Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: C.A.L.M (Heroes VS Villains, Villains, Turn 9, Project phase.)  (Read 13766 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal of Villain's (Heroes VS Villains, Villains, Turn 4, Deployment phase.)
« Reply #105 on: September 06, 2021, 10:48:13 pm »

I still say we should rename ourselves as C.A.L.M.: C.A.L.M. Association of Larcenous Masterminds.
Seconded. But Calamitous Association of Larcenous Masterminds.

<snip>

Hmm… I like mine better.  How about we put it to a vote?

Quote from: EvilNameVoteBox

C.A.L.M.: C.A.L.M. Association of Larcenous Masterminds.  1 (A_Curious_Cat)
Calamitous Association of Larcenous Masterminds. 1 (TricMagic)

<snip>

On that note,

Corrupt Heroes

One thing all mankind likes is Money. And among heroes, there are bound to be those who are more interested in marketing deals and coverups than heroism. Sure, they will still do Heroism, but it will be against those that are against us instead of against us. It will take a lot of work to gather the profiles, but we can make use of that portfolio to found Metahuman Responsibilty Agency down the line to knock the true heroes out of business later, laving only our own brand of Heroes.

+1
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal of Villain's (Heroes VS Villains, Villains, Turn 4, Deployment phase.)
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2021, 08:55:46 am »

Quote from: EvilVoteBox
Project
Corrupt Heroes: (2) A_Curious_Cat, TricMagic

Name
Calamitous Association of Larcenous Masterminds. 1 (TricMagic)

I'll note CALM is recursive. So our name would have been C.A.L.M. Association of Larcenous Masterminds C.A.L.M. Association of Larcenous Masterminds C.A.L.M. Association of Larcenous Masterminds C.A.L.M. Association of Larcenous Masterminds C.A.L.M. Association of Larcenous Masterminds C.A.L.M. Association of Larcenous Masterminds C.A.L.M. Association of Larcenous Masterminds C.A.L.M. Association of Larcenous Masterminds C.A.L.M. Association of Larcenous Masterminds C.A.L.M. Association of Larcenous Masterminds C.A.L.M. Association of Larcenous Masterminds C.A.L.M. Association of Larcenous Masterminds C.A.L.M. Association of Larcenous Masterminds C.A.L.M. Association of Larcenous Masterminds C.A.L.M. Association of Larcenous Masterminds C.A.L.M. Association of Larcenous Masterminds C.A.L.M. Association of Larcenous Masterminds C.A.L.M. Association of Larcenous Masterminds C.A.L.M. Association of Larcenous Masterminds C.A.L.M. Association of Larcenous Masterminds C.A.L.M. Association of Larcenous Masterminds C.A.L.M. Association of Larcenous Masterminds C.A.L.M. Association of Larcenous Masterminds...etc

Infinite loop. How evil. And against acronyms.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2021, 01:22:00 am »

Im in.
Quote from: EvilVoteBox
Project
Corrupt Heroes: (3) A_Curious_Cat, TricMagic, Detoxicated

Name
Calamitous Association of Larcenous Masterminds(2)(TricMagic, Detoxicated

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2021, 08:32:56 pm »

Project: Corrupt Heroes

Initial Rolls: Initial Rolls: Time (5) Cost (4) (I find this funny...)

Money and power corrupts. That's the old saying anyway, and while it's not entirely true as there are certainly a few who don't have their price, for the vast majority of people, enough money will win them over to go against their ideals or get new ones. Regardless, by getting a group who can be a public 'face' and actually serve as heroes to the public eye, much like Feng Zhelan herself, we can get a vast amount more influence. Of course, there is a cost with this plan, that being it will likely tie us to Pren Gwyn to an extent and mean that keeping the masquerade is of vital importance. But that's a minor cost in the grand scheme of things. Still, it will be possible to make it easier to find a metahuman who is willing to lend their services. The biggest issue really is simply if they have a good moral and integral character, as it'd undoubtedly take at least a bit of time to corrupt them and mean we need to be delicate with them so they don't find out too much before they can be tied to us willingly or unwillingly in crime. Still, it'll certainly help a bit.

It is currently the Deployment phase.

You may now assign a character to either work on one of you projects, recruit more villains into the fold, move to another city, or lastly engage in the world for one action or another. In the case of the latter, it is best to devise a plan. Otherwise, they will simply do more generic actions that fit their character. (You also can pick one action to progress by two ticks instead of one, considering the whole Vinod thing. I'm still giving it to you, so if you want you should use it now or later.)

