Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - D1 - Bloodless Town Victory  (Read 19339 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - D1 - 2 Replacements needed
« Reply #255 on: February 17, 2021, 05:24:04 pm »

I'm pretty sure Vector voted. Here's a Mamobo for you.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 17, 2021, 05:24:30 pm »

Mamobo #5!

Vote Count
------------------------
Caz - 0 -
Egan_BW - 1 - ToonyMan*,
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Juicebox - 0 -
LuckyOwl - 0 -
mightymushroom - 1 - Nirur Torir*,
Nirur Torir - 0 -
Secretdorf - 0 -
Toaster - 1 - Vector*,
ToonyMan - 2 - TricMagic*, Egan_BW*,
TricMagic - 2 - mightymushroom*, webadict*,
Vector - 0 -
webadict - 0 -
No Lynch - 2 - Caz*, FallacyofUrist*,

Not Voting - 5 - LuckyOwl, Secretdorf*, Juicebox, Jim Groovester, Toaster,

8 to Hammer.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 17, 2021, 06:18:48 pm »

At work so not much time to think about mafia.

I don't want to see the focus of Day 1 be all about the plan. I still prefer to scumhunt and lynch as usual. The shield daisy chain on N1 is good.

Re: replacements: if I had to lynch somebody right now it would be Egan_BW or Tricmagic since they give me the most scummy feelings even before they replaced out.

I think we're well below hammer limit but I'll vote Egan_BW when I get to focus on this game a bit more later tonight.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 17, 2021, 06:49:15 pm »

I don't really know if we should vote for Egan, considering they're also up for replacement, and has posted very little. I think we stand to gain a lot more information if they were to be replaced.

and while thus does seem like the same Tric from BYOR, I have this gut feeling that it's scum! Tric trying to fake it here.

So I'm going to place my vote on TricMagic

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 17, 2021, 06:54:12 pm »

Web and mushroom:
Are you willing and able to take verifiable actions tonight?

I feel like it's important to kill the dummies. But they don't have to both be lynches. I started with assassin 1, and can level it up to 2 tonight to poison one. At worst, it forces the scum to use an action and a level up to counter it, and we have to lynch the bot later instead of now. Their actions are worth more than mine, especially if we can keep verification schemes going to keep their usable action count down.
At best, we get a replacement and can cure the poison.

I have a preference for lynching Tric over Egan, but I'm not ready to throw a lynch vote on someone who can't respond while only halfway through the day.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 17, 2021, 07:48:08 pm »

Web and mushroom:
I can certainly try.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 17, 2021, 08:08:56 pm »

@Nirur:
I feel like it's important to kill the dummies. But they don't have to both be lynches. I started with assassin 1, and can level it up to 2 tonight to poison one. At worst, it forces the scum to use an action and a level up to counter it, and we have to lynch the bot later instead of now. Their actions are worth more than mine, especially if we can keep verification schemes going to keep their usable action count down.
At best, we get a replacement and can cure the poison.
I appreciate the idea, but I want everyone to be handing out shields tonight.

Currently:
Quote from: The Plan for Night 1
The Plan

Everybody get Merchant 1 at the end of day if you don't have it (otherwise work towards your profession).

webadict Sell Shield ToonyMan (50% chance of working)
ToonyMan Sell Shield Caz
Caz Sell Shield FallacyofUrist
FallacyofUrist Sell Shield Vector
Vector Sell Shield Luckyowl
Luckyowl Sell Shield Secretdorf
Secretdorf Sell Shield mightymushroom
mightymushroom Sell Shield juicebox
juicebox Sell Shield Egan BW
Egan BW Sell Shield Nirur Torir
Nirur Torir Sell Shield webadict
TricMagic Sell Shield Jim Groovester
Jim Groovester Sell Shield Toaster
Toaster Sell Shield TricMagic

mightymushroom hasn't changed their stance, while Egan BW and TricMagic will do something random at best or be orchestrated by mafia at worst.

If possible I want someone else to give Jim a shield. I don't mind only having a 50% chance of getting a shield from Web, if scum decide to risk trying to kill me that's their gamble, but I don't want scum getting a free twofer from killing Jim if he's town.

Possible Idea:
Quote from: The Plan, draft
webadict Sell Shield ToonyMan (50% chance of working)
ToonyMan Sell Shield Caz
Caz Sell Shield FallacyofUrist
FallacyofUrist Sell Shield Vector
Vector Sell Shield Luckyowl
Luckyowl Sell Shield Secretdorf
Secretdorf Sell Shield juicebox
juicebox Sell Shield Nirur Torir
Nirur Torir Sell Shield Jim Groovester
Jim Groovester Sell Shield Toaster
Toaster Sell Shield webadict

mightymushroom we don't know
TricMagic we don't know
Egan BW we don't know
I popped mightymushroom, TricMagic, and Egan BW out of the list and reconnected everyone. Does this look good to everyone?

If we eliminate one of these three then there's no changes to make. If we eliminate someone else we can make the changes beforehand.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - D1 - 1 Replacement needed
« Reply #262 on: February 17, 2021, 08:32:02 pm »

Mightymushroom, claims a flaw that prevents them from following the plan, my guess is they have Blinkered and their target is somebody else. If they choose to admit this we can work around their flaw to have Night 1 work still. Otherwise we'll be in the dark just like Webadict, another good candidate for lynching.

