Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26

Author Topic: Skynet's Seduction [Resistance Victory]  (Read 20433 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Skynet's Seduction [Day 3]
« Reply #315 on: February 11, 2021, 03:27:57 pm »

Once more, the mob roared into action before the Hammering vote was cast. webadict was terminated.

[...]

Vector was endgamed.
Player Name: Vector. Role Name: Dr. Serena Kogan, Seducer/Double Voter. Hybrid-Aligned.

I thought so, though I was stuck on why nobody had bothered to suggest this. (If they did, I missed it!) As a passive lurker with absolutely no inside info, I was forced to assume that nobody who was 'sure'[1] wanted to say. But I was trying to work out who might be deliberately overlooking it, and therefore why...

[1] There was the possibility it was a conveyed-aptitude, perhaps on different recipients in each phase. Perhaps by multiple one-shot or shared-action individuals. Which would have made my calculations even more complicated...

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Skynet's Seduction [Resistance Victory]
« Reply #316 on: February 11, 2021, 03:31:02 pm »

...oh!

Is that why we kept "roaring into action" before the technical casting of the hammer vote! I assumed that was just some kind of weird flavor thing.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 11, 2021, 03:32:54 pm »

Also, hey Starver :)
Neat to see we had some spectators for this one. ToonyMan, Starver, 4maskwolf, Tiruin!

klonk
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 11, 2021, 03:37:21 pm »

I was worried there'd be some upset, but that was surprisingly straightforward at the end. Nobody suspected me. Loved being the hero of the story and winning the day. Props go out to my super ally Superdorf!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 11, 2021, 03:38:49 pm »

After the second 'your hammer was pre-hammered!' Vec was the only common factor. And, as it turns out, the third one too, though it only caused a loss. ;)

(I wander in and out. Mostly I stay quiet. I nearly joined this one, based on my subject knowledge. I probably wouldn't actually have helped anyone who needed help, though I too imagine Kyle as a possible role. But also that there'd be some post-original Arnie, which was not correct.)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 11, 2021, 03:40:27 pm »

NQT was obvscum pushing the idea that today wasn't lylo when it CLEARLY WAS.
Haha sure, but the town didn't officially know there was a two-person resistance team.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 11, 2021, 03:44:05 pm »

NQT was obvscum pushing the idea that today wasn't lylo when it CLEARLY WAS.
Haha sure, but the town didn't officially know there was a two-person resistance team.
That was an obvious conclusion to make though. 9 players means 2 mafia. No mafia had died and anybody willing to push that narrative are scummy.

Edit:
Also, hey Starver :)
Neat to see we had some spectators for this one. ToonyMan, Starver, 4maskwolf, Tiruin!
I am always watching.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 03:46:57 pm by ToonyMan »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 11, 2021, 03:47:16 pm »

I kind of fucked myself by assuming we had a bastard mod situation. But I also think that, in a small game, we need to realize:

- a seducer is going to vote with scum
- a survivor/watcher/whatever often does too
- ecofash is strongly incentivized to not share information about Sarah Connor's identity unless they can actually get a kill on her *that day* due to presence of seducer
- that leaves us with six players whose daygame is essentially scummy
-> think about what the little VTs are facing D1!!!
-> didn't help that our VTs were . . . secret, lucky, and tric?? I can only imagine this being balanced if all Vanilla Terminators had a 1x inspect or something.

The balance was a large part of my assuming that we were supposed to realize we didn't have a town. Some posted limit on the number of fake flips would be helpful. I also think that FoU being a miller to copping but flipping as Skynet would have been good enough. We didn't need FoU flipping as resistance.

That was an obvious conclusion to make though. 9 players means 2 mafia. No mafia had died and anybody willing to push that narrative are scummy.

Yes, 2 mafia and 7 town.

The only thing I'm proud of regarding my play in this game was briefly convincing Webadict that LuckyOwl had been the seducer and I was just out for blood. The only thing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Skynet's Seduction [Day 2]
« Reply #323 on: February 11, 2021, 03:52:21 pm »

BTW, one false 'lead' I was pursuing in my headcanon was that somewhere between...

Webadict and I can mutually confirm that we aren't Sarah Connor or affiliated with her in any way.

Not via mod-confirmation, but just like ... you should PoE us.
This person gets it.
...and...
I can't sleep, so I'm going to do something really stupid.

[...]

Oh, and Webadict. Sorry, buddy. It was fun while it lasted.

...the (whatever)-team of Web and Vector had decided that being chummy had very bad optics to whoever they were trying to beat. The whiplash was painful. Though, as it turns out, it was just a normal paranoia-fed hissy fit.  :P

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 11, 2021, 04:05:59 pm »

What? I didn't give a shit about optics. Lol?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 11, 2021, 04:11:26 pm »

Well, it did look a little like "we're both going to be run over by a bus, at this rate, so let's both try and push each under it and let the survivor safely continue with The Plan!"

Which shows how far I was straying from reality.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 11, 2021, 04:15:23 pm »

I literally would never had signed up for this game had I known what it wasn't.

The setup itself revolved around knowing we had information we couldn't ever get. The game itself was incredibly unbalanced in multiple ways.

I dunno. Everything stopped mattering on N2, and I stopped playing. Didn't even bother actioning because I didn't even know if my action was furthering my goal or fucking me over. Basically... How does anyone even win that?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 11, 2021, 04:16:36 pm »

I really wanted you dead N2, for the record-- your scumlist was getting scary close to the real thing. NQT had to talk me out of it.

klonk
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 11, 2021, 04:49:21 pm »

It was absolutely an interesting setup.

But the town seemed to have no power roles.

9 players, where the majority were non-town, and one of the non-town was a double voter?

If the town had power roles and a way to clear each other, they might have made that work, but it was kinda unbalanced. I don't regret signing up, but there's some lessons to learn for the next time you mod, Skynet.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 11, 2021, 05:16:46 pm »

If Vector tried to Seduce Secretdorf N1, I got extra fucked because I was told nothing happened to Secretdorf.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26