Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: (ISG) Surviving in an unfamiliar world  (Read 1178 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
(ISG) Surviving in an unfamiliar world
« on: January 28, 2021, 09:57:39 am »

You don't quite remember what happened. The last thing you clearly remember is the car in which you were riding on the back seat losing control and swerving right into incoming traffic. Then, blackness.

You stand up and look around. Your clothes are ragged yet you don't have any injuries besides a few slight cuts and bruses. The cold air feels like it's polluted. The sky is deep dark blue however you do not see the sun or moon, or even a single cloud. The sky looks like a void. You are in a roughly circle-shaped small "valley" between jagged, dark grey, grainy "mountains". They aren't high at all but their tops look sharp and climbing them would be a bad idea. They are very cold to the touch yet they don't feel like stone or metal. The ground below you is dusty and pale blue. There seem to be rocks scattered around, seemingly made of the same material as the mountains but lighter. A grey haze surrounds the area. There is a strange yellow, glowing, rounded square-shaped hole in the mountain "walls". It provides pulsating light. You wonder what is its purpose and you really want to touch it for some reason. There is an exit out of the valley besides the hole, leading into a similar valley. You hear faint mechanical whirring from the other side of the exit.

What do you do?
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Surviving in an unfamiliar world
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 04:21:17 pm »

Use our smartphone to see what our location is and call an Uber to take us home.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 02:32:57 am »

See if we get a signal on our phone, and see if we can find our shoes since we seemed to have lost them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 05:15:57 am »

You check your phone and open the Uber app, only to notice this place gets no phone or internet signal... thus no apps that rely on the internet work. You also find your shoes lying on the ground nearby so you pick them up and put them on.

In the distance you see a massive laser-like, glowing, multi-layered beam shoot upwards what looks like hundreds of kilometers up, barely noticeably arcing. Looks like it might come back down in a while in another place. The firing of the beam is accompanied by a sudden, electronic, ear-piercing SKRRZT sound.

What do you do?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 05:49:46 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 05:18:50 am »

> Touch pulsating yellow glow

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 05:23:12 am »

+1 We might also want to grab a sharp looking rock.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2021, 08:40:30 am »

+1 We might also want to grab a sharp looking rock.
+1 Be careful not to cut ourselves, though.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2021, 08:46:52 am »

You go over to the source of the glow and poke it. Immediately, some semi-solid glowing bright yellow... stuff spills out in spherical clumps and the hole shrinks slightly. It feels a bit like static electricity to the touch though it's not painful to hold it. You grab one of the clumps and put it in your pocket. You also pick up a large sharp rock, it would make for a decent weapon...

What do you do?

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2021, 09:39:15 am »

Put your hand in the pulsating hole

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2021, 01:55:59 am »

Eat 1 glowing clump

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2021, 01:58:53 am »

Breakdance

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2021, 03:52:21 am »

Grab a few more of the glowing bits.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2021, 06:46:00 am »

Go through the exit, doesn't seem to be much more to do in this area...
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2021, 10:51:07 am »

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2021, 08:08:00 am »

(Sorry forgot about this.)

You eat one of the yellow glowing clumps. Or rather, it dissipates in your mouth with a crackling sound. You pick up the others. You also stick your hand in the glowing hole. Nothing happens. You also breakdance on the floor for some reason for a while.

Seeing as there's nothing else to do here, you go through the "door".

You see much the same valley as before, however the walls are less jagged. There is a strange circular disk-like object with mandible-like claws at the front that is seemingly "harvesting" some more of that glowy stuff which is hovering above it. The disk-like object is light green at the top with a red line crossing it. There is a slightly-elevated, light gray, thin path crossing over a small puddle of greenish... stuff. There is another exit, some distance beyond which stands a large, blocky turret-like object. On a dark gray square prism-like block is mounted a larger, translucent, swiveling square prism filled with the glowy stuff. It also has a short, trapezoidal "barrel". It is tracking your every move.

You hear an echoing robotic voice, seemingly coming from the next room but also from the disk.

INTER-HIVE DIPLOMACY PROTOCOL ACTIVATED. Who are you, intruder? You do not appear to have an Unique Identifier recorded by the Nexus. In fact, it appears you are not a Hive. Identify yourself!

What do you do?

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2