I don't know how you got Blinkered from the post you linked. It's a misstatement of what I claimed.

Web and mushroom:

There is one verifiable action I could do tonight. The verifiable effect will be too late for tomorrow's discussion however.
I wonder ToonyMan will understand that one.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 17, 2021, 08:32:13 pm »

Sorry if this is killing the Day 1 discussion. I think it's important, but it's definitely a side objective to our overall goal.

I think we're pretty much squared in on it now at least.

I'm going to reread the thread later and get an early game read list on the players next. If anything looks funny I'll poke and prod.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 17, 2021, 08:34:09 pm »

Mightymushroom, claims a flaw that prevents them from following the plan, my guess is they have Blinkered and their target is somebody else. If they choose to admit this we can work around their flaw to have Night 1 work still. Otherwise we'll be in the dark just like Webadict, another good candidate for lynching.
I don't know how you got Blinkered from the post you linked. It's a misstatement of what I claimed.
I'm completely guessing.

Web and mushroom:
There is one verifiable action I could do tonight. The verifiable effect will be too late for tomorrow's discussion however.
I wonder ToonyMan will understand that one.
Hmm, okay.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 17, 2021, 09:41:54 pm »

Sorry for being absent, replacements is not an option for me, I am thinking. I'd go ahead with the plan. And we should lynch  Egan BW or tricmagic. Which one has a wagon?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 17, 2021, 09:54:18 pm »

Secretdorf:
Sorry for being absent, replacements is not an option for me, I am thinking. I'd go ahead with the plan. And we should lynch  Egan BW or tricmagic. Which one has a wagon?

We could lynch you instead for not even trying to pretend you're reading the thread.

I'm not seeing the TricMagic case.  I'm about to look at the votes again, but first...

NotQuiteThere:  If a player is replacing out but sends their night picks in ahead of time, will you use those pre-sent picks?

If so, we can hopefully confirm Tric's sent something in, which prevents any need for a policy lynch on him.

TricMagic:  If you are still reading, can you confirm you're in for this?

I am currently slated to give TricMagic a shield.  I will still do so assuming the plan doesn't change or he isn't lynched.  If he's lynched, I'll just move on to Web since he's next in the list.  If the Plan changes, I'll do that instead.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 17, 2021, 10:17:02 pm »

Secretdorf:

We could lynch you instead for not even trying to pretend you're reading the thread.
Irony oh irony.

How would giving Tric a shield help with the plan for tonight? NPCs cannot validate actions, nor do they need protection from mafia kills.
Just up the page, Toony proposed a change where you shield Wuba instead of Tric.

How do you not see the Tric case? He's an NPC bot doing random things, spreading chaos. This is only good for scum.
I'd love to lynch scum instead of an NPC bot. But a policy vote against someone for being absent, as he apologizes for his absence with a question to help bring him fully up-to-speed, doesn't strike me as working towards a town victory.

3 on Tric, 1 on Egan.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - D1 - 1 Replacement needed
« Reply #268 on: February 17, 2021, 10:37:15 pm »

Only three votes on Tric... why does it feel like more?  Probably because we have a few people indicating willingness to vote for Tric.

Mightymushroom:
Mostly the point any plans I had on Medium-ing secretly went out the window with this plan. I started poking as many holes into it as I could because it has workarounds that are obvious enough to see. Flowermaidens could for example dope to bypass the shield. I should know given I would have liked that role from the start. As is any longterm plans I had have been completely disrupted by this. On the bright side, that should apply to mafia as well, up till they use teamwork to get around it.

TricMagic I would feel better about you if you had more to say about this alternative "Medium-ing secretly". Anything you care tell me for starters, no use keeping it in if you can't do it any more.

I'm not sure I follow this line of attack.  Can you expand on it please?

Webadict is reading fairly town to me at the moment, but I do want to know: is your vote on Tric based on anything but NQT's statement?

Juicebox:  Now that the Plan for Night 1 is settling into place, what's your plan for the rest of D1?

Jim:  Who do you suspect that isn't Tric or Egan?

Nirur:
How would giving Tric a shield help with the plan for tonight? NPCs cannot validate actions, nor do they need protection from mafia kills.
Just up the page, Toony proposed a change where you shield Wuba instead of Tric.

How do you not see the Tric case? He's an NPC bot doing random things, spreading chaos. This is only good for scum.
I'd love to lynch scum instead of an NPC bot. But a policy vote against someone for being absent, as he apologizes for his absence with a question to help bring him fully up-to-speed, doesn't strike me as working towards a town victory.

I saw the change after I typed that and didn't feel like changing it.

Every bit of what applies to Tric can be applied to Egan.  What I'm not seeing is why Tric instead of Egan?    Tric has more content that can be parsed, so any read-based reasoning can be outlined.  It's all striking me as off, especially when you have people like Secretdorf blatantly looking for a bandwagon.

3 on Tric, 1 on Egan.

And then you help him bandwagon.  What say you, Nirur Torir?  Why are you voting Mightymushroom instead of this policy bot lynch?    Why are you ignoring Egan?  Why are you helping zero-effort Secretdorf be zero effort?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 17, 2021, 10:46:41 pm »

I read Egan as Townier than Tric. That is all.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21