrot thing 4mask points out. On the whole, I'll tentatively place them as town for the sake of narrowing down the list. [Recent vote comes off as trying to get out of being lynched. It's working, but not to my preference. Particularly when the vote was going for dorf at the time. While suspicious, could be indicative of someone town without any info. But they still get dropped a spot.]
Luckyowl: Town-ish. This will likely solidify as we enter future days with less people. [Seriously, why Luckyowl? Do you not trust webadict to pick out a scumowl if we get there?]
Secretdorf/Persus: Top scum-pick of today. Few posts, a joke post, and a readlist with more scum on it than can fit in this game, and few to no town. Persus has subbed in, you had best work quickly.
4maskwolf: Survivor, third party wolf throwing shade, or scum. You can decide, but any votes on him won't do much.[I will get to the rest of your post later, it's just that one point I wanted to address while I got going](after these posts, I'm almost certain he is not a survivor. Third party, but not survivor. Werebear isn't something I was aware existed, but such a claim I made is anti-wincon for it if I was. And going after it anyway is completely useless as it's a third-party role that would only trigger off of being targeted. Just ignore it and hunt scum. You can't take the chance you can't actually do SOMETHING to me though, so you want to lynch me, the only thing that would bypass this supposed power.) [Slowly but surely slipping farther and farther into the red.]
Toaster: Null. Unlike last time, do have info on you. If it weren't for web you'd be a town-lean. So there is that going for you.
juicebox: Null. Like Toaster. I need to see more from you to gain an opinion. [Still null]
Jim Groovester: How quaint the suspicious people are at the bottom. Lurking, promising more later, you get the jist. Your streak may end, so best get hunting so it doesn't happen. [Still sus, if only slightly for now.]
IcyTea31: Gut instinct that your posts were wrong. And now you are using yours, so... Kinda leaning away from you for now, but you will end up higher if secretdorf is scum.
notquitethere: Still notquitehere. Leaning more to scummyness than towniness, but not to the point you get a blue color. [Now you get a blue color. And a tie to Icytea for your guilt/innocence.]

I like how the vote shifted to another person though, predicted that early blue. Doesn't matter if there is nearly a whole 24 hours give or take. The vote can still be shifted..

Persus... That doesn't help you at all. Why sub in if you can't do much? Aren't you hiding behind dorf's posts at this point?

More ninjas.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 25, 2021, 02:33:56 pm »

In LO's case, no info is gained from their lynch. At all. We'd be going into Day 2 just as confused as Day 1. (Except those with investigative roles and mafia)
I refuse to accept this logic. This logic prevented obvscum!Leafsnail being lynched on Day 1 of BYOR15 which still makes me mad.

LO is an easy lynch, and one without any info gained from it. They are obviously suspicious, but investigative roles can check them out to see if it pans out any.
No.

Luckyowl, are you genuinely busy somewhere else this week? I want to hear from you.

It's, like, the most basic level 0 take, but Tric could 100% be a wolf with blue.
I could see it.

This is probably the wrong take.
But the first thing I thought when I read that post from Persus was that he'd asked his scumbuddies for a quick summary and that's his interpretation of it. It's just a weird takeaway from actually reading up to the point in the game where I claimed wererat, people were more grumpy about my memeing about than about the claim itself and by the time I claimed wererat it was already more or less accepted.
Sounds like a wrong take to me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 25, 2021, 02:42:28 pm »

Like: this entire idea of wasting investigative roles on people who are not engaging and playing badly on D1 doesn't make sense. We want a hit on someone who plays well but would be hard to lynch, or to clear Webadict, or whatever.

Information gained from LO's lynch at this point includes "people desperately trying to defend LO" and "the sweet satisfaction of knowing we don't have to LYLO with them." If LO is genuinely busy: fine, they can say that. But they haven't said that. What they've said is that they'll do better later, with no evidence in this game or any other game that they have the intent or inclination to do better later.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 25, 2021, 02:44:07 pm »

I like how the vote shifted to another person though, predicted that early blue. Doesn't matter if there is nearly a whole 24 hours give or take. The vote can still be shifted..
I don't know whether you realize this.

But people change their votes throughout the day.

Experienced wolves don't get nervous about their own being up on the block until the very last second. Hell, even town sometimes will abuse the tendency of people to not vote on someone who was an early wagon to their advantage. I know I have.

More than 24 hours left in the day is not "last minute" and wolves won't put in any special effort to get votes off their buddy that far from deadline. No matter how much you think someone is a wolf, wagon movement with a day left in the... well, day, isn't actually a scumclaim by the person you're suspecting, nor by those involved in the vote movement.

PPE:
Like: this entire idea of wasting investigative roles on people who are not engaging and playing badly on D1 doesn't make sense. We want a hit on someone who plays well but would be hard to lynch, or to clear Webadict, or whatever.

