Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26

Author Topic: Skynet's Seduction [Resistance Victory]  (Read 20423 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Skynet's Seduction [Resistance Victory]
« Reply #345 on: February 11, 2021, 06:13:30 pm »

There were two "town" factions trying to get Sarah Connor. The eco party were the standard ones that wanted to lynch her. The seducer party wanted to get her at night.

Secretdorf, Tric, and Luckyowl were all vanilla townies though? They could win both ways, yes?

I'm very confused :'(
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 11, 2021, 06:15:16 pm »

Oh weird... so at best, two out of three town factions could win.
In the best case scenario, and if everyone had perfect knowledge of what they were playing against, NO. The Eco-Party would always immediately lose. Why? Because the Town should always side with the Seducer. ALWAYS.

But, since the Town was basically split into quarters, good luck getting any victory off that one. It's basically a Night game at that point, and since Eco-Party lost their Night game, and the Seducer... The Seducer gets immediately fucked over for missing.

Basically, the "winning strategy" is to No Lynch, but the Seducer literally needs to hit a home run or we all lose. Except... Like, Sarah Connor will fucking murder everyone before that happens! It's literally not winnable by Town. Basically... Win odds? Like... 20% Town(12% Seducer/8% Eco-Party). Maybe.

The game should've been subtitled as "Fuck this Town in particular."
"Fuck Day 3 Webadict Now"

What was the Eco Party wincon, anyway? I never quite understood that.
There were two "town" factions trying to get Sarah Connor. The eco party were the standard ones that wanted to lynch her. The seducer party wanted to get her at night.

Webadict's valid complaint is that means only three players wanted to lynch Sarah Connor during the day.

Three players, out of nine. How does the eco party win that?
No, it's still valid. I have to be alive after Day 3.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 11, 2021, 06:24:40 pm »

Secretdorf, Tric, and Luckyowl were all vanilla townies though? They could win both ways, yes?
I'm very confused :'(
Oh, right.

I don't know anymore. Three townies that could either side with X eco party people or Y seducer party people?

In that case that would leave either one eco party player and two seducers, or two eco party players and one seducer. Doesn't sound right though.

That means probably four players that would want to lynch Sarah Connor...unless the VTs sided with the seducers in which case they wouldn't care and the eco party would have no hope of winning.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 06:26:17 pm by ToonyMan »

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 11, 2021, 06:39:59 pm »

Dead Chat

Town was really all vanilla townies? :L

Eco-party could only win if we managed to hit SC with the one-shot vig, I think. Tbh I never considered SC as being anything other than alone given all the factions we knew were about. Meh.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 11, 2021, 06:44:25 pm »

Couldn't town have won if you killed me during the day?

Tbh I never considered SC as being anything other than alone given all the factions we knew were about. Meh.
Kwehehehe this is exactly the idea I wanted town to have.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 11, 2021, 06:45:42 pm »

Near as I can make out, the role distribution was something like this:

TricMagic, Luckyowl, Secretdorf - Vanilla townies
webadict, Caz - Eco party
Vector - Seducer

FallacyofUrist - Survivor

Superdorf, notquitethere - Resistance

Dead Chat

Oh huh, y'all were trying to get a message to us? Interesting.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 11, 2021, 06:49:37 pm »

LuckyOwl and Caz (once dead) correctly had me as Sarah, making them the most accurate town players in the game.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 06:51:21 pm by notquitethere »

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 11, 2021, 06:56:13 pm »

LuckyOwl and Caz (once dead) correctly had me as Sarah, making them the most accurate town players in the game.

Even if we'd made the message from the dead literally "NQT IS SARAH CONNOR" there still weren't enough town votes left by day 3 to lynch you anyway. And Vector couldn't seduce you because you could roleblock. So... lol?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 11, 2021, 06:58:52 pm »

Lol, with what votes? Seducer doesn't want to vote SC. SC doesn't want to vote SC. The fact SC had an ALLY makes that so hard that there isn't a probable way to lynch SC this game. Seducer is a DOUBLEVOTER. So, almost all of the remaining Town has to vote correctly. This only works on Day 1. That's it.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 11, 2021, 07:01:24 pm »

I should have just yolo'd my vig kill n1 :D which would be a terrible strategy in any other game, except that by n1 here there were already more scum players alive than town players

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 11, 2021, 07:05:09 pm »

Tbh I never considered SC as being anything other than alone given all the factions we knew were about. Meh.
Kwehehehe this is exactly the idea I wanted town to have.
No, we had that idea because anything else would be so massively unbalanced that it should never have existed. That's two Mafia in a 9p game where another of the players do not want to lynch you.

It's such a horrible idea that I cannot begin to explain how unbalanced it is.

I cannot repeat that enough. It is massively unbalanced.

I should have just yolo'd my vig kill n1 :D which would be a terrible strategy in any other game, except that by n1 here there were already more scum players alive than town players
Yep. I don't fault you because I literally didn't realize how fucked we were on Day fucking 1.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 11, 2021, 07:07:32 pm »

@NQT: Honestly, I had strong suspicions after I said I had information in PMs and you went directly to the thread with it. The alarm bells were beeping. I was 50-50 on trying to seduce you vs. secretdorf (AGAIN) that night.

Lol, with what votes? Seducer doesn't want to vote SC. SC doesn't want to vote SC. The fact SC had an ALLY makes that so hard that there isn't a probable way to lynch SC this game. Seducer is a DOUBLEVOTER. So, almost all of the remaining Town has to vote correctly. This only works on Day 1. That's it.

I agree with this comment. I also felt like the cost-benefit of actioning on my side was really frustrating. You hit D2 with 7P and if I had accidentally seduced anyone off the scumteam N1 and either of us got eliminated, scum NKs and town loses. Game over.

Would have preferred something like seducer and seducer-ally. Ally has the double-vote, I have something for a seduce action, I don't know who the ally is but they know who I am and we don't get free PMing.

(Free PMing was another reason why I thought we were supposed to be looking for teammates that hadn't been named in our role PMs)

(I'm "hybrid-aligned," so who exactly am I aligned with?)

(also VT should've been something like a fake-claim only faction and FoU is the only person to flip VT, or something like that)

(I maintain that the setup I suggested woulda been a good game >_>)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 11, 2021, 07:13:36 pm »

How I could have gotten lynched is exactly how Lucky did- if some of the town thought I was scum and the seducer didn't think I was then that would have been that- I obviously would never claim to be SC after all.

As you can tell from the chats, we were hunting out the seducer for night actions, so when Vector claimed we had to keep a block or kill there.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 11, 2021, 07:31:59 pm »

How I could have gotten lynched is exactly how Lucky did- if some of the town thought I was scum and the seducer didn't think I was then that would have been that- I obviously would never claim to be SC after all.

As you can tell from the chats, we were hunting out the seducer for night actions, so when Vector claimed we had to keep a block or kill there.
This only works on Day 1. That's it.
Town is so massively outclassed that it's not really a discussion. This game was nowhere near balanced. It would have been more balanced had SC not had an ally. It would have been much harder for SC faction, but at least the Town faction would have about a 60% win chance off that, which at least isn't "You only get one shot to win."

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 11, 2021, 07:32:51 pm »

That does remind me that I need to put another game into the queue.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26