Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Either Humans Should Have Higher Median Of Ambition Or Reworked Description  (Read 543 times)

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile

All of they're personality traits are completely average. Here are some of my proposals for changing they're descriptions:

A medium-sized creature that does not display any unusual signs of nearly mandatory exaggerations among it's species.

A medium-sized creature which believes can vary between it's own civilizations.

A medium-sized creature that doesn't quit surprising. (In reference to above example but taking account for that there may be only one human civilization existing)

A medium-sized creature with tendencies of going rogue. (Only humans can be bandits)

An above average tall medium-sized creature.

A medium-sized creature that can intimate sapients with it's height.

A medium-sized creature who specializes at acting average.

A medium-sized creature with a complex historical background.

A medium-sized creature lacking any extraordinary advantages.

A medium-sized creature that does really well with various kinds of weaponry.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 04:30:42 am by rico6822 »
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The fantastic thing about a game with customisable raws is that you can change many aspects of the game without any knowledge of coding. So when you disagree with some miscellaneous description, instead of having to wait 10 years for Toady change it, you can just change it. Great stuff.

Or, whatever, have a thread with a hundred different opinions on what the "correct" description of a human is and maybe Toady will get to it some day.

Personally, I look at worldgen and the spread of human cities across the world and completely agree with the current description

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile

The fantastic thing about a game with customisable raws is that you can change many aspects of the game without any knowledge of coding. So when you disagree with some miscellaneous description, instead of having to wait 10 years for Toady change it, you can just change it. Great stuff.

Or, whatever, have a thread with a hundred different opinions on what the "correct" description of a human is and maybe Toady will get to it some day.

Personally, I look at worldgen and the spread of human cities across the world and completely agree with the current description

Nice but I had a world that generated a heck ton of hillrocks and almost no human sites.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice but I had a world that generated a heck ton of hillrocks and almost no human sites.
Doesn't happen very often though. Wouldn't be much of a world simulation if every generated world was exactly the same.

Talking of which, procedural descriptions are likely needed post-mythgen.