Information gained from LO's lynch at this point includes "people desperately trying to defend LO" and "the sweet satisfaction of knowing we don't have to LYLO with them." If LO is genuinely busy: fine, they can say that. But they haven't said that. What they've said is that they'll do better later, with no evidence in this game or any other game that they have the intent or inclination to do better later.
I don't hate the idea of getting removing the risk of the LYLO Owl, there are a lot of ways I could accept losing but to a coinflip isn't one of them.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 25, 2021, 03:08:26 pm »

It also completely glosses over things like Tric's claim which also happened during that time period.
Correct, because my point was that I've basically skimmed over a lot. I needed to post something to let people know I was here and be able to use something to interact with me. So it glosses over things because I completely missed Tric claiming. I imagine Tric probably didn't use any boldface typing in his claim. When I read through more closely I'll check that out, thanks for that.

Persus... That doesn't help you at all. Why sub in if you can't do much? Aren't you hiding behind dorf's posts at this point?
Its not supposed to help me, its supposed to let you all know that I'm going to be in intermittently, which is still better than a player who decided not to play the game anymore (not that there's anything wrong with that). I told Meph a few hours ago "I'm busy this weekend, but I'll replace in if heydude can't" and now I'm here.

I can give you some benefit of the doubt since you were voting Superdorf already, so I can understand being suspicious of me. But this comes across as trying to justify having a case against me for decisions I made before knowing my role.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 25, 2021, 03:33:24 pm »

Also I want quickly clarify something for Tric here: SK werebear can choose between killing any target of their choice or killing anyone who visits them that night, so they are not "harmless" to me. From a purely "can I win with them" perspective SKs are literally the only thing in this game I technically need to care about, since they can't win with me which by definition means I can't win with them.

Of course, you're going to ignore this, same as you always do, because it doesn't fit your narrative that somehow me making a note you might be an SK and that being concerning to me is somehow wolfy. Because lolTric.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 25, 2021, 04:39:04 pm »

Jim:
Who should I be voting if Secretdorf is such an awful choice?

I'd really like to hear some logic and persuasive arguments from you.  I'm seeing you glom on to the easy target, and I know you're better than that.

Is this your first time being scum since your return from extended hiatus? I was cranky in BYOR15 and I was scum in that game.

Like Vector said, I was scum in Exquisite, and I inexcusably lurked my way to victory there.

Toony:
I don't find his play here comparable to CYOM4.
You sure about that? I'm seeing the same Secret in both these games, the only difference is that Secret chose not to replace out in CYOM4. He was town in that so are you saying he's mafia now?

I didn't say he was mafia; I said I had a null read on him.  However, his at least attempt to make something happen while about to be replaced out is a few points in his favor.  I mean, the post is a bit hard to follow and contains him not voting his top pick because other people think said top pick is down, but it's at least an attempt- something that someone like LuckyOwl has not done.

Persus has replaced in so it's a bit moot; I'll have to wait for Persus to post a bit more before anything useful materializes out of that read, but the carryover from Secret is near-null for me.

TricMagicOh hey, you finally answered me.  I basically don't see your connection at all, and think your reasons for voting Secret are bad. 

LO is an easy lynch, and one without any info gained from it. They are obviously suspicious, but investigative roles can check them out to see if it pans out any.

Also, ToonyMan is town is not a very hot take. And not good for town doesn't mean much. A lot of power roles are like that.

Why are you so concerned about the night game, Mr. Vanilla Townie?  Who is your current top pick of anyone not named Luckyowl, Secretdorf, or 4mask?

I'm totally okay with a Luckyowl lynch at this point, but I suspect there is better.  I have a couple things to check.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 25, 2021, 04:41:43 pm »

Everyone

Looking at how the wind is blowing towards lynching one of the low-activity players, I think juicebox is where I want my vote to be right now, as only NQT is pushing for that one. If correct, it'd be so unlikely to be a bus that it'd core NQT in my book. I'm fine with a Luckyowl lynch, too.

In the high-activity pool, I like NQT the least, followed by Vector, but I don't think either of those is solid enough to go for the lynch right now.

notquitethere

Literally anyone, does anything Juicebox has come out with make sense from a town POV?
Can't say it does.

But once I got into the thread, as promised, I have provided actual hunting as well as the information. So your purely hypothetical criticism proved unfounded.
Sure, I'll give you that. Did you notice my elephant repellent worked, too?

Why was it best to do this on D1? I don't know why you would think it's irrelevant at this stage. It's highly relevant whether 4mask is telling the truth, what role a fakeclaiming Tric could actually have, what kind of third parties we're facing, the fact that scum teams can have town roles etc. Giving people this information up front can stop a lot of misconceptions.
4mask: "survivor is a possible role, a past game had it". Tric's true role: "Tric's true role isn't guessable at this point, and only scum are interested in it". Third party composition: "only 4maskwolf has claimed a third-party role, and survivor is possible, anything else is pointless speculation before the Night". Scum with town roles: "roles aren't alignment-indicative". None of these questions required much research of past games to answer, and I would argue that they don't provide much material to performing the ever-elusive D1 scum lynch.

