Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: One Night Ultimate Webwolf [Game Over: Werewolves Win]  (Read 9003 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: One Night Ultimate Webwolf [Game Over: Werewolves Win]
« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2021, 07:31:43 pm »

Alright guys. For silly setups, was that enjoyable? Would you be interested in playing it again?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 05, 2021, 07:34:28 pm »

Haha Lucky didn't vote.

That was a very fair game, rip town.

Alright guys. For silly setups, was that enjoyable? Would you be interested in playing it again?
I was hoping it would be more interesting than "oh shit wolves heavily outnumber the town and there's no possible way they could get screwed over because the tanner, robber, and troublemaker are not in play". I assume this ridiculous 5 werewolves outcome is not normal, at all.

Anything else would have been more interesting. Having only one or two werewolves. Having zero werewolves. Anything!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 05, 2021, 07:37:00 pm »

This style of game looks cool, but I agree that 5 v. 2 favoring the werewoofs is a bit much.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2021, 07:39:30 pm »

There would have been less risk of it going badly if there were more players. The wolfpack swung that a bit hard due to how things played out.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2021, 07:40:58 pm »

I had a concentrated moment of excitement of trying to figure out a good fake claim to fit with what the people I assumed were wolves, so that was good. This game format is inherently swingy. It's main virtue is it's short.

I am 0% surprised Luckyowl failed to read the post telling him to vote. Rule 0 of mafia is basically if you won't read the thread you'll probably lose.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 05, 2021, 07:45:35 pm »

I had a concentrated moment of excitement of trying to figure out a good fake claim to fit with what the people I assumed were wolves, so that was good. This game format is inherently swingy. It's main virtue is it's short.
I think this game could have been interesting by basically having "two sides of logic". You have the side telling the truth that town should be following, and then you have the side that are trying to fit together their lies to mislynch the town. Plus your assortment of third-party like the tanner who will also be lying, but lying to get lynched.

But at the end of the day this game became broken once the wolves easily realized 4 out of the 7 players were lying. The fact NQT was made a wolf because of me, an initial town player, made it even more damning.

Imagine if a Troublemaker was actually in play and swapped Leafsnail's card with a Wolf, or something to that effect. Everything town had to counter was not available here.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2021, 07:48:07 pm »

Wolves got very lucky having a full spread outside the centre and maximising all possible conversions. I would have run it with less potential wolf team members.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2021, 07:51:21 pm »

Haha Lucky didn't vote.

That was a very fair game, rip town.

I was hoping it would be more interesting than "oh shit wolves heavily outnumber the town and there's no possible way they could get screwed over because the tanner, robber, and troublemaker are not in play". I assume this ridiculous 5 werewolves outcome is not normal, at all.

Anything else would have been more interesting. Having only one or two werewolves. Having zero werewolves. Anything!
That is true, however it was an entirely randomized setup. There were a number of ways that the setup could've changed, and I think I might weigh the Minion/Paranormal Investigator away from games with an Alpha Wolf in it. I agree with you, but I think that can be fixed with numbers.

Yes, which is why I can have Mamobo run them, which is why I'd like feedback on how to make it more enjoyable if it was automated by the bot.

Wolves got very lucky having a full spread outside the centre and maximising all possible conversions. I would have run it with less potential wolf team members.
True. Weights on roles mixing with other roles can be changed to make it less unbalanced. Also, having the Tanner or Troublemaker in the actual game might've made it a bit more fair.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2021, 07:54:59 pm »

IRL when I play, I usually don't include the Troublemaker. Maybe it'll be different in long-form when everyone has a lot of time to think about things, but in person Troublemaker almost always results in a town victory. Everyone claims, then the Troublemaker says that they swapped such and such, then the people who were wolves who were swapped then realise that they're town and so immediately rat out their team mates.

Automating the setup with the bot would lower the opportunity cost for playing potentially unbalanced setups as the games would be short and low hassle.

Also, is the change to the Drunk deliberate?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 05, 2021, 08:00:18 pm »

IRL when I play, I usually don't include the Troublemaker. Maybe it'll be different in long-form when everyone has a lot of time to think about things, but in person Troublemaker almost always results in a town victory. Everyone claims, then the Troublemaker says that they swapped such and such, then the people who were wolves who were swapped then realise that they're town and so immediately rat out their team mates.

