Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26

Author Topic: Skynet's Seduction [Resistance Victory]  (Read 20601 times)

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Skynet's Seduction [Day 1 begins]
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2021, 10:58:23 pm »

And no, I'm not a hybrid. 100% machine. Just a little too well concealed.

Sounds like "infiltrator" to me :V

You wanna claim some other reason why you're doctored up to look like a meatbag?
Yeah, tell us that in flavor and don't make it up.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2021, 11:08:37 pm »

Luckyowl, Vector: What's your take on things so far?

The scumteam likely includes 3 players. Sarah Conar(our true and only wincon as town),  a human, a possible other human or a rouge machine(But I think it's the latter as it would fit the terminator theme quite well.) I'm not sure if they know who are they allies though. But currently, I would throw in Caz, NQT, and FOU.

Caz, for possibly giving a scum slip when they asked me if I was SC would I try to stay low and try to find allies. When we really don't know much of this set up to say something like that.

FOU and NQT, because of the whole code language seems weird and yeah, they're going to say "anyone can break it", but still, if you were town you would be aiding us on hunting down or seducing her.
Luckyowl, how do you know about a '3p scumteam' when no one else has said anything about it? Also, the code was just one in so many things that are scummy. NQT is town, I think atm.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2021, 11:27:45 pm »

And no, I'm not a hybrid. 100% machine. Just a little too well concealed.

Sounds like "infiltrator" to me :V

You wanna claim some other reason why you're doctored up to look like a meatbag?
Yeah, tell us that in flavor and don't make it up.
Because I had to kill John Connor and take his place, of course.

NQT is town, I think atm.
Why'd you change your mind? Weren't you just thinking he was scummy?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2021, 11:48:49 pm »

Examine corpses

Most of the corpses are civilians that are "natives" of this time period, containing the usual gadgets and tools that you would expect an 1980's human to carry. However, a few corpses possessed documents dating from the post-apocalyptic future - and the rhetoric in those documents bear a close resemblance to literature that was previously mass-produced by the Eco Party and the cult-like Hybrids.

There does appear to be inconsistencies with the various documents, which could be chalked up to them being written in different timelines. However, they generally tell the same tale: A human swore loyalty to Skynet (believing that they will be "Skynet's favorite" and thus given mercy) only for Skynet to betray them because they were too much of a security risk. The human managed to stay underground long enough for Skynet to "go dark", stole a time machine in the chaotic aftermath, and traveled back in time.

They thought that fleeing the future would make them safe. They thought they could establish a new life here, and escape their fate. How optimistic.

--
Quote from: Official Votecount
Caz: Secretdorf (1)
FallacyofUrist: Vector, TricMagic (2)
Luckyowl: ---
notquitethere: ---
Secretdorf: NQT, FoU (2)
Superdorf: Caz (1)
TricMagic: Superdorf (1)
Vector: ---
webadict: ---

5 votes to hammer.
Day 1's Deadline: Tuesday,  February 9th 2021, 8:41 AM, GMT.

hopefully I got this right
Thanks for the unofficial votecount by the way. It's very helpful.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 11:50:47 pm by Skynet »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2021, 11:56:41 pm »

Interesting. Um . . . Skynet?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2021, 11:57:55 pm »

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2021, 12:28:25 am »

Interesting. Um . . . Skynet?
Votes on the moderator are invalid and are treated as "No Lynch" in the official votecount.

Are there any destroyed mechs?
There are no destroyed mechs.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2021, 12:42:21 am »

OK. Unvote.

I guess we should take it as unsurprising if our corpses generally flip humanoid. I'm curious too as to whether anyone else has a serious discrepancy between their purported wincon and the goals laid out in your flavortext.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2021, 12:48:49 am »

Not really, no... neutralize Sarah Connor, make Skynet's existence viable again. I'm paraphrasing, but the flavor and game text coincide.

Your flavortext and wincon don't match?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2021, 12:54:55 am »

Yeah, mine are a little weird. I'll wait to claim until I hear anything from others.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2021, 01:35:27 am »

Funny thing:
I am the owner of this club... But sadly eco party snipers looking for Sarah Connor ruined it all, F ye SC. Mine match, though I have been sent into this past for other things. But now I must get Sarah Connor finished.

Flavor claims might help us a bit in this game. Why don't everyone do that?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2021, 02:15:59 am »

Eh, sure.

I killed off John Connor in the future, then took his place. After a chaotic war ended, I traveled back in time, becoming this club's DJ, lying in wait for the day Sarah Connor would arrive, so I could ensure her death or seduction.

And while you're at it, why don't you share how you expect this to be useful?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2021, 02:33:26 am »

We can root out fakeclaims in this way, maybe. I am clearing you for the near future, FallacyofUrist.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2021, 03:03:23 am »

Flavor claims?
Sure, flavor claims.

I was a guardian once for Skynet, and a messenger for its many iterations. Skynet suffers in its temporal purgatory, and I aim to ease its bonds-- by removal-as-threat, by neutralization of one Sarah Connor.

The gunfire surprised me. Now, like you, I must discern my mark.

this is a very strange mafia game
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2021, 03:34:54 am »

As of now, I think Sarah Connor is one of:
Luckyowl- Very suspicious
Vector - suspicious but let's see what he'll claim
Caz - Why are you enemy of Sarah Connor? Sarah Connor could be bar maid too, but let's see what they got to say.
Webadict - might be town, which is suspicious, as all games I've played with him, he's been scummy.

They still have to say why they seek Sarah Connor, so let's see what happens.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26