Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26

Author Topic: Skynet's Seduction [Resistance Victory]  (Read 20495 times)

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Skynet's Seduction [Day 1 begins]
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2021, 01:20:33 pm »

Superdorf: Shoot that RVS vote on vector. Tell me what do you inspect as? Who do you think is towniest so far?

Caz: What resistance do you expect while finding and killing Sarah Connor?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2021, 01:26:38 pm »

Alright, finally read my role PM. Let's answer some questions.

webadict: Evidently the flavor catalyst for this event was some sort of cult. Think we'll actually see a cult third party in this game?
There's a bit about seducing Sarah Connor into becoming a Hybrid. That's sounds culty enough to be true, but it also sounds like anyone that's a Human can fall prey to the same thing. Doesn't that make you a viable target for Culting?

If I were masons with Wubba we couldn't fuck with each other.
As if I wouldn't fuck with you regardless.

Webadict: Is Sarah Connor everyone's enemy?
Sarah Connor requires neutralization or conversion. My database unfortunately contains no helpful information about the second, though.

Anyone who understands: Is Sarah Connor our only enemy? Or are the terminators and 'seducers' supposed to kill us too? What is difference between machine and human? Are there two scumteams in this game who are enemies of each other? How does Sarah Connor win?
It is quite likely that there is a player among us that is Sarah Connor. That player is the only real target we need to eliminate. Hm... I'm gonna think on this one a bit.

Vector is scum.
How come?
Because we're supposed to find Sarah Connor not scum.
Secretdorf: Why am I not voting you right now?
Because I'm obvtown or you wanted to vote Webadict first?
Someone's gotta lead that train.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2021, 01:49:27 pm »

Superdorf: Shoot that RVS vote on vector. Tell me what do you inspect as? Who do you think is towniest so far?

- Alright, shoot it.
- Machine.
- You and Tric and Fallacy are all caught in a wonky three-way scrum, so... hm, Caz and webadict? There's not much information to go on at the moment.

TricMagic: Putting my money where my mouth is. You've claimed miller before too, you should know better than this.
FallacyofUrist: Haven't had much to say about the accusations flying around, have you? Are you watching from the sidelines or what?
Luckyowl, Vector: What's your take on things so far?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2021, 01:50:40 pm »

Caz: What resistance do you expect while finding and killing Sarah Connor?

I mean this is a mafia game, so I'm assuming they have a nightkill.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2021, 02:03:05 pm »

- Alright, shoot it.
- Machine.
- You and Tric and Fallacy are all caught in a wonky three-way scrum, so... hm, Caz and webadict? There's not much information to go on at the moment.

TricMagic: Putting my money where my mouth is. You've claimed miller before too, you should know better than this.
FallacyofUrist: Haven't had much to say about the accusations flying around, have you? Are you watching from the sidelines or what?
Luckyowl, Vector: What's your take on things so far?

Fun that you are voting me. Wht do you expect me to say, and why do you think a Human Inspect Result is the same as a Mafia Inspect Result? I can't really say policy lynch the Miller even though that is a good idea, yet the two games I was in as Miller I lived to the end. A Miller Claim is simply grounds to not inspect you, since mafia is what will turn up. Claiming an inspect will reveal you are human is another kettle of bolts entirely, as it doesn't say if you are town aligned or mafia aligned.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2021, 02:06:08 pm »

Fun that you are voting me. Wht do you expect me to say, and why do you think a Human Inspect Result is the same as a Mafia Inspect Result? I can't really say policy lynch the Miller even though that is a good idea, yet the two games I was in as Miller I lived to the end. A Miller Claim is simply grounds to not inspect you, since mafia is what will turn up. Claiming an inspect will reveal you are human is another kettle of bolts entirely, as it doesn't say if you are town aligned or mafia aligned.

You'd think it would be clear to SuperDorf about this [information] if they're actually robit-aligned.

Also I'm DEFINITELY going to confuse the two dorfs in this game at some point.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2021, 02:07:18 pm »

(also I'm appalled at how many of you aren't familiar with the Terminator movies. c'mon guys.)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2021, 02:47:55 pm »

hrrrrrmnnnnngh so much posting. I'm going to break up my responses a little.