Automating the setup with the bot would lower the opportunity cost for playing potentially unbalanced setups as the games would be short and low hassle.
Absolutely makes it less of a hassle to continually run, and it's supposed to be very silly.

I can definitely remove Troublemaker, if that tends to be a problem role. It does seem to be that way.

Also, is the change to the Drunk deliberate?
No. My information source had it written wrong. I'm trying to fix all instances of that.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 05, 2021, 08:03:11 pm »

Lucky-freaking-coinflipping-owl, why didn't you vote? If they were more organized we could have ended up losing due to a tie vote.

Other than that, victory via luck. Or lack there of on the town's side.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 05, 2021, 08:05:48 pm »

Lucky-freaking-coinflipping-owl, why didn't you vote? If they were more organized we could have ended up losing due to a tie vote.
It was still impossible for town to win. Leafsnail's vote stops that player from being lynched.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
Re: One Night Ultimate Webwolf [Day]
« Reply #147 on: February 05, 2021, 08:38:20 pm »

Damn! Qué rápido. Well might as well end it. I see no reason for anyone to lie they're the werewolf. So I'll claim Dream Wolf and I'll be voting for Leafsnail

Bruh. I voted.  ???

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One Night Ultimate Webwolf [Day]
« Reply #148 on: February 05, 2021, 08:40:53 pm »

You look at each other, debating, and then, you all decide that there is nothing left to discuss. It is only time for action.

Player List
-----------------------
notquitethere - READY TO VOTE
TricMagic - READY TO VOTE
ToonyMan - READY TO VOTE
Leafsnail - READY TO VOTE
Secretdorf - READY TO VOTE
FallacyofUrist - READY TO VOTE
Luckyowl - READY TO VOTE

Not Ready To Vote -

Spoiler: Role List (click to show/hide)

The group gathers around a small box. One of the you hands out pencils and paper to vote. There is little time left to decide who must die.

It is now time to vote. As long as one player gets at least 2 votes, all players with the most votes is killed. You cannot vote for yourself. Voting Phase ends February 5, 2021 at 18:00 CST. If you do not vote before then, you will automatically lose.

I was even tallied as ready to vote... So...yeah .-.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One Night Ultimate Webwolf [ROLLING]
« Reply #149 on: February 05, 2021, 08:46:08 pm »

Your order has been randomized. The player above you is to your left. The player below you is to your right.

Your randomized order is as follow:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The roles have been randomized. Three of these roles are randomly assigned as Middle Roles (Left, Center, and Right). The rest are assigned randomly.

The list of randomized roles is:

Action priority order is as follows:

Roles without actions:

As there is an Alpha Wolf, a fourth Middle Role (Wolf) has been added

During the winter times, the king and his family like to visit Lupine Woods, a small remote village housing centuries-old buildings and rumors of the occult. Though the king enjoys the mountain for skiing and hunting, the queen took to the wicked whispers fondly, and the village soon became famous as a hotspot for fans of the paranormal.

However, last Night, a murder took place. The man had been torn apart limb by limb, and though the authorities were on high-alert, the wisest among the villagers knew that there needed to be something done about the Werewolf menace before they escaped. The Villagers contacted the Seer and their apprentice to help out, as well as an investigator that happened to be in the neighborhood. Of course, with the authorities having their attention turned elsewhere, thieves and ne'er-do-wells also found ample time to get up to mischief.

Not everyone is a hero in Lupine Woods, but it is up to you to find the Werewolves and remove them from town.

Seven suspects stand suspiciously secluded.

It is now Night.

Player List
-----------------------
notquitethere
TricMagic
ToonyMan
Leafsnail
Secretdorf
FallacyofUrist
Luckyowl

Role List
-----------------------
Alpha Wolf
Dream Wolf
Seer
Tanner
Robber
Troublemaker
Apprentice Seer
Minion
Bodyguard
Paranormal Investigator

Night ends on February 4th, 2021 at 17:00 or when all actions have been received.

Woooow. What's even the point of a voting stage. Why couldn't we just voted by highlighting a player as red? So lame. But it's whatever. It is what it is. GG anyways
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11