Do you really think a scum!NQT would think it a priority to publicise the possible composition of the scum teams? Scum want town to forget that vampires are cultists, or that cultists can be mafia, or that hunters can hunt things not in the game.
Scum!NQT would think it a priority to do anything that looks like being busy, when true scumhunting is impossible. The possible composition of the scum team is not a valuable piece of information, especially this early, especially when your analysis leaves so many possibilities that it's still essentially unguessable.

Are you really persisting with this bizarre line? C'mon. Just admit spending a non-trivial amount of time informing the town what the threats could be is not actually a scum tell.
Spending a non-trivial amount of time on something only tangentially useful to the town when that same time could be used on something directly useful to the town is not a towntell, and when it's done by a player with a heavy burden of experience, it sinks to a scumtell pretty easily.

I don't expect to agree with any player about everyone, but Secret was close to my thoughts on Blue, Web, Lucky and Jim.
Jim? SD's thoughts on Jim were literally "probably town or probaly not town".

It seems especially bizarre to give a free pass to Juice and Lucky when anything they can accuse Secret of doing (lurking? low content?) is equally or more true of Juice and Lucky.
I agree. Why are you giving Secretdorf a free pass?

4maskwolf

Everyone else: is the complete moon logic Tric's been spewing about me alignment indicative? I've not played as many games with him as most of you have so I'd like some input.
As far as I can tell, it's an attempt to break the game for town, which is a good look.

Persus13

Do you think the information in this post is useful to town right now?

What do you think of webadict's play? I've been trying to figure out why my gut doesn't like it.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 25, 2021, 05:21:39 pm »

TricMagic is still acting weird, but at least he responded to me with a not-terrible answer.

BluarianKnight:  Okay, let me break it down a bit more here:

RVS post.  Whatever, standard RVS fare.
RVS answer.  Just a response to a barely game-related question.
First "real" post.  Jump on 4mask for his survivor claim and not answering on your query as to why, when he had already done so.
Backing off 4mask vote.  No new vote or case to replace.  It's noteworthy at this point that it's clear there's no appetite for a 4mask lynch here.
Answering more questions.  No new case.
First read post.  Actually presents a new argument against IcyTea, with vote to match.  Tags Webadict as well.
More answers to questions.  Lots of untrimmed quotes make this post look huge when it isn't.  IcyTea has responded to the above vote, and there's a reply to Icy here.
Second read post.  Votes Secretdorf.  IcyTea is now Townlean, Web is unknown, and Luckyowl is also scum.  Icy has not yet replied to the above question.
Clarification.
Third read post.  Jim and I have both said BK looks like he is looking for easy targets here, and BK responds to this.  Backs off Secret onto Luckyowl, Web's now fairly town, and Icy is absent from this list. 

Conclusions?  There's a lot of words and not much analysis going on here.  BK is bouncing around low hanging easy to target targets, SecretDorf and LuckyOwl.  The only attack that appeared genuine was against IcyTea, but BK backed off it far too easily for my tastes; some of their interaction hadn't resolved before the vote moved, and now BK isn't addressing IcyTea.  What's more, I'm not sure where BK's...

Notquitethere - solid town green.

read of NQT came from.  Yes, there is this from the second read post:

Notquitethere - Strong, strong town vibes. Not as active, but has been asking good questions, and very researched posts.

...but I'm not sure what good questions BK is talking about here.

So, BluarianKnight:  What, specifically, has NQT done to make you get a town read?  What happened to your case on IcyTea?

NQT:  What are your thoughts on BluarianKnight and IcyTea?

IcyTea:  What are your thoughts on BluarianKnight and NQT?  I see your above posts, but I want you to spell it out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 25, 2021, 05:43:58 pm »

Toaster

IcyTea:  What are your thoughts on BluarianKnight and NQT?  I see your above posts, but I want you to spell it out.
BluarianKnight I'm mixed about, especially as they're a new acquaintance. On one hand, their play has been about what I'd expect from noobtown. On the other, their use of jargon implies more experience than I've given them credit for. Jim's argument about it being an act is tempting, and I'd consider them lynchable.

For notquitethere, my issue is mostly about the one big post which looks a lot like a smokescreen and his reactions to me questioning its relevance. The rest of their play isn't much that I wouldn't expect from him as either alignment. The case isn't strong enough to convince the vets on its own, but I'm planting a flag on it for later.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 25, 2021, 05:51:08 pm »

Luckyowl I'll vote BluarianKnight if you vote BluarianKnight. Or post. Or do anything.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 25, 2021, 06:13:51 pm »

I'm mixed on Bluarian knight as well. I want to like them, they do seem to be trying, but I can't really place them one way or the other.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 25, 2021, 06:18:23 pm »

unvote as well, now that Secretdorf has been replaced
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 115