Status of the Cabal:
Spoiler: Status of the Cabal (click to show/hide)

Villain list:
Spoiler: Feng Zhelan (click to show/hide)
Current Reputation - 33

Spoiler: Vinod Ashtekar (click to show/hide)
Current Reputation - 0
Completed Projects:
Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)

Current Projects:
Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 01:45:08 am by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: C.A.L.M (Heroes VS Villains, Villains, Turn 4, Deployment phase.)
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2021, 12:41:22 am »

We need to do something.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2021, 04:17:53 am »

Assign Feng to research the stealth suits
Assign vinod to research Corrupt Heros

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2021, 07:21:34 am »

Lolololol imagine using an action to create villains by a different name. Fantastic idea too, ignoring everything that was laid out by the team up until now. Literally everything has been about sneakin around and staying out of the public eye. What a waste of an action. We already have a recruitment method to work on (MURDER), and it’s firmly rooted in shit we’ve already done as opposed to being based on throwing money, an actual resource that already has enough uses, at people. I cannot stress how much of a wasted action this is.

Hell, the way Feng and, ugh, CALM, was played up until now was as that neighborhood charitable business with a hidden dark side. We’ve been building up to pull off a heckin heist for the whole game, some tools for that would have been nice. Shame I thought this game was dead or I’d have argued against literally the entire last phase.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2021, 08:17:54 am »

Lol why so angry?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2021, 08:27:09 am »

The entire game kinda stalled due to no-one making designs. Think of it this way though, combining the two is bound to have some effects right?

Plan: Sneak and Heist
Feng Zhelan Stealth Suits, Progress by 2 ticks. 4$ and 4 Influence
Recruit a Heist Squad: 5 Master Thieves for 2$

:Vinod Ashtekar: Heist of the Century Vinod Ashtekar and 5 Master Thieves.

Anyone want to writeup the target? Going to need to be high value.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2021, 09:01:24 am »

Not mad detox, just disappointed that the team was doing a great job of maintaining focus and breaking the typical mould of arms race teams, and in one action we did something redundant that both manages to run against the direction the team was going while also ensuring it further ties down one of our resources. Because spoiler alert for those who don’t know, bribes usually aren’t one time things.

And Tric, the problem with having them both is in order to do so we’re going to need to spend turns to develop them on top of the action wasted to make corrupt heroes. That’s a lot of time spent doing something with the same purpose when we could be working on shit that’ll actually add new and good stuff to the team’s stockpiles - chop shops, pirate radio, high tech or specialized thieving tools and auxiliary equipment such as night vision and thermals or guns and breaching tools, just to give a very small set of possibilities.

As it stands we don’t even know how MURDER will end up. Having additional recruitment could prove unnecessary in the first place, at least for a time.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2021, 09:19:43 am »

Such is my mistake, though at the time I was just thinking what I could propose rather than what had been done already.

Of course, looking at it this rolled much better than MURDER's Snake-eyes. So there is at least that benefit.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2021, 10:11:39 am »

You also made a mistake in the discord by posting about our shit in a general channel you dingus. That’s pretty much gonna default us to MURDER anyways since you openly gave the other team the name of your project that does exactly what it says on the tin. Thanks!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2021, 10:28:56 am »

(My only defense is that this game was pretty much dead on this side. And that still isn't much of one.)

Also, MURDER is still 3 cost and 4 influence to Corrupt's 2 each. Do you actually have some plan you can wrtieup to contribute? Or just poke fun at me for showing up and making dumb decisions and mistakes?

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2021, 10:33:14 am »

Maybe perhaps I’m phoneposting and gonna post later. It’s not like we’re being rushed by the gm here.

Maybe perhaps you should step back about me contributing, look at the history of the thread, and also realize that you broke opsec into a dozen pieces in your first turn on the team. Be less bad and I won’t be able to criticize you for it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2021, 10:43:47 am »

Maybe perhaps I’m phoneposting and gonna post later. It’s not like we’re being rushed by the gm here.

Maybe perhaps you should step back about me contributing, look at the history of the thread, and also realize that you broke opsec into a dozen pieces in your first turn on the team. Be less bad and I won’t be able to criticize you for it.
Fair. (Heroes already have two votes, so.)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14