Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 83721 times)

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 1 begins
« Reply #450 on: February 26, 2021, 03:32:20 pm »

I'm going to put my vote on Juicebox. Out of everyone, his plays feel the most desperate for scum at this point.

What part of juicebox's ten or whatever posts makes you think he's desperate, or are you just joining a wagon?

I checked your posts and the juicebox suspicion doesn't come completely out of left field though I don't follow the development of your suspicions on him. The characterization of juicebox as desperate bothers me, since even if he's low activity he seems unflappable.

Lack of effort. It's not a change of major behavior since my last read on him - he was just the second option, since Lucky's priest claim was still somewhat believed.

It's not wagoning - I read the explanations for why 'wait 4 vote' priest claim was a bad call, and moved to the next person on my scumlist. He hasn't posted anything yet to change my feelings on him, and I think he's a safe lynch.

I've got a case I'm building - I think I'm onto something. I just need to know if Juice or Lucky is town or mafia - once I know that, I can make my case. I've got a building feeling that folks have been looking in the wrong direction - it's a hunch, but Lucky, Toony, and ICT are my runner up scum team. That's if what happens tonight happens to my guesstimate.

Why am I saying this? Because I want my suspicions put down for the final tally, at the end of this.
Besides - I'm confirmed scum to half the town at this point, damn any attempt to reason.

I'll make a post once I'm off work with the small theory I'm building isofar later - but my vote stays on Juice.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 26, 2021, 03:41:01 pm »

Re: NQT vs. Tric

It's a little sad that I can believe Tric doing a weird doublebluff claim play like that. From what I can gauge of emotional states in the spat, both of the two seem to be genuine. Tric seems honest about being a knight, maybe even a town knight when combined with past plays, and NQT is rightfully mad about the misplay. Town points to both, looks v/v to me.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 26, 2021, 03:50:01 pm »

I'm going to put my vote on Juicebox. Out of everyone, his plays feel the most desperate for scum at this point.

What part of juicebox's ten or whatever posts makes you think he's desperate, or are you just joining a wagon?

I checked your posts and the juicebox suspicion doesn't come completely out of left field though I don't follow the development of your suspicions on him. The characterization of juicebox as desperate bothers me, since even if he's low activity he seems unflappable.

Lack of effort. It's not a change of major behavior since my last read on him - he was just the second option, since Lucky's priest claim was still somewhat believed.

It's not wagoning - I read the explanations for why 'wait 4 vote' priest claim was a bad call, and moved to the next person on my scumlist. He hasn't posted anything yet to change my feelings on him, and I think he's a safe lynch.

OK ... lack of effort <=> desperate? Look: I'm not buying this for half a second because the tells you're mentioning don't match with the emotions you're claiming lead to them, but I'm still going for the Lucky lynch over you today. So if you're around tomorrow, we're going to talk and I want to hear your theory.

Playing with you is weird because it's like looking in a mirror 10 years ago. I like having you around and really hope you stay in the forum a long time, but, you gotta work on getting in there a little more. Having a little more presence. So: bring your case as soon as you've got it, but know that I'm waiting.

You should also probably know that as scum you need to double-check your claims a little more, because if we do play alike, you should know that internal emotional consistency is going to be a big tell for you. You can be polite and get yourself off the hook for minor errors a la "Jim Groovester's votes" but eventually you're going to need to come in with something concrete.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 26, 2021, 03:50:57 pm »

I'm kind of waiting for notquitethere to complain about LuckyOwl being the Day 1 structural mislynch like he did with Secretdorf but he hasn't really spoken up that much about it. He opposes a LuckyOwl lynch so I'm slightly confused why he's not more aggressively going after the LuckyOwl voters to change their mind, given what he did for Secretdorf.

Conclusions
- I no longer support a Lucky lynch, there's too much mutual hostility for them to be a good team candidate.

I'm pretty convinced you're just making stuff up at this point. Lack of effort and desperation are hard to confuse.

Luckyowl, I'd prefer a blue chop but lucky works too, they've got decent equity together.

I want Persus13, but I want BluearianKnight over LuckyOwl. I'm not going to be super broken up about a LuckyOwl lynch but I'd be surprised if he flipped scum.

Any takers?

Ninjaed by Vector
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 26, 2021, 03:54:30 pm »

Honestly, I think BK is scum, but I don't trust LO to rez in town favor regardless of alignment. Which is sad, but I'm worried that leaving LO alive is just going to multiply our problems.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 26, 2021, 03:58:59 pm »

Honestly, I think BK is scum, but I don't trust LO to rez in town favor regardless of alignment. Which is sad, but I'm worried that leaving LO alive is just going to multiply our problems.
Roughly my thoughts as well.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 26, 2021, 04:05:23 pm »

Luckyowl, I'd prefer a blue chop but lucky works too, they've got decent equity together.

I want Persus13, but I want BluearianKnight over LuckyOwl. I'm not going to be super broken up about a LuckyOwl lynch but I'd be surprised if he flipped scum.

Any takers?
I'm content with either. Although the more I think about it the more I'd prefer lucky first purely from a mechanical standpoint: if blue t/lucky w lynching blue means we end up wasting two days on swatting blue (one on town blue and one on rezzed blue), the only worse scenario is them as t/t which I'm pretty sure isn't in the cards this game. Town priest is also a very mrrr role that I'm not super fussed about losing if we're wrong, both from a town mindset and, selfishly, as a survivor.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 26, 2021, 04:09:58 pm »

Alright, I changed my mind, BluarianKnight is scum.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 26, 2021, 04:13:02 pm »

Knew you'd come around.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 26, 2021, 04:15:14 pm »

I'll change my vote-
Bluarianknight.

A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 26, 2021, 04:15:49 pm »

Took you long enough.

I'll change my vote-
Bluarianknight.
And so the lolcats begin.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 26, 2021, 04:16:51 pm »

Knew you'd come around.
I hate voting for new play--

I'll change my vote-
Bluarianknight.

--What.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 26, 2021, 04:20:21 pm »

I'll change my vote-
Bluarianknight.
Explain.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 26, 2021, 04:20:45 pm »

I understand this reasoning but I'm not a fan of it.

My faith in LuckyOwl might be completely misplaced but if we hit scum today and LuckyOwl isn't scum, I don't think even he would resurrect that dead scum player.

I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that the potential damage LuckyOwl could do during N1 as a Priest is reasonably mitigated by a D1 scum lynch.

Of course, the damage is completely mitigated by lynching LuckyOwl, but I'm less certain of LuckyOwl's scumminess than I am of Persus13's and BluearianKnight's.

I'll change my vote-
Bluarianknight.

Pretty sure there's never been a jester role in Supernatural before. Eeveryone, am I correct about that?

There's no good reason to do this except to save LuckyOwl from the lynch which is mega wtf WIFOM.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 26, 2021, 04:22:11 pm »

Took you long enough.

I'll change my vote-
Bluarianknight.
And so the lolcats begin.

Bit late to pull that gambit blue, how about a case instead?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 115