Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26

Author Topic: Skynet's Seduction [Resistance Victory]  (Read 20418 times)

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Skynet's Seduction [Resistance Victory]
« on: February 02, 2021, 11:27:00 pm »

For some reason I was thinking of the Terminator movies this morning, and how if Skynet really wanted John Connor not to be born, instead of trying to kill his mom, all they would have to do is send one to seduce her instead. Since robots cannot into gene pool, babby never happens and Skynet wins forever.

May 12th, 1984

Early this morning, the news reported the existence of a mysterious techno-cult. The cult leader says lies. Seductive lies. And they are targeting every Sarah Connor in this city.

One Sarah in particular had already called the police for help and requested protection. Until the police arrive, Sarah will hide in the crowds of the Tech Noir dance club, safe from whoever is trying to “get” her too.

But her would-be opponents had already known Sarah would flee here. They came from the post-apocalyptic future, where knowledge of Sarah Connor’s history was commonplace. Each opponent had acquired the blueprints of Tech Noir and wargamed all the possible scenarios in this arena countless times.

Each agent came into Tech Noir under false pretenses, thinking that this would be an easy job. Find Sarah, complete their assigned missions, and then return back as heroes. Only the crowd of civilians stood in their way. Sarah was hiding in there. She just had to be drawn out.

It just so happened that one agent had a plan to narrow down the crowd. This agent stationed snipers in nearby buildings, wearing grey suits to prevent identification by the police.

One sniper first broadcasted their propaganda to the nightclub. It was only just to state your aims before you shoot, after all. “Kill Harmful Industrialization! Destroy Shallow Politicalization! Clear the way for a new order...the order of the Eco Party!” Then, satisfied that their agenda was peacefully conveyed to the masses, the Eco Party snipers started firing.

When the snipers stopped shooting, only nine survivors remaining. And every one of them have pointed plasma guns at each other across the bloodied tables and the fresh corpses. Using the snipers may have dispersed the crowds, but it also revealed too much information.

---

Players:
  • LuckyOwl
  • Vector
  • webadict
  • Caz
  • Secretdorf
  • TricMagic
  • Superdorf
  • FallacyofUrist
  • notquitethere

Rules of Engagement:

1. The game starts on Day 1.
2. A Day is 72 real-life hours, and a Night is 24 real-life hours. No extensions.
3. If a majority of the town (50% + 1) votes for a single target, that target is Hammered and the day immediately ends. No more conversation is permitted.
4. When someone role flips (as a result of dying), their role name and alignment are revealed, but not their full Role PM. This revelation is not guaranteed to be accurate. Your Role PM will let you know what your eventual roleflip will be.
 - Example Roleflip: Player Name: Skynet. Role Name: T-4, Vanilla Townie. Terminator-Aligned.
5. Do not quote directly from mod private communications (PMs or QuickTopic).
6. Individuals who are not Terminator-Aligned will be given fakeclaims to help them blend in with the Town. It's up to them to decide how to use their fakeclaim properly.
7. The game has a lot of flavor, so flavor claims may help give you some clues as to how the setup works. However, this should not be a substitute for basic scumhunting and general suspicion. The flavor here in this game may be...twisted, so don't rely on Terminator canon to help you out that much (that being said, the original prompt for this idea wasn't based on Terminator canon either).

This closed setup was actually made in 2016-2017, but I never got the chance to actually run it until now. I hope you enjoy it.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 02:47:18 pm by Skynet »

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
Re: Skynet's Seduction [Signups: 0/9]
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 11:30:42 pm »

In

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Skynet's Seduction [Signups: 1/9]
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 12:01:40 am »

In!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Skynet's Seduction [Signups: 2/9]
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 01:05:37 am »

In.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 04:04:01 am »

In

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 04:32:31 am »

: In :

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Skynet's Seduction [Signups: 5/9]
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 08:31:27 am »

IN

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Skynet's Seduction [Signups: 6/9]
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2021, 02:11:15 pm »

4. When someone role flips (as a result of dying), their role name and alignment are revealed, but not their full Role PM. This revelation is not guaranteed to be accurate. Your Role PM will let you know what your eventual roleflip will be.
 - Example Roleflip: Player Name: Skynet. Role Name: T-4, Vanilla Townie. Terminator-Aligned.
Are you saying that even role name and alignment are not guaranteed to be accurate?

Also, are PMs allowed between players?

As a closed bastard I'm tempted to join because I bet I could deduce this entire game's setup and break it.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 02:12:56 pm by ToonyMan »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2021, 02:26:28 pm »

I'm... gonna regret this.

In.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2021, 02:29:43 pm »

Are you saying that even role name and alignment are not guaranteed to be accurate?

Yes.

Also, are PMs allowed between players?

Yes, but please forward all player-communications to me so that I know what is going on.

As a closed bastard I'm tempted to join because I bet I could deduce this entire game's setup and break it.
Interesting. If you do indeed decide to join this game and then break the setup, I will make sure to reflect that in the flavor.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2021, 02:53:24 pm »

T-1000nyMan

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Skynet's Seduction [Signups: 7/9]
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2021, 03:01:38 pm »

T-1000nyMan
Possible Response:
    That's a good one.
    Pretty lame dude.
    Huh?
--> Fuck you, asshole.
    Fuck you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2021, 03:10:45 pm »

Eh, you'll be back.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2021, 03:31:34 pm »

Alright, in. I don't want this unique setup to stall forever instead of starting.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2021, 04:30:23 pm »

Yeah same.In.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26