Anyone who understands:

This is suspicious. Especially the breadcrumbing about two scumteams, when anyone terminator-aligned would know only that we need to eliminate Sarah Connor and any Resistance she creates.

Vector: Why am I in your least favorite scumteam?

Because you're gonna be really hard to distinguish from Super :I

Vector
Anyway, least favorite scumteam: secretdorf and superdorf.
I can't believe they're both playing, this will be impossible to keep them apart. How important do you think flavour claims will be?

I'm guessing flavor claims won't be game-breaking, but there will likely be some kind of clues available based on flavor. It seems like even Vanilla Terminators get some customized role-flavor; I guess I'm curious as to how that all fits together.

I'm too tired for this game.  Vector, are you scum? Assume that red,  I don't wanna red it on my phone right now.

Also, did anyone else have a buttload of flavor, or am I crazy?

No & Yes

What resistance do you expect while finding and killing Sarah Connor?

I cannot understand why you're doing this, my dude
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2021, 02:48:41 pm »

I have another midterm on Monday so I'm hanging back a little.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2021, 02:57:41 pm »

(also I'm appalled at how many of you aren't familiar with the Terminator movies. c'mon guys.)
I watched the Matrix. Isn't that good enough? ;p

Also I'm DEFINITELY going to confuse the two dorfs in this game at some point.
Let's be honest, we all are.

Haven't been online until now.

Nope, the flavor-PMs are huge for this game.
Same here. Gigatons of flavor.

What do you mean by seriously nonstandard mechanics It seems pretty standard to me so far - find Sarah Connor, kill Sarah Connor, kill any other Resistance along the way. It's just a lot of flavour. And roleflips that don't flip. If that's what you're talking about, eh. It's annoying that we can't trust flips, but it just means we can't confirm anyone. We can still gather and use information that we aren't sure the source of. It's just... not guaranteed to be right. But false information can be useful too in finding out the reason behind the falseness.
I mean, untrustworthy role flips are seriously nonstandard.

Also, we can win when Sarah Connor dies, or when she's 'seduced'. Pretty different from standard mafia's 'when all anti-town roles are dead'.

Funny, that.

I can think of exactly one reason why this would be:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'll decode that when you tell me why and we can see if it matches, huh?
So basically, my chassis is rocking some seriously advanced stealth/infiltration technology. Normally that'd be a good thing, but here, it's just going to add to the confusion, so I decided to claim it first post.

This is suspicious. Especially the breadcrumbing about two scumteams, when anyone terminator-aligned would know only that we need to eliminate Sarah Connor and any Resistance she creates.
Good enough reason to vote Secretdorf for a first vote. Maybe he's so fixated on alternate scum teams because he's part of one.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2021, 03:01:33 pm »

Sure you aren't confusing that for Superdorf FallacyofUrist?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2021, 03:03:25 pm »

I am going to literally cry if they are on a scumteam

But Fou, for realzies, why are you bothering to vote anyone who you don't think is Sarah Connor

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2021, 03:05:43 pm »

But Fou, for realzies, why are you bothering to vote anyone who you don't think is Sarah Connor
Look, of course voting Sarah Connor is the most important thing. But in a setup with nine players, there's no possible way that there's only one player working against us. Secondary hostile factions removed is much better than lynching a townie.

I haven't seen evidence of who's Sarah Connor yet, but I have seen evidence that Secretdorf is hiding things.

And townies shouldn't be hiding things. (Under most circumstances)

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2021, 03:11:41 pm »

Sure you aren't confusing that for Superdorf FallacyofUrist?
Nope, I'm definitely not.

You know, I have to wonder. Since we win if we lynch or get seduced the Sarah Connor, what sort of protections would there be against the game ending to a lucky day 1 lynch, so early? If any.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2021, 03:15:59 pm »

I have another question: does anyone have any vague sense of what Sarah Connor's wincon would be? Are we guessing a cult with a survivor head?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26