Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: reactions for specific alcohols (for stocks)  (Read 1181 times)

sheepish_gorilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
reactions for specific alcohols (for stocks)
« on: February 10, 2021, 01:36:55 pm »

Hey guys,

after 2 years I'm getting back into DF, one problem of the meantime was that I had some harddisk problem and I lost all my DF stuff from before. But when I previously played DF I had, instead of just the general reaction, specific reactions for each alcohol type. The reason for this is it allows for setting stock levels for each alcohol type, so you can have a little bit of everything, instead of 95% plump helmet wine. But now I'm trying to retrace those steps in creating those reactions. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who had this, but I can't find other topics on brewing reactions like this. So could you help pointing me towards other posts on this subject? Or are there no other topics on specific brewing reactions? If so, could someone help me with an example of the proper reagent code lines, so I can create all the others based on that?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: reactions for specific alcohols (for stocks)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 11:56:45 pm »

the job manager in game would let you set up those filters I'm pretty sure. If anything you could learn a bit of java/c# to just make a simple console application that could take a template, say, template like (take right from base DF but modifed):

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:BREW_DRINK_FROM_XYZ]
[NAME:brew drink from xyz]
[BUILDING:STILL:HOTKEY_STILL_BREW]
[REAGENT:plant:1:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:XYZ:STRUCTURAL]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK_MAT]
[UNROTTEN]
[REAGENT:barrel/pot:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[EMPTY]
[FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER] barrel or any non-absorbing tool with FOOD_STORAGE
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:5:DRINK:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:plant:DRINK_MAT]
[PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:barrel/pot]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:plant:SEED_MAT]
[SKILL:BREWING]

all XYZ/xyz should be replaced with the plant you want, you could even replace "drink" with what booze it is "Strawberry Wine" as an example. To be honest I really just use the new job manager stuff, it's actually quite advanced.

sheepish_gorilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 02:46:20 am »

Hmm, now I'm starting to doubt, it could be that I was using job manager for this, specyfing the ingredients. I also just found out you can load a text script into Workflow, so you only have to write it once, then copy it to any game you play.

(still, having the name of every drink instead of a long list of 'brew drink from plant' is also kinda neat. I might still do it. I don't have the programming skills, but it should be doable by hand)

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 05:36:18 am »

I think you can achieve something like this by combining the job manager with specific Stills, each having a linked stockpile that only accepts a particular brewable plant.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2021, 04:37:30 am »

I think you can achieve something like this by combining the job manager with specific Stills, each having a linked stockpile that only accepts a particular brewable plant.

Yep, exactly. I do this for quality control and workshop 'P'rofile larger work orders than the 10 queued up inputs mainly to save myself from early onset RSI. Bulk-brewing to be safe in knowledge im not going to run out, and to put booze to other uses like implementation in cooking.

defianturist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2021, 08:17:48 am »

I actually had the same frustration so I made my own reactions for all crops and tree fruits currently on 47.05. I finished it a month ago but just recently uploaded to github.
Here's the link to the page https://github.com/FierReboro/DFStill
All the [REACTION:***] tags, [PERMITTED_REACTION:***] tags, as well as the code for DFhack save raw file injection are there(if you have installed DFhack).