Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26

Author Topic: Skynet's Seduction [Resistance Victory]  (Read 20441 times)

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Skynet's Seduction [Signups: 9/9]
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2021, 03:41:38 am »

Day 1

“Did Sarah Connor die?”

“I already examined all the bodies. She’s alive. And she couldn't have fled - the Eco Party snipers would have got her.”

“So how do we find her?”

“The Resistance used to practice a form of violent frontier justice. The mob votes on who they should target. Whoever has the majority vote gets terminated. Then we wait for the criminal to retaliate...which he or she usually do. We then keep terminating (while the criminal keeps retaliating) until we finally identify and eliminate the enemy. This process of ‘democratic murder’ reduces collateral damage to minimal levels...”

“Except for the situation where the the criminal kills us all.”

“A risk we have to take.”

Day 1 started on: Saturday, February 6th, 2021, 8:41 AM, GMT.
Day 1's Deadline: Tuesday,  February 9th 2021,  8:41 AM, GMT.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Skynet's Seduction [Day 1 begins]
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2021, 03:59:52 am »

If inspected, I will falsely return a result of human. Getting that out of the way in advance.

Vector: Who're the two players here you'd be least happy about facing as a scum team? Who's the player here you'd be happiest to be in a mason group with?

notquitethere: All the games I've been in with you haven't given me a good idea of how you'd adapt your play to a smaller-player setup like this. I'm aware you prefer vote-analysis, but how will that be applied differently here based on the setup? Especially when roleflips are not guaranteed to be accurate, as noted in rule 4?

Caz: There's a good chance that we'll be dealing with some... seriously nonstandard mechanics. Obviously scum hunting is still really important, but what's the likelihood that we'll get distracted and bogged down by mechanics garbagio?

Luckyowl: Can you muster the courage to fully engage with this game?

webadict: Evidently the flavor catalyst for this event was some sort of cult. Think we'll actually see a cult third party in this game?

TricMagic: Realistically, I was bound to run out of questions sooner or later. (It's also kinda late). So instead of me asking you a question, why don't you ask me a question instead?

A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2021, 04:02:33 am »

FallacyofUrist is scum.

Anyway, least favorite scumteam: secretdorf and superdorf. Fave mason: probably NQT? If I were masons with Wubba we couldn't fuck with each other.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2021, 04:46:32 am »

Vector is scum.

FallacyofUrist: Where did it say anything about a cult?

Vector: Why am I in your least favorite scumteam?

Anyone who understands: Is Sarah Connor our only enemy? Or are the terminators and 'seducers' supposed to kill us too? What is difference between machine and human? Are there two scumteams in this game who are enemies of each other? How does Sarah Connor win?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2021, 05:24:20 am »

FallacyofUrist: Forget that thing about cult, was in OP. So, if you come as human that means you're Sarah Connor, right? Good thing you cleared that right off the bat.

Webadict: Is Sarah Connor everyone's enemy?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2021, 05:39:23 am »

OK, fair warning, I've never watched Terminator. From what I gather it's about robots in disguise sent back into the past to stop the humans? Well, I've read the setting info for this game from my role PM and the post and so I think I can keep up at least with the our continuity.

Fallacy
If inspected, I will falsely return a result of human. Getting that out of the way in advance.
I can think of exactly one reason why this would be:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'll decode that when you tell me why and we can see if it matches, huh?

notquitethere: All the games I've been in with you haven't given me a good idea of how you'd adapt your play to a smaller-player setup like this. I'm aware you prefer vote-analysis, but how will that be applied differently here based on the setup? Especially when roleflips are not guaranteed to be accurate, as noted in rule 4?
Roleflips aren't guaranteed, so flip analysis may be worse than useless. So I'll be looking at different things:
- Who wants it more?
- New techniques??
- Night kills.
- Setting clues

Vector
Anyway, least favorite scumteam: secretdorf and superdorf.
I can't believe they're both playing, this will be impossible to keep them apart. How important do you think flavour claims will be?

Secretdorf
Or are the terminators and 'seducers' supposed to kill us too? What is difference between machine and human? Are there two scumteams in this game who are enemies of each other? How does Sarah Connor win?
Buddy, we are the terminators. I don't who you think you are but if you're not on team terminator then you must be Sarah Connor.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2021, 05:44:26 am »

Hard to believe Secretdorf would scumtell so blatantly in his very first post of the game, but here we are.

FallacyofUrist: Where did it say anything about a cult?
I'm not going to answer this for Fallacy, but this is also very telling.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2021, 07:26:50 am »

Oh right! I realize that I am a 'terminator'. But then why don't I have a kill as terminators are supposed to kill sarah coonor while 'seducers' are supposed to ?seduce? them.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2021, 09:04:35 am »

FallacyofUrist is scum.

Anyway, least favorite scumteam: secretdorf and superdorf. Fave mason: probably NQT? If I were masons with Wubba we couldn't fuck with each other.

Lynch all Humans I say, FallacyofUrist. Bold move trying to copy me.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2021, 09:06:07 am »

FallacyofUrist is scum.

Lynch all Humans I say, FallacyofUrist. Bold move trying to copy me.

Main issue with this claim is that it shouldn't be an issue. I expect some humans in game besides Conner. So why claim it will be false if it's the truth?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2021, 09:19:03 am »

I'm too tired for this game.  Vector, are you scum? Assume that red,  I don't wanna red it on my phone right now.

Also, did anyone else have a buttload of flavor, or am I crazy?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2021, 09:30:28 am »

pfp

You're not crazy (well, not for this). I have a very detailed backstory which has highly motivated me.

Wuba, Tric, you don't find anything strange about Secret not knowing who we are and the enemy we face?

Tric, I've got another question to ask about something you said but I want to see what Fallacy says first.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2021, 09:35:12 am »

Pfp

Caz, Superdorf, are you both terminators or what? Secret was taking about seducers and terminators as if he was on a separate team...

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2021, 10:02:22 am »

Pfp

Caz, Superdorf, are you both terminators or what? Secret was taking about seducers and terminators as if he was on a separate team...
I didn't understand the setup correctly. Stop pushing me so hard for that. I said that because my role name was in green and I had no kill, so I thought there was another faction with a kill. I am a terminator, indeed. Plus it says, sarah connor needs to be killed or seduced, so I assumed there must be a faction with a kill. I later figured out that it might have meant lynched.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2021, 10:11:36 am »

Secret, I'm only pushing hard because it seems like a genuine scum slip.

But look, if it was a genuine misunderstanding then I obviously don't want to eliminate you for it. So let's walk through this. You see in the flavour that there are seducers and that the aim is to kill Sarah Connor, but you can't kill or seduce so you initially assume another faction must be able to? Have I got that right?

Paraphrase your wincon for us.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26