Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Make Sites Created In Adventure Mode Deletable If No Structures Were Ever Placed  (Read 804 times)

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile

By structures I mean things like walls, floors furnitures and so on. If the player made a site and created plans for structures but none structures were placed the site can be deleted. Designating zones also should not prevent site deleting.

If structures were created than if they all get deleted the site will be deletable again.

Damn, I wish I could claim burrows of night trolls I killed for myself.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 01:34:33 pm by rico6822 »
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

???

Did you accidentally found a site while training with Master Limulus:P
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

???

Dunno what that means. I normally created a camp with "b" and cannot reverse it. This camp features no structures at all and I can only give in to starvation.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

???

Dunno what that means. I normally created a camp with "b" and cannot reverse it. This camp features no structures at all and I can only give in to starvation.

The problem comes with using macros to train wrestling with the Master by repeatedly grabbing them and letting them go.  Sometimes they will move out of the way and you won’t be able to grab them without moving towards them.  Additionally, they might cause you to move during the wrestling process.  Thus, if a) you lose your hold on Master Limulus, and b) you are not on the beach, then you will end up creating plans for a structure which will cause a site to be founded.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

???

The problem comes with using macros to train wrestling with the Master by repeatedly grabbing them and letting them go.  Sometimes they will move out of the way and you won’t be able to grab them without moving towards them.  Additionally, they might cause you to move during the wrestling process.  Thus, if a) you lose your hold on Master Limulus, and b) you are not on the beach, then you will end up creating plans for a structure which will cause a site to be founded.

I'm not insane. I created a camp near mountains and far from any waters.

I just realized that you talk to me as if I had autism because I made an error in my post I now corrected. Read again. English is not my native language.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 01:35:56 pm by rico6822 »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh?  I didn’t see anything to indicate autism, nor did I reply in a way to indicate I did.

Anyways, I think the suggestion is a good one.

Also, Master Limulus (you really should follow the above link) lives by the sea, so if you want to train with him, you have to be near the sea.  What I described is a common mishap that can occur during such training if you accidentally make it off the beach during training.  The result is basically the same problem you described, and would be fixed by the same suggestion.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh?  I didn’t see anything to indicate autism, nor did I reply in a way to indicate I did.

Also, Master Limulus (you really should follow the above link) lives by the sea, so if you want to train with him, you have to be near the sea.  What I described is a common mishap that can occur during such training if you accidentally make it off the beach during training.  The result is basically the same problem you described, and would be fixed by the same suggestion.

You must had taken that Personality Database post I made pretty seriously. So you are telling me to directly write private message to Toady?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 04:57:31 pm by rico6822 »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Okay, this has been fascinating, but I feel like I should help.

You must had taken that Personality Database post I made pretty seriously. So you are telling me to directly write private message to Toady?
No, he was making a joke about an apparently common (I dunno, I don't play adv mode) way people accidentally start sites, by wrestling with horseshoe crabs, which I guess involves hitting 'b' a lot, and then accidentally getting pushed into a position where the key starts a site instead. He doesn't seem to have meant anything at all else by it.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh?  What “Personality Database post”?  I don’t seem to remember you making one.  You’ll have to jog my memory.  A link would be nice.  Also, what does your reply have to do with my reply?  You seem to be jumping to conclusions.  Chill, please...

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, he was making a joke about an apparently common (I dunno, I don't play adv mode) way people accidentally start sites, by wrestling with horseshoe crabs, which I guess involves hitting 'b' a lot, and then accidentally getting pushed into a position where the key starts a site instead. He doesn't seem to have meant anything at all else by it.

Looking at the wiki, it appears that the problem is that, when you wrestle, you get up next to the target and hit ‘A’ to initiate an attack and then hit ‘b’ to select a wrestling move.  The training sequence for training wrestling involves repeatedly grabbing and releasing the horseshoe crab.  To speed things up, a macro is made which is then invoked multiple times (you can play a macro multiple times by hitting Ctl-u and then a number up to 99 to set the number of times, and then hitting ctl-p to play the macro).  The problem is that, if the horseshoe crab moves out of reach between your releasing it and grabbing it again (a problem that the macro doesn’t check for), the ‘A’ fails and the subsequent ‘b’ founds a site (the exception being if you are on a beach -sites cannot be founded on a beach-).

Hopefully that explains what is going on.

(I seem to remember, but can’t find, a drawing of an adventurer -completely clad in adamantium- using a horseshoe crab like a bath brush).

Edit:  further explanations added.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 06:15:10 pm by A_Curious_Cat »

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looking at the wiki, it appears that the problem is that, when you wrestle, you get up next to the target and hit ‘A’ to initiate an attack and then hit ‘b’ to select a wrestling move.  The training sequence for training wrestling involves repeatedly grabbing and releasing the horseshoe crab.  To speed things up, a macro is made which is then invoked multiple times.  The problem is that, if the horseshoe crab moves out of reach between your releasing it and grabbing it again, the ‘A’ fails and the subsequent ‘b’ founds a site (the exception being if you are on a beach -sites cannot be founded on a beach-).

(I seem to remember, but can’t find, a drawing of an adventurer -completely clad in adamantium- using a horseshoe crab like a bath brush).

I did created site on purpose, not accident. I wanted to see what it looks like. I know I can wrestle safely by just being prone and spamming one key while combat preference is set to close combat.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looking at the wiki, it appears that the problem is that, when you wrestle, you get up next to the target and hit ‘A’ to initiate an attack and then hit ‘b’ to select a wrestling move.  The training sequence for training wrestling involves repeatedly grabbing and releasing the horseshoe crab.  To speed things up, a macro is made which is then invoked multiple times.  The problem is that, if the horseshoe crab moves out of reach between your releasing it and grabbing it again, the ‘A’ fails and the subsequent ‘b’ founds a site (the exception being if you are on a beach -sites cannot be founded on a beach-).

I did created site on purpose, not accident. I wanted to see what it looks like. I know I can wrestle safely by just being prone and spamming one key while combat preference is set to close combat.

Well, whether the site was created accidentally (as in my case) or purposefully but you’re having second thoughts (as in your case), the suggestion you’ve made solves both our problems.  :D  Therefore, it is a good suggestion.

Btw, the post your quoting was mainly aimed at Maximum Spin.  I also edited it to explain things a little better if you want to go back and read it again.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Btw, the post your quoting was mainly aimed at Maximum Spin.  I also edited it to explain things a little better if you want to go back and read it again.
Oh, I fully understood what was going on. I even correctly assumed what the 'b' was for, although I didn't bother to say so. I mean, I appreciate the effort, but you didn't need to explain, it wasn't hard to understand from